Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lined up with a '99+ GT on spray tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Lined up with a '99+ GT on spray tonight

Took my g/f out to eat dinner tonight at Wallbangers (great burgers), and went for a drive around town afterwards. There is mainly a lot of 4 bangers hanging around, and no one really looking for a race. Well, after driving around for a while, I notice a mustang catching up to us at a light, and taking the shoulder to turn right. I see he's on slicks/skinnies, so I decide to follow him. I pull up to him, and throw him a rev, he revs back and I hear him purge. I thought to myself, cool this should be interesting. So I roll down my window and ask him if he's game, he makes a signal to follow him, so we drive to a deserted road.

We come to a complete stop (no cars around), and we rev up, I give the three honks and we both get a pretty even start. He gets a very slight jump on me, about 1/2 a car, I would have expected him to get the hole shot, but he didn't. By the end of 1st, I have 1 1/2 cars on him, then 2nd goes by, and I put another 1 1/2 cars or so. By the top of 3rd, I had a solid 5 cars on him and that's when I hit the brakes.

We pull over and talk a while, him and his buddy get out of the car. He tells me his mods, which are long tubes, exhaust, pullies, timing adjuster, CAI, 4.10's, and a 125 shot of nitrous. He also said his clutch was slipping a bit, due to the slicks. The GT ('99+) apparently ran a 13.2 N/A, and they hadn't done any nitrous runs due to the clutch. I let them know my mods, and they didn't seem too surprised once I told them about my cam. The driver said, he could hear it as soon as we lined up, and he figured he had his hands full. They seemed like really cool guys looking for a race. These are the best races, when the opponent isn't a ***** whether they win or lose.
Old 02-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Launching!

nice kill... gotta love a good race. btw nice car.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:54 AM
On The Tree

Good kill. What kind of numbers are you running with that cam? I am trying to decide what cam to go with but I'm not sure about a 112 due to streetability. (My daily driver) But I want good power obviously.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:59 AM
TECH Regular

Being you were from TX I actually thought it was me when I first started reading your thread, lol. Low 13s na sounds pretty accurate with his mods. One thing that bugs the hell outta me is when people act like asses after a race, win or lose. You'd think sometimes that they just found out you banged their sister.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Addict

viper1: I put down 376/376 before the intake and duals. The cam on a 112 isn't bad at all really, especially in my M6. Since you have an A4 though, I'd probably go with the 114 lsa for better driveability in your DD.

LS2 KLR: That looks like a very strong running GT you have there. I would have been seeing taillights had it been you I was running.

Thanks for the compliment scifone.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Krab
viper1: I put down 376/376 before the intake and duals. The cam on a 112 isn't bad at all really, especially in my M6. Since you have an A4 though, I'd probably go with the 114 lsa for better driveability in your DD.

LS2 KLR: That looks like a very strong running GT you have there. I would have been seeing taillights had it been you I was running.

Thanks for the compliment scifone.

Your car is definately real strong. I'm suppose to be picking up my car today from having heads installed and found out when they had it apart that my cams were advanced incorrectly and the whole time my valves have been hitting my pistons Hopefully it'll make some good power this time
Old 02-25-2005, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Good race! That's the way it should go, period. Don't you wish everyone did like he did. What does your's run at the track? Yours looks very similar to mine except for gears.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Redlinez
Good race! That's the way it should go, period. Don't you wish everyone did like he did. What does your's run at the track? Yours looks very similar to mine except for gears.
I ran a 12.4 @ 114.xx before the intake and duals. I only made a few runs before my 10-bolt and driveshaft let go though. I'm hoping for a low 12 run, or maybe even break in the 11's with some practice and after my 12-bolt goes in.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Staging Lane

good run....
Old 02-25-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good run. Gotta love those kinds of races.