Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with motor, kinda of long.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help with motor, kinda of long.

The other night after the track I went to my sisters house to show my nephew my new cam setup. Came outside and started the car no problems. Well, about 45 minutes later I decide to go home. Get in the car and crank it up and all I felt was the starter spin then suddenly stoped. Tried cranking again and all I could hear was the starter clunk. Next day came back with a new battery and jacks to check the starter. Installed the new battery and still the starter would hit like it was stuck. Went underneath the car checked all connections and hammered the starter and nothing. So I figured the starter was broke and had the car towed to the shop. Make the story short it was not the starter. Paid to get the car diagnosed and the motor was hydolocked with fuel. They were able to crank it after they unloaded the fuel from the cyclinders. Some of the codes the tech pulled had to do with the camshaft sensor. Said anytime you crank the car it would unload fuel into the cyclinders. The cam was just installed about a week ago. Is it possible that some of the cam bolts backed out and the cam walked out enough to mess with the cam sensor? Car was running great all week and ran strong at the track. Any ideas would help. Thanks
Old 02-23-2005, 11:25 AM
11 Second Club

code set was DTC P0342 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Low Input .
Old 03-23-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean Camshaft Position Sensor or Crankshaft Position Sensor?

The sensor needs to be replaced and the Tech2 tool to be connected to perform a CPS relearn.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

i think you might have either a broken timing set...or your cam sprocket fell of of the cam...but that is on the far end of bad of what "could" be wrong
Old 03-23-2005, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

It was my timing chain. Check this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/292140-rollmaster-double-timing-chain-broke.html

Quick Reply: Help with motor, kinda of long.