Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zaino pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino pics

Well I have been waiting for 3 weeks for the weather to clear up so I could finally use my Zaino. It finally cleared up just long enough for me to wash, clay, wash, and dry the car. Then it started raining again so I just applied all the Zaino in my garage. This is the first time I have ever used Zaino and feel that I could have done a better job. But this will do until I get my pc and Menzerna.

Zaino:

Pics after 3 coats of Z5 swirl remover:

Pics two days later after 3 coats of Z2 pro:

Sorry went a little pic crazy.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Launching!

Your car looks great. I thought about trying Zaino myself. Was it very hard to use?
Old 03-02-2005, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

No, its actually one of the easiest products that I have used when it comes to buffing off. It just takes awhile because you do it all by hand and do multiple coats. Smells awesome though.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks really good, although the pics kind of suck. I love Zaino, but I'm probably going to try something more easily accessible when I get back.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

looks awesome! good job
Old 03-02-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JackZ28
That looks really good, although the pics kind of suck. I love Zaino, but I'm probably going to try something more easily accessible when I get back.
My buddy swears by this stuff
SMP Detailing Products. Uses the Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Poorboys EX-P and then the microfiber towels. He's used Zaino and Mezerna, and says this stuff is the best he's ever used especially for hand detailing.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

i need to get sum of dat stuff.................

nice pix
Old 03-02-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, I have to wait 3 more weeks before I can Zaino my car (I got the stuff). After seeing your pictures, I want to do it now!

I put Zaino on like a year ago, but I haven't kept it up. My advice: apply a coat every now and then to keep it looking good. You don't want to have to repeat the whole process like I'm going to have to do.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
My buddy swears by this stuff
SMP Detailing Products. Uses the Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, Poorboys EX-P and then the microfiber towels. He's used Zaino and Mezerna, and says this stuff is the best he's ever used especially for hand detailing.
To the original poster: those look very typical for Zaino results, which is very nice. I can easily see why it has such a following...

And to you, I will say that Vanilla Moose and the Poorboy's line of products are VERY good. I too have used Zanio and Menzerna, but those products are what I use now. The Poorboy's stuff, IMO, works just as well, if not a bit better than Menzerna, but cleanup is a little more tedious with the Poorboy's stuff. Vanilla Moose on the other hand...wow. That has to be one of the easiest products I've worked with...ever. It can be used in direct sunlight, just like the Poorboy's stuff, which is great for guys like me with no garage.

Poorboy's sealant appears to work well, although I like the look of Blackfire slightly better on my black car. That's just my humble opinion...car detailing is like that though.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:35 AM
On The Tree

Zaino def rocks..... easy to put on and even easier to take off.....
Here is my SS after 3 coats of Zaino..... I mixed Z2 with ZFX and the swirl remover polish in a 2oz bottle....got 3 coats out if it =)

http://camaross.us/ipw-web/gallery/Zaino-x3

-PewterSS
Old 03-03-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Regular

I hear all types of negative comments on Zaino and the following it gets. It seems to look great on Black paints. I have an 01 trans am that is black and I am looking at different kits. I really like the package Zaino has to offer. Any more feedback to those who use it on black. I also would be doing this by hand for a bit until I can afford a pc. Is this a good product to use by hand? I'm looking for a kit that is polish, wax, sealant, the norm. I also see that some people use a sealant and not a wax. Almost like a wash, polish, sealant type of regimine. I thought it was cleaner, polish, sealant, then a topper. Please give me some guidance and suggestions.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

Looks real good! I have Zaino and love it!
Old 03-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by mc01ta
I hear all types of negative comments on Zaino and the following it gets. It seems to look great on Black paints. I have an 01 trans am that is black and I am looking at different kits. I really like the package Zaino has to offer. Any more feedback to those who use it on black. I also would be doing this by hand for a bit until I can afford a pc. Is this a good product to use by hand? I'm looking for a kit that is polish, wax, sealant, the norm. I also see that some people use a sealant and not a wax. Almost like a wash, polish, sealant type of regimine. I thought it was cleaner, polish, sealant, then a topper. Please give me some guidance and suggestions.
The negative comments probably have something to do with some Zaino users that are not open to the idea of trying different products. I have seen some people that will tout Zaino as the end-all, be-all product, and say it is better than anything out there when they haven't even tried any other high-end product.

I'd recommend you go dig around on Autopia.org and do some reading...some people use sealants, some people use waxes, some people use both. Carnuba waxes are not created equal, and there are some out there that look better than products like Zaino, but it is of course all in the eye of the beholder.

I've been happy with everything I've tried so far, but for now, I'm sticking with Poorboy's polishes (applied via PC 7424), Vanilla Moose glaze (made by Clearkote), and either Poorboy's EX or Blackfire for my sealant. I have P21S, but I don't use it much. And for washing, I don't even use soap. I use Quick and Easy wash becuase I get better results with it, and it is easier for me to use. Detailing spray? Clearkote's Quick Shine...it is damn near as slick as Z6, but works with other sealants.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Once the damn spring comes to Jersey, my plan of attack is

Poorboys SS2.5, SSR1, Klasse AIO, Z2 pro, and lots of Z6.....I really can't wait anymore, this freezing weather is driving me nuts!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

thats what i was looking for, thanks for the recommendations. Again my paint is black and the condition is fair. I will def have to clay and polish. Right now I don't have a pc and might have to find a forgiving hand polish that is a little abrasive. Then I can seal it and top it. Basically I want someone to tell me what to buy! SOunds crazy but I'm serious, there is too many choices and options. If you had a black 2001 trans am with fair paint condition, what would you do/use? Then I will leave this topic alone, thanks for the help! I'm sooooooo tired of searching.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

thats what i was looking for, thanks for the recommendations. Again my paint is black and the condition is fair. I will def have to clay and polish. Right now I don't have a pc and might have to find a forgiving hand polish that is a little abrasive. Then I can seal it and top it. Basically I want someone to tell me what to buy! SOunds crazy but I'm serious, there is too many choices and options. If you had a black 2001 trans am with fair paint condition, what would you do/use? Then I will leave this topic alone, thanks for the help! I'm sooooooo tired of searching.
Well your gonna get different opinions on whats best from a number of different people....but rest assured whatever you do, as long as your do it right it will come out incredible.

So here is my advice to you. Get out your credit card and don't look back cause it adds up real quick.
Here is a list of some stuff I bought, and trust me I bought the bare minimums to achieve an awesome look.

#1 Porter Cable 7336 (buy it at lowes for $100, search the internet for a 10% coupon)
#2 Polishing pads for the PC7336 and backing plate. Couple of good companies out there, I am using Sonus DAS pads and Lake Country. Heres a link to the Sonus DAS kit. Throw in an green pad at least http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/son-daspad-kit.html
#3 Clay Bar. All pretty much the same, locally you can find Clay Magic
#4 Polishes. Again a bunch of good companies out there, I have selected Poorboys SSR line of polishes because they work well with Zaino. I have SSR 2.5 and 1....a good place to buy it is at www.premiumautocare.com
#5 Sealant. Again your going to get different opinions on this, but I would recommend Zaino Z2 pro, with ZFX
#6 Quick Detailer. If your going with Zaino, then Zaino Z6
#7 Microfiber polishing cloths. Bunch of good companies as well, Pakshak apparently has the best, I went with winners circle because they are inexpensive but offer great quality
#8 Wash mitts, some nice, thick wash mitts. Walmart and Target carry ones for a good value, just pick out the thickest and longest
#9 shampoo, Zaino Z7
#10 Drying. Microfiber waffle weaves also can be found at winners circle

Then you can forget the interior and wheels and tires. Zaino Z10 is great on leather, Z16 is great on tires, Stoners Invisible glass for windows, Eagle One A2Z for wheels, Poorboys Natural Look for interior dressing....few other products I have left out I am sure, but thats a good start
Old 03-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Ooooooooooooo...someone mentioned drying. Almost forgot...the next best purchase for my paint (behind the PC 7424 of course) was my electric leaf blower. That and one microfiber towel will take care of all of your drying needs. Neighbors will think you're nuts too
Old 03-04-2005, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

Is the poorboys good polish to use by hand? Do I need both the SSR 2.5 and 1? Which of those do I use first? I know I want to use Z2Pro, do I need to get any other zaino products to use with it for it to work correctly? What about car wash, since i'm using Z2 do I need to get the zaino wash? thanks for all the help. I'm really liking the idea of the poorboy's polish and zaino sealant. I hope this will look good on black. Also how do I keep this up when i'm done besides regular washing and Z6?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I honestly don't know how well Poorboy's polishes work by hand, but I'd think you'd have better luck looking for a polish that was designed to be used by hand. This stuff really wasn't...not to say that it can't be done though.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Is the poorboys good polish to use by hand? Do I need both the SSR 2.5 and 1? Which of those do I use first? I know I want to use Z2Pro, do I need to get any other zaino products to use with it for it to work correctly? What about car wash, since i'm using Z2 do I need to get the zaino wash? thanks for all the help. I'm really liking the idea of the poorboy's polish and zaino sealant. I hope this will look good on black. Also how do I keep this up when i'm done besides regular washing and Z6?
I'm sure you could use the PB polishes by hand, probably just won't be as effective. SSR 2.5 is more abrasive and will work away defects quicker than SSR1....If your car is in good condition then you could probably just go SSR1, but if there are bigger swirl marks and other defects then go SSR 2.5 and go over it again with SSR1.....Kind of like sandpaper, get the crap off with like 1000 grit, then work it to perfection with a higher grit like 2000 and so on.

When using Z2Pro, its recommended that on the 1st application you use ZFX mixed in with the Z2Pro. Z7 is a great car wash, very slick so I recommend it...Z6 is also a great quick detailer and also very slick....Not sure if you could use other washes and quick detailers with it, but Zaino makes some good stuff and is certainly worth it