Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting bottle

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mounting bottle

What are the drawbacks of placing the bottle between the back two seats? Is there any? Where do most people run the nitrous line when the bottle is here? Under the back seat into the rubber grommet, then run it along the brake lines? Give me some feed back on different setups. Pics if you have them. Thanks
Old 02-28-2005, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

There's no drawbacks to mounting it there other than losing a little seat space.... Most people that mount their bottle there run the nitrous line through the car..... I know I did....
Old 02-28-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Where did you run the lines through the car? I'm not worried about loosing any space back there. I would like it there because it would save me 250 bucks on a remote bottle opener. Did you run the line under the middle console and then to the rubber grommet under the PCM? Thanks
Old 03-01-2005, 12:26 AM
10 Second Club

I ran mine through the rubber grommet by the PCM but may change that and have it run outside the car.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you mount it between the seats you can run the feed line two ways.
1.You can run it behind the rear seat though the panel under the kick panel and come into the engine bay through the main wiring harness garment.

2.Or you can run it under your ceter console under the carpet through the main wiring harness gament into the engine bay.
Dave
Old 03-01-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ive heard of a few people saying you shouldn't run it through the car. It seems that running it "in car" would be the easiest thing to do. Is it really not safe? Also, has anyone ever heard of nitrous bottles or lines leaking? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to get nitrous in the next 6 months or so. I'm just asking some questions that I've never had the answer to. thanks
Old 03-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by setxws6
Ive heard of a few people saying you shouldn't run it through the car. It seems that running it "in car" would be the easiest thing to do. Is it really not safe? Also, has anyone ever heard of nitrous bottles or lines leaking? Sorry for all the questions, but I want to get nitrous in the next 6 months or so. I'm just asking some questions that I've never had the answer to. thanks

if the line develops a leak it will make a VERY loud hissing sound. can't miss it.

i had my line running through the inside.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Are you guys running blow down tubes with them mounted in the car? I know NHRA requires it Just started installing mine and I am going between the seats withe the line running under the car. Thanks for the input
Old 03-02-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RAC 4 FUN
Are you guys running blow down tubes with them mounted in the car? I know NHRA requires it Just started installing mine and I am going between the seats withe the line running under the car. Thanks for the input
Pretty sure NHRA requires you have a blow down tube if it's in the car
Old 03-03-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here are a few pics I've gathered on where some place their bottles and the blowdown tube.
Attached Thumbnails Mounting bottle-bottle2.jpg   Mounting bottle-bottle3.jpg   Mounting bottle-bottle6.jpg