View Full Version : Lt-1 Vs. Ls-what?

jaredwayt
03-03-2005, 12:05 AM
ok, check this out.i went to a meet /car show where a bunch of f-body boys hang out down here in tampa, and i rolled up in my stone stock 1996 camaro SS.big deal right?apparently not, i got to talking with a few guys and we lined up a couple races.this kid in a 2000 t/a was talking some serious crap about how inferrior the lt1 was, well he was about to find out.he was a a4 with a slp lid.bellow and a set of loudmouth.keep in mind my car is stone stock with some bald ass good-years.so i wanted to race from atleast a 1st gear roll, so he gave me the hit, and not to my amaze i started pulling gradually to about 120.at the end i has a good 2-3 cars on him.every body swore up and down that i had nitrous or somthing, yea, i wished!so a pretty quick car wanted to race me, i know the guy pretty well, but i never race my car so we was all over me when i got out there.it was on 02 ws6 m6 with pretty much the same mods but w/ a slp maf.we went from a 1st gear roll, my tires grabbed alright but still spun pretty good, we got to where i just shifted into fourth gear and hit the brakes b/c of traffic, he put an honest car on me.he was very impressed, and even said "good race"kind of suprised.i then took my baby home, shes not used to seeing that kind of abuse.well thats pretty much it, it just goes to show you how potent the lt1 engine can be in stock trim with low miles and the world's self-proclaimed greatest driver! :drive: not a bad night for those inferrior lt1's huh.

hugger1975
03-03-2005, 12:16 AM
good kill,
but i would be lyin if i id did not state i am surprised.

my lt1 was no where near as fast as my ls1.

jaredwayt
03-03-2005, 12:35 AM
not half as suprised as the guy in the ls1!

Gloveperson
03-03-2005, 12:53 AM
good kill,
but i would be lyin if i id did not state i am surprised.

my lt1 was no where near as fast as my ls1.

Same here.

Good kill though :judge:

Formula-T/A
03-03-2005, 12:58 AM
No Shit :stupid: .well done

x phantom x
03-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Yeahhhhh, this one's slightly hard to believe.

My 97 WS6 was slow as balls compared to my stock 99 ws6. And a full second difference between the two in the quarter is a lot of car lengths on the street ....

I'm just not sure what the "Ls-what" means? ... and the fact that you actually have "8URLS1" on your license plate kind of leads me to call BS on your entire life.

Stock LT1 beating a light bolt-on LS1 is definately a long shot .... I could see it happening a race or two (if the LS1 had a 40kt headwind, and the LT1 had a 40kt tailwind somehow), but to have it on your license plate is pure ignorance, and sounds like something a 15 second honda would have as it's plate.

Anyways, why are you "LOOKING FOR AN LS1" when you have the LS1 eater LT1??

eh. :eyes:

Nate_Taufer
03-03-2005, 05:48 AM
:bs:

Nate

greentahoe
03-03-2005, 09:13 AM

My 97 WS6 was slow as balls compared to my stock 99 ws6. And a full second difference between the two in the quarter is a lot of car lengths on the street ....

I'm just not sure what the "Ls-what" means? ... and the fact that you actually have "8URLS1" on your license plate kind of leads me to call BS on your entire life.

Stock LT1 beating a light bolt-on LS1 is definately a long shot .... I could see it happening a race or two (if the LS1 had a 40kt headwind, and the LT1 had a 40kt tailwind somehow), but to have it on your license plate is pure ignorance, and sounds like something a 15 second honda would have as it's plate.

:werd: My 95 LT1 didnt do much of anything below 60 roll. It was a dog out of the hole and had a converter, cam, and headers.
BTW where in Tampa was this?
and i rolled up in my stone stock 1996 camaro SS
Now come on man. I didnt see this. :argh:

~JOSHUA
03-03-2005, 10:40 AM
:hail: My '02 'Hawk....... My '94 Full bolt on Formula= :bang: Needs more oats.

METALBEAST
03-03-2005, 02:53 PM

Talk about a hater :jest: ;)

x phantom x
03-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Talk about a hater :jest: ;)

Haha, not at all. I loved my old LT1 .... but having owned both cars, I am well are of the differences between the two. I raced plenty of LS1's in my LT1, and plenty of LT1's in my LS1, and honestly, there is a significant difference between the two.

The sarcasm in my post was directed at his silly attitude, rather then the fact that he was saying his stock LT1 beat a light bolt-on LS1.

"... and not to my amaze i started pulling gradually to about 120.at the end i has a good 2-3 cars on him"

And not to your amaze .... what a tool. :jest:

Skarecrow
03-03-2005, 05:21 PM
A couple months ago I raced a 96/97 WS6 TA that seemed to only have exhaust, in my 100% stock underachieving (check the 1/4 mile times) TA, and he put exactly 0 cars on me from a 60 roll up to 140mph. He started out 7 or 8 cars ahead and he was still 7 or 8 cars ahead when we started coming up on traffic. Modded LT1 paces even with a stock (weak) LS1.

So yeah, You either ran into the world's worst LS1 (I mean it's an A4, you can't even blame it on the driver!), You have the strongest LT1 GM ever produced, or there is something fishy going on here.

tomaSS
03-03-2005, 05:31 PM
My 96 TA was a dog. Did not even compare to my 00 SS.

Good kill, BTW. :cheers:

METALBEAST
03-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Haha, not at all. I loved my old LT1 .... but having owned both cars, I am well are of the differences between the two. I raced plenty of LS1's in my LT1, and plenty of LT1's in my LS1, and honestly, there is a significant difference between the two.

The sarcasm in my post was directed at his silly attitude, rather then the fact that he was saying his stock LT1 beat a light bolt-on LS1.

"... and not to my amaze i started pulling gradually to about 120.at the end i has a good 2-3 cars on him"

And not to your amaze .... what a tool. :jest:

Just screwing with ya :chug:

Vendetta
03-03-2005, 05:48 PM
and a set of loudmouth

Can you go in to detail and explain to us what exactly is a set of loudmouth. Thanks.

KCamaro
03-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Just how the hell much hit did he give you? At a first gear roll an a4 ls1 will drop right into a killer downshift. My a4 has loud mouth and an slp lid. So thats both mods you mentioned, the only lt1 I've raced I gave the jump to and reeled past him before the car shifted gears...

deetsnai
03-03-2005, 06:40 PM
this story is such bs

jaredwayt
03-03-2005, 06:43 PM
xphantomws6x
TECH Junkie"I'm just not sure what the "Ls-what" means? ... and the fact that you actually have "8URLS1" on your license plate kind of leads me to call BS on your entire life."

i said ls-what b/c my syock ass 96' camaro ss beat the allmighty ls1, 8urls1 is not accually on my liscence plate, its an old screen name.and yes im looking for a ls1 to mod b/c there where very few of my cars made unlike your ws6 asc#20937.

enisguy
"Can you go in to detail and explain to us what exactly is a set of loudmouth. Thanks"

well i reffered to it as a set b/c if you combine all the pieces of the system toger, you have a set.sorry for being southern, ya damb yankees.

kcamaro-we went from my hit on a third honk.

Vendetta
03-03-2005, 06:54 PM
enisguy
"Can you go in to detail and explain to us what exactly is a set of loudmouth. Thanks"

well i reffered to it as a set b/c if you combine all the pieces of the system toger, you have a set.sorry for being southern, ya damb yankees.

Always gotta make it into a north vs south thing, don't ya.

I know a ton of southern people who can spell and construct sentences without sounding like a fucking 5 year old, you must be one of those mountain hicks or something. How'd you get your hands on a computer?

00Z28 Camaro
03-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Were in tampa ?

Diolar Magnum
03-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Always gotta make it into a north vs south thing, don't ya.

I know a ton of southern people who can spell and construct sentences without sounding like a fucking 5 year old, you must be one of those mountain hicks or something. How'd you get your hands on a computer?

yikes man it's all good, don't get all crazy on him! I'll lend you my car if you want, I know you're probably in F-Body withdrawl at this point. I definetely would be. How's your WRX doin'?

anyways :cheers:

Brad

jaredwayt
03-03-2005, 09:39 PM
i was just kiddind around, no harm was intended.i honestly apoligize man.

fwiw i was born and raised in florida.

tampa florida

jaredwayt
03-03-2005, 09:41 PM
oo'z.....new tampa bruce b. downs

SOM98TA
03-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Gonna have to call :bs: on this one....

I'm in tampa alot and I'm pretty sure I would have heard about this via www.tamparacing.com

theres no way that happened unless theres something your not telling us about...

LT1's are dawgs compared to LS1's from all of my experiences (stock to stock)

prove me wrong you wont! :jest:

hugger1975
03-03-2005, 09:59 PM
:jest: at this thread.

and let me restate i loved my lt1.
but my ls1 was a full second quicker in the 1/4 stock.

so............something aint right

x phantom x
03-04-2005, 01:09 AM
xphantomws6x
TECH Junkie"I'm just not sure what the "Ls-what" means? ... and the fact that you actually have "8URLS1" on your license plate kind of leads me to call BS on your entire life."

i said ls-what b/c my syock ass 96' camaro ss beat the allmighty ls1, 8urls1 is not accually on my liscence plate, its an old screen name.and yes im looking for a ls1 to mod b/c there where very few of my cars made unlike your ws6 asc#20937.

I guess this makes sense to someone who has a 70 IQ ... but it's way Under my head.

a. Your stock ass 96 camaro ss, with "bald-ass tires" DIDN'T beat a I/E LS1 ... which was agree'd on by pretty much everyone who has chimed in here, including the LT1 owners.

b. You're looking for an LS1 because your car is rare??? You mean there is more to your LT1 SS than a slightly different intake/exhaust/suspension ... which would account for a barely noticable difference on the dyno??? Do you have a SPEDcial edition that is harder to get parts for then a standard LT1???? If anything, I would think people would sell their LS1 to get an LT1 if they were planning on modding it, since the aftermarket is much more expansive and so much cheaper.

c. Yeah, you're right ... the 2,500 96 SS's that were produced make it extremely rare compared to the 3,300 or so 1999 WS6's that were manufactured .... Nice job. Not to mention that your car, unlike most of the LT1's on this board, is just Another 14 second bone-stock LT1 ..... nothing at all would set it apart from those other 2,500 cars, except maybe that is has a dumbass driving it.
:eyes: :jest:

1 BLOWN V8
03-04-2005, 01:38 AM
a. Your stock ass 96 camaro ss, with "bald-ass tires" DIDN'T beat a I/E LS1 ... which was agree'd on by pretty much everyone who has chimed in here, including the LT1 owners.

:metoo:
You where spining the tires and him having a auto and stock he would have hooked hard and been gone. So you are saying with him hooking and you spining you stayed right with him. WOW

x phantom x
03-04-2005, 03:10 AM
:metoo:
You where spining the tires and him having a auto and stock he would have hooked hard and been gone. So you are saying with him hooking and you spining you stayed right with him. WOW

He not only stayed with him, he put a good 2-3 cars on the LS1 by 120 .... :judge:

1 BLOWN V8
03-04-2005, 03:38 AM
He not only stayed with him, he put a good 2-3 cars on the LS1 by 120 .... :judge:

I missed that thanks. I am traiding in my 02 LS1 right now for a LT1. NOT!
Thinking about it, maybe he is not lying. It could have been a V-6 with Z-28/Trans-am badges that would make sense right.

jaredwayt
03-04-2005, 09:12 AM
i think this is somewhat comical, everybody wants to get into such a deep argument implementing name calling, which is uncalled for, i simply posted this thread to let everybody know what happend that night, and i dont post on tampa-racing b/c i dont like the 99% of ricers on that site, and every body talks crap on that site.im not talking crap, if any body including STANG2481 wants to come out and watch for their own eyes ill go out their again, on wednesday night at target on BBD.

KCamaro
03-04-2005, 01:22 PM
i think this is somewhat comical, everybody wants to get into such a deep argument implementing name calling, which is uncalled for, i simply posted this thread to let everybody know what happend that night, and i dont post on tampa-racing b/c i dont like the 99% of ricers on that site, and every body talks crap on that site.im not talking crap, if any body including STANG2481 wants to come out and watch for their own eyes ill go out their again, on wednesday night at target on BBD.

The bottom line is none of us believe you. None of us are going to believe you whatever you say next. None of us are dumb enough to believe that your m6 LT1 especially with bald tires you have a prayer against a stock a4 ls1 from a roll. For him it would have been "fire and forget."

WhiteTXMach
03-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Somebody should go back elementary school and learn proper english, spelling, grammer, punctuation, and anything else learned at that time in your life.

AOC
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
grammer...

Grammar. ;)

02BlueFormula
03-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Somebody should go back elementary school and learn proper english, spelling, grammer, punctuation, and anything else learned at that time in your life.

And look at this first line does it make any sence?

Somebody should go back elementary school

LSONE
03-04-2005, 02:16 PM

i'll run you, but my car isnt stock :devil:

GuitsBoy
03-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Either it was a badged v6, or the car had a couple of missing sparkplug wires...

WhiteTXMach
03-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Grammar. ;)

:jest:
Typing too fast at work owns me.

02Blue, no you dont make any sense.

02BlueFormula
03-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I make perfect sence you put somebody should go back elemetary school you need to put a to in between back and elementary.

When you tell someone they should go back to school. You should re-read your post and make sure you did not mess up and make yourself look like a fool.

WhiteTXMach
03-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I make perfect sence you put somebody should go back elemetary school you need to put a to in between back and elementary.

When you tell someone they should go back to school. You should re-read your post and make sure you did not mess up and make yourself look like a fool.

Again, typing too fast at work owned me, big deal. You got the point, its not my fault your anal retentive.

x phantom x
03-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Again, typing too fast at work owned me, big deal. You got the point, its not my fault your anal retentive.

haha You guys are retarded. :)

lock down
03-04-2005, 06:27 PM
maybe if the guys that you beat were to post in here and tell us their side of the story.

Shackleford
03-04-2005, 06:29 PM
A few weekends ago, I raced a LS1 Firehawk. We started from around 70ish. I actually stayed with him until around 90ish. After that, he put several cars on me within a matter of few seconds. It was absurd how badly and QUICKLY he walked my ass. I shut down probably about 110 or so. He definitely got up to 140ish. Yeah. I want a fucking LS1.

~JOSHUA
03-04-2005, 06:33 PM
A few weekends ago, I raced a LS1 Firehawk. We started from around 70ish. I actually stayed with him until around 90ish. After that, he put several cars on me within a matter of few seconds. It was absurd how badly and QUICKLY he walked my ass. I shut down probably about 110 or so. He definitely got up to 140ish. Yeah. I want a fucking LS1.
That's what I thought the first time I raced an LS1 with my modded LT1. :hail:

Shackleford
03-04-2005, 06:42 PM
That's what I thought the first time I raced an LS1 with my modded LT1. :hail:

Yeah, I am going to install a used Magnaflow catback system in a couple weeks. That will give me a few more horses and make the car accelerate just a little bit faster. Ha.

hugger1975
03-04-2005, 08:46 PM

omg!!!!!!!!!!

After your long statement complaining about "grammer" you owned
yourself by not typing a perfectly phrased sentence, then defend yourself by calling the correcting poster "anal".............. :huh:

Shackleford
03-04-2005, 10:28 PM
omg!!!!!!!!!!

After your long statement complaining about "grammer" you owned
yourself by not typing a perfectly phrased sentence, then defend yourself by calling the correcting poster "anal".............. :huh:

*grammar

x phantom x
03-05-2005, 01:49 AM

haha, after consistantly getting my ass handed to me by LS1's just like you described .... thats exactly why I got rid of my old 97 ws6 (same as this kids SS) to get an LS1 .... and 100% why I call BS to this story.

METALBEAST
03-05-2005, 02:07 AM
5-2 versus LSXs in the Vette (lost to Stock C5 when I was stock and a modded Z06 last year;) ) No losses in the Z (but no wins either :) ) Love my LT1s.... :hail:

BUT story just doesn't sound right. I can see a stock LT1 M6 hanging with a stock LS1 A4 especially w/2.73s, but I highly doubt one will put 2-3 cars on a modded one at that speed. Just my $0.02 :)

jaredwayt
03-05-2005, 12:22 PM
allright, at least hear me out, im not trying to argue or anything at all, i never said i dislike ls1's, i really do like them, thats why i want one obvisuoly.all b.s. aside you dont think its possible for a 1996 camaro ss 6 speed, stock putting down 275-ish to the wheels, plus intake and exhaust, with a 3.42 gear, couldnt hang with a automatic basically stock t/a that weighs more, and puts down relatively the same number to the wheels?i clearly dont see why not.my car will run 13.3-4, no doubt, and ive seen several ls1's especially early auto. models go into the high 13's even 14's.i will see if they will register to post and tell you what happend, i just want to know why this is such a big deal that everybody thinks lt1's are so slow.honestly, has any ls1 guys in here while there car was stock race a lt1?chances are yes, but more than likely the car was owned by a 16 year old and it probally was a 1993 auto with 180k on the clock, and from that point on you got a bad perception of lt1's by the get go.but have any of you honestly raced an extremely low mile, perfect running car ss car m6, with a pretty good driver.from a first gear roll lt1's are pretty strong b/c they make good torque at such a low rpm, so that will benefit from a first gear roll, now granted i was spinning the tires, but i know how to drive my car and if you play with it it will hook.is it honestly so impossible to believe?

METALBEAST
03-05-2005, 12:57 PM
allright, at least hear me out, im not trying to argue or anything at all, i never said i dislike ls1's, i really do like them, thats why i want one obvisuoly.all b.s. aside you dont think its possible for a 1996 camaro ss 6 speed, stock putting down 275-ish to the wheels, plus intake and exhaust, with a 3.42 gear, couldnt hang with a automatic basically stock t/a that weighs more, and puts down relatively the same number to the wheels?i clearly dont see why not.my car will run 13.3-4, no doubt, and ive seen several ls1's especially early auto. models go into the high 13's even 14's.i will see if they will register to post and tell you what happend, i just want to know why this is such a big deal that everybody thinks lt1's are so slow.honestly, has any ls1 guys in here while there car was stock race a lt1?chances are yes, but more than likely the car was owned by a 16 year old and it probally was a 1993 auto with 180k on the clock, and from that point on you got a bad perception of lt1's by the get go.but have any of you honestly raced an extremely low mile, perfect running car ss car m6, with a pretty good driver.from a first gear roll lt1's are pretty strong b/c they make good torque at such a low rpm, so that will benefit from a first gear roll, now granted i was spinning the tires, but i know how to drive my car and if you play with it it will hook.is it honestly so impossible to believe?

Hold on! Back up you said your SS was stock? Exhaust and CAI is by no means "stock".

ok, check this out.i went to a meet /car show where a bunch of f-body boys hang out down here in tampa, and i rolled up in my stone stock 1996 camaro SS.

x phantom x
03-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Just Posted:
….. its possible for a 1996 camaro ss 6 speed, stock putting down 275-ish to the wheels, plus intake and exhaust, with a 3.42 gear, couldnt hang with a automatic basically stock t/a that weighs more, and puts down relatively the same number to the wheels?

First Post:
he (the 2000 ta he raced) was a a4 with a slp lid.bellow and a set of loudmouth .keep in mind my car is stone stock with some bald ass good-years.

There it is! The standard “oh shit, they’re calling BS on my story, I better add more mods to my car and remove mods from the other persons car” …. PWND.

GuitsBoy
03-05-2005, 01:10 PM
There it is! The standard “oh shit, they’re calling BS on my story, I better add more mods to my car and remove mods from the other persons car” …. PWND.

x phantom x
03-05-2005, 01:10 PM
....for a 1996 camaro ss 6 speed, stock putting down 275-ish to the wheels, plus intake and exhaust, with a 3.42 gear, couldnt hang with a automatic basically stock t/a that weighs more, and puts down relatively the same number to the wheels? i clearly dont see why not.my car will run 13.3-4, no doubt, and ive seen several ls1's especially early auto. models go into the high 13's even 14's.

My WS6 put down 309hp to the wheels (that would be right around 350fwhp) with only a lid ... my old LT1 was in the 250rwhp range if I remember correctly (which would put it around 280fwhp). I would say a 70 hp difference is no where near the same number ... it's the same difference between you an a 80's camaro (with their 180hp) ... and we all know how fast they were.

P.S. You're using the the advertised HP (275), which is your Fwhp, NOT RWHP. Please, just stop trying.

.....honestly, has any ls1 guys in here while there car was stock race a lt1?chances are yes, but more than likely the car was owned by a 16 year old and it probally was a 1993 auto with 180k on the clock, and from that point on you got a bad perception of lt1's ......

Hey, for the 9th time, I OWNED AN 97 WS6 LT1. It had 32,000 miles on it when I purchased it, and left me at 60,000 miles. I had intake, exhaust, tuning, and 3:73's .... all of that put together seemed to put me on a somewhat even playing field with LS1's. I would never really win, but I could hang, or would only lose by a car or two.

jaredwayt
03-05-2005, 01:37 PM
my car comes with intake and exhaust its an SS, rated at 310 hp, not 275, and i will guarentee my car will put down 275 wheel, yes WHEEL.ok your car put down 309 to the wheels with a lid and it a ws.6 and probally a m6, and what year is it?is it a early model auto?a lid isnt stock.if you would like i will show you numerous posts on many sites where lt1' put down 275 stock, and ls1 auto's do the same if not less at a higher rpm.sorry brother, numbers dont lie......

METALBEAST
03-05-2005, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=xphantomws6x]My WS6 put down 309hp to the wheels (that would be right around 350fwhp) with only a lid ... my old LT1 was in the 250rwhp range if I remember correctly (which would put it around 280fwhp). I would say a 70 hp difference is no where near the same number ... it's the same difference between you an a 80's camaro (with their 180hp) ... and we all know how fast they were.

:offtopic:

I would definately not compare the difference between an LT1 and LS1 with that of an LT1 and an 80s model. 250-260 RWHP equates to more like 300 FWHP. Sorry that just hit a nerve man. :chug:

At any rate 275 RWHP is a bit of a stretch on an M6 LT1. The last few I have read or seen in mags have been putting down 260ish RWHP which is still about 30-40 less stock for stock vs an LS1. And the "exhaust and CAI" on the SS doesn't amount to enough to take a modded LS1 like you said. Please quit bouncing around with your stories.

1ScrudeDude
03-05-2005, 02:24 PM
And look at this first line does it make any sence?

sense.

BTW, I had 2 LT1's before my present 98 LS1. Ain't no way a slightly modded LS1 loses to a stock LT1. Unless there was something wrong with the car and an orangutan was behind the wheel.

x phantom x
03-05-2005, 11:03 PM
:offtopic:

I would definately not compare the difference between an LT1 and LS1 with that of an LT1 and an 80s model. 250-260 RWHP equates to more like 300 FWHP. Sorry that just hit a nerve man. :chug:

At any rate 275 RWHP is a bit of a stretch on an M6 LT1. The last few I have read or seen in mags have been putting down 260ish RWHP which is still about 30-40 less stock for stock vs an LS1. And the "exhaust and CAI" on the SS doesn't amount to enough to take a modded LS1 like you said. Please quit bouncing around with your stories.

Actually, No, it was not off topic .... Try rereading his post then mine. He is stating He puts down 275 to the wheels. BS. 275rwhp is a HUGE stretch for a stock LT1. I am sorry but this guy is retarded.

His stock SS includes a slightly upgraded intake and exhaust ... it is by NO means equivillent to an aftermarket system. Every stock LT1 I know have has dyno'd in the 235-265 range, the higher part of that range being the WS6/SS models. Stock LS1's dyno in the 280-315 rwhp range, which is a good average of 50rwhp higher ... (about the same difference of an LT1 and a 80's f-bod....which is what I was saying before, Metalbeast.)

Also, comparing an auto LS1 to a manual LT1 is benchracing at its very finest. Autos have a much higher drivetrain loss then an M6 would, so obviously they will dyno lower ... but it is made up for in the lack of shifts, and swiftness of shifts. Why do you think most 10 second and lower cars are Auto's????

Bottom line here, is this story is BS. A slow roll would have the auto LS1 drop to its sweet ass first gear, and while you sat and spun your tires he would hook right up and proceed to put buslengths on you.

METALBEAST
03-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Actually, No, it was not off topic .... Try rereading his post then mine. He is stating He puts down 275 to the wheels. BS. 275rwhp is a HUGE stretch for a stock LT1. I am sorry but this guy is retarded.

His stock SS includes a slightly upgraded intake and exhaust ... it is by NO means equivillent to an aftermarket system. Every stock LT1 I know have has dyno'd in the 235-265 range, the higher part of that range being the WS6/SS models. Stock LS1's dyno in the 280-315 rwhp range, which is a good average of 50rwhp higher ... (about the same difference of an LT1 and a 80's f-bod....which is what I was saying before, Metalbeast.)

Also, comparing an auto LS1 to a manual LT1 is benchracing at its very finest. Autos have a much higher drivetrain loss then an M6 would, so obviously they will dyno lower ... but it is made up for in the lack of shifts, and swiftness of shifts. Why do you think most 10 second and lower cars are Auto's????

Bottom line here, is this story is BS. A slow roll would have the auto LS1 drop to its sweet ass first gear, and while you sat and spun your tires he would hook right up and proceed to put buslengths on you.

That is what I was trying to say in the LT1 M6 vs LS1 auto comparo. Most LT1 M6s dyno in the 260 range. Now I have saw quite a few early LS1 autos dyno in the 270-low280 range (I remember the first test Motor Trend did of an M6 98 Z28 and Formula, Z28 dynoed 282 RWHP and the Formula dynoed 286 RWHP). So with a good driver, an LT1 M6 stock could DEFINATELY keep up with an early LS1 auto. At the track most early LS1 autos I have seen are not much faster than the LT1 M6s (or my buddy Dexter's 93 Formula a4 when it was stock). Just my $0.02.

But yes this story = BS

jaredwayt
03-06-2005, 11:52 AM
there you go metal beast, its not that hard to forget, bte i have a old motor trend sitting right in front of my face that dynoed 274.6 rwhp on a m6 Z28, so thats that enough said that is saying though my ramair intake 3" y-pipe and slp TOL make me loose a good 25 rwhp?thats odd.granted this number may be rare, but very possible none the less, so lets try and put 2 and 2 togther, a car with 275 plus rwhp and a good drivrer vs. an auto with 280 rwhp at a much higher rpm, yea, your right totally impossible......damb

Skarecrow
03-06-2005, 12:20 PM
there you go metal beast, its not that hard to forget, bte i have a old motor trend sitting right in front of my face that dynoed 274.6 rwhp on a m6 Z28, so thats that enough said that is saying though my ramair intake 3" y-pipe and slp TOL make me loose a good 25 rwhp?thats odd.granted this number may be rare, but very possible none the less, so lets try and put 2 and 2 togther, a car with 275 plus rwhp and a good drivrer vs. an auto with 280 rwhp at a much higher rpm, yea, your right totally impossible......damb

You seem to be implying that because the LS1 hp and tq peaks are higher, that it doesn't have anything under the curve to compare to an LT1... yeah, ok. :eyes: Last dyno graph I saw of a stock SS LS1 showed torque over 300 ft/lbs (to the wheels mind you) by 2500rpm and it stayed above 300 until about 5000-5500. The LS1 peaks higher because it makes all of the power of the LT1 at low rpm and then doesn't fall off at higher rpm. :bang:

BTW, if you are really running 13.3-13.4 stone cold stock (which seems to keep changing), then you are running one of the fastest stock LT1s I've ever seen. Most I've seen are in the 13.8-14.2 area. It's like the 12.9 SS and WS6 LS1 cars, they exist for sure, but I've personally never seen one. If you can show off a 13.3 timeslip, then I'll accept that maybe you beat an LS1 on a trip to 100mph... but carlengths by 140? Ram air or not, that LS1 pulls like a beast above 100mph for a N/A engine.

METALBEAST
03-06-2005, 12:33 PM

Time out. I am just defending the LT1. The story still seems a bit far fetched. Your SLP factory "mods" really don't equate to much. I have yet to see an SS or WS6 LT1 dyno more than a Z28 or TA. I am looking at Chevy HP February 2005 issue in which they baselined a bone stock 95 TA and a Bone Stock 00 TA in their STS Turbo article (both M6s). 273/302 vs 311/325 (guess that disspells the LT1 has more torque myth too ;)). Impressive numbers but 38 RWHP is 38 RWHP. An auto will loose some HP for sure but considering the one you raced had a minium of a Catback it negates the arguement. Another thing was you raced an 02 M6 with CB and Lid right? Most 02 M6s put down 310 RWHP bone stock. My buddy Nick has an 02 SS with the some mods you mentioned on the LS1s and he put down 336 RWHP. Believe me you would not have hung with the 02 like you said.

METALBEAST
03-06-2005, 12:34 PM
You seem to be implying that because the LS1 hp and tq peaks are higher, that it doesn't have anything under the curve to compare to an LT1... yeah, ok. :eyes: Last dyno graph I saw of a stock SS LS1 showed torque over 300 ft/lbs (to the wheels mind you) by 2500rpm and it stayed above 300 until about 5000-5500. The LS1 peaks higher because it makes all of the power of the LT1 at low rpm and then doesn't fall off at higher rpm. :bang:

BTW, if you are really running 13.3-13.4 stone cold stock (which seems to keep changing), then you are running one of the fastest stock LT1s I've ever seen. Most I've seen are in the 13.8-14.2 area. It's like the 12.9 SS and WS6 LS1 cars, they exist for sure, but I've personally never seen one. If you can show off a 13.3 timeslip, then I'll accept that maybe you beat an LS1 on a trip to 100mph... but carlengths by 140? Ram air or not, that LS1 pulls like a beast above 100mph for a N/A engine.

Good point. Yes LT1 F-bodies have ran 13.3-13.4 but it is EXTREMELY rare.

BriancWS6
03-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Well, I'll throw my .02 in here. I think anything "can" happen on the street. Example: my buddy raced an A4 LS1 TA last fall in his 87 Iroc auto with 4.10s, flowmaster, and K&N filter. He beat this guy in the 1/8th several times. BTW the Iroc has ran a best 1/8th ET of 9.33 :eyes: The TA driver couldn't drive for SHIT. He would start catching towards the end but the gap was too large to overcome. I was sooo pissed that the LS1 was so misrepresented that night. Had I been there I would have begged the dude to let me drive it so I could mop his ass up like I did in my car.

I told my buddy good job, but you didn't beat the car, you beat the driver. So given equal drivers I would have to jump on the bandwagon and call BS, but if this dude sucked as bad as the fella that raced the almighty Iroc, and you can bang gears, then it could have happened.

necrocannibal
03-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Well, I'll throw my .02 in here. I think anything "can" happen on the street. Example: my buddy raced an A4 LS1 TA last fall in his 87 Iroc auto with 4.10s, flowmaster, and K&N filter. He beat this guy in the 1/8th several times. BTW the Iroc has ran a best 1/8th ET of 9.33 :eyes: The TA driver couldn't drive for SHIT. He would start catching towards the end but the gap was too large to overcome. I was sooo pissed that the LS1 was so misrepresented that night. Had I been there I would have begged the dude to let me drive it so I could mop his ass up like I did in my car.

I told my buddy good job, but you didn't beat the car, you beat the driver. So given equal drivers I would have to jump on the bandwagon and call BS, but if this dude sucked as bad as the fella that raced the almighty Iroc, and you can bang gears, then it could have happened.

But thats the whole point he says he beat it from a roll. So now throw driver error out as it was an A4 so now its just stab and steer. I had a 96 Z28 and it ran 13.8 @ 100 mph when it was stock. It went 13.49 with 3.73s and a small cam. I traded it on an 01 WS6 that would have raped the dogshit out of it on its best day, it went a best of 12.82 @ 110 mph with a lid and cut out. My LT1 put down 255 rwhp and 278 rwtq which was about the norm. My WS6 put down 327 rwhp and 342 rwtq which I dont know if its the norm or not, maybe a little high. Anyway stock LT1s will not run with LS1s unless something is wrong, especially from a roll where LS1s are stronger anyway.

AmMscl
03-06-2005, 01:54 PM
I believe this all could have been avoided if the 8URLS1 was left out of his sig!
Something about coming on a LSwhat website and claiming A$$ WHOOPINs have been handed out by any other motor, other than a LS1/6 is just asking for trouble:bang:
But hey thats just my opinionhttp://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies2/icon_lol.gif

jaredwayt
03-06-2005, 02:51 PM
well accually 8urls1 was a bad car, and turst me it ate plenty, but its gone now, i just throw that in ther b/c alot of people know me by that name, and i didnt claim an ass whoopin' but i beat him, and on the 02 ws6 i said he put a car on me at the top of third going into 4 and traffic stopped us, im positive he would of walked me hard but his t/a and the auto are 2 completely diffrent cars.and its not that the lt's make more torque, it is that what you might not be understanding is that the lt1 will GENERALLY make more torque sooner than the ls1, so like i said if i ran from a 1st gear roll at 2800-3000 rpm, ill have the torque advantage, plus gear advantage also againt the a4.

x phantom x
03-06-2005, 06:06 PM
zzzzzz .... why is this still going?

So yeah, you were in 1st gear at 2800-3000 rpms .... what is that like 10-12mph?

The LS1 would've dropped into first, hooked right away and taken off like a bat out of hell, while you (admittedly) spun your "bald-ass" tires. You would be behind by a decent amount after a second or two, and there is no way in hell your coming from at least one car length down at 30ish mph, to pulling 2-3 cars on him by 120-130.

You keep making the arguement that "oh but I have a manual and he has an auto, so he has less power" .... this is retarded. Stock for stock the m6 will run only slightly better times than A4, definately not anywhere near a gap that would allow a car with 40 less rwhp to walk it like your describing. Sorry, but the lack of real car knowledge combined with the bench racing and the silly attitude = getting annoying.

Like was said before ....
a. nobody posted the race on any websites.
b. you have contradicted yourself a handful of times now.
c. you cannot find these people and have a re-run, or at least have them post?
d. you have NO physical information such as timesheets or a dyno sheet to back up your ridiculous claims on how your stock SS dyno's in excess of 275rwhp, and will run 13.4-13.5 second quarters ... you just made it up, and reference it like it is fact. I would personally guarantee that you could not break a 13.5 second quarter, nor could you dyno 275+ rwhp.
e. Many people here have owned LT1's, have raced LT1's, or have at least ridden in an LT1 .... as 100% of the accounts here have told us, including the guys with the LT1's ... in the situation you posted, you would get ass-raped by it, no questions, end of story.

If you want us to get into the fact that you also claim to have hung with a Intake/exhaust m6 WS6, we can discuss that next if you'd like?
:eyes:

Gloveperson
03-06-2005, 08:17 PM
LMAO on how certain this guy is his LT1 would dyno at 275 because it was rated at 310. :jest: :jest:

I've never seen an LT1 dyno that high..although I wouldn't discount it completly. I would say 260 is a more average "high" number for an LT1.

I think this story would have been at least more believable if the LT1 pulled down low..but on top-end? That is a little harder to fathom.

jaredwayt
03-06-2005, 10:08 PM
a. i have not contradicted myself once, just trying to explain myself b/c you obvisouly dont understand.
b.i just bought new ties, so im gonna go race them again just for you, then im gonna bring them over to my house , make them register and post just for you.
c. i dont need physcial evidence, my car beat an ls1, thats all the evidence i need.
d.im not insecure about my car, i know what it can and cant do, chances are i wont beat a 02 ws6 with bolt-ons, hopefully not with a stock lt1, so why dont you stop "talking smank", stop fondeling yourself, and turn off REVENGE OF THE NERDS 3, and recognize that my lt1 beat an ls1.

Gloveperson
03-06-2005, 10:59 PM
a. i have not contradicted myself once, just trying to explain myself b/c you obvisouly dont understand.

You obviously need to learn how to spell obviously.

b.i just bought new ties, so im gonna go race them again just for you, then im gonna bring them over to my house , make them register and post just for you.

That's awesome that you are upgrading your fashion. WTF did you just say there??

c. i dont need physcial evidence, my car beat an ls1, thats all the evidence i need.

I guess wet-dreams count as "physcial" evidence now.

d.im not insecure about my car, i know what it can and cant do, chances are i wont beat a 02 ws6 with bolt-ons, hopefully not with a stock lt1, so why dont you stop "talking smank", stop fondeling yourself, and turn off REVENGE OF THE NERDS 3, and recognize that my lt1 beat an ls1.

We will all stop talking "smank" just for you. How about you recognize that 90% of LS1 owners owned an LT1 before hand so we probably know more than you about the two cars (myself included)?

x phantom x
03-06-2005, 11:03 PM

Wow ... that was the worst post I've ever seen.

How about instead of just making shit up, you show us ONE shred of proof. You have all these claims, and absolutely nothing to back it up. Just another 17 year old kid, who thinks their car can beat anything on the planet ....

METALBEAST
03-07-2005, 06:49 AM
LMAO on how certain this guy is his LT1 would dyno at 275 because it was rated at 310. :jest: :jest:

I've never seen an LT1 dyno that high..although I wouldn't discount it completly. I would say 260 is a more average "high" number for an LT1.

I think this story would have been at least more believable if the LT1 pulled down low..but on top-end? That is a little harder to fathom.

Got a Chevy High Performance article of a 95 TA dynoing 273 RWHP BONE STOCK. I have plenty of articles of 260+ RWHP bone stock dynos. 260 RWHP is average and 250ish is low for an M6. PM me and maybe I can fax it to you. Damn I am so mad at the LT1 hate coming off of this thread. Unitl you show us a video,Thanks for the black eye on the LT1 name Jared.

Gloveperson
03-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Got a Chevy High Performance article of a 95 TA dynoing 273 RWHP BONE STOCK. I have plenty of articles of 260+ RWHP bone stock dynos. 260 RWHP is average and 250ish is low for an M6. PM me and maybe I can fax it to you. Damn I am so mad at the LT1 hate coming off of this thread. Unitl you show us a video,Thanks for the black eye on the LT1 name Jared.

That would be great. Guess my 94 was pretty low (252 RWHP stock).

KCamaro
03-07-2005, 09:18 AM

In my first camaro I raced an lt1 with full boltons and nittos on the street. My camaro had a lid, a short shifter, and bald assed tires. From a 40 roll I put a car and a half on him to 100... Unfortunately I just cannot see a stock lt1 taking a stock ls1...

KCamaro
03-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Oh and by the way. A 1998 TA weighs marginally more than you, and if it isnt putting down 300 even through a 4l60e something is horribly wrong with the car. Get a video and some time slips and I MIGHT think you arnt completely full of shit.

METALBEAST
03-07-2005, 09:22 AM
That would be great. Guess my 94 was pretty low (252 RWHP stock).

PM me your fax number glove and I can send it. Sorry to get so ill but damn if this guy not stir up some shit with his story.

SCamaroS
03-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Bald tires + M6 + stock Lt1< A4 + slightly modded LS1.

Stop trying to defend your story. If you beat that LS1 good for you, but the problem is you will not convince any of us. You seem to want a reward or a prize for beating that LS1, but no one will give you credit for anything. An LT1 with bald tires will be stuck spinning for a while. Even if the driver sucked in the A4 all he needed to do is smash on the gas pedal and hold it there until he passes the finish line.

Like I said in the beginning don't try to get anyone here to say congrats because it won't happen. Many LT1 owners came forward and said that their LT1 would get raped by the LS1. If you had some mods and good tires then maybe it would be a different story, but when you come to this board with a fictional story then you won't get the response you want to hear. Everyone here has heard a lot of BS stories and yours just made the best sellers list in that category. Good luck getting the LS1!

BriancWS6
03-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Congrats.......................................... .....................on deciding to buy an LS1 :jest:

x phantom x
03-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Bald tires + M6 + stock Lt1< A4 + slightly modded LS1.

Stop trying to defend your story. If you beat that LS1 good for you, but the problem is you will not convince any of us. You seem to want a reward or a prize for beating that LS1, but no one will give you credit for anything. An LT1 with bald tires will be stuck spinning for a while. Even if the driver sucked in the A4 all he needed to do is smash on the gas pedal and hold it there until he passes the finish line.......

:nod:

Metalbeast ... I don't think anyone here is hating or putting down the LT1 in anyway. If anything, I think most of us have owned LT1's, and I personally loved that car. Stock for stock there is a pretty substantial performance difference, however, and every avenue of possibility the LT1 had of winning is crushed by this guys story.

a. LT1 had bald tires and spun at the start, LS1 didn't.
b. LT1 was an m6, LS1 was an A4 (no possibility for a bad driver, just mash and go).
c. LT1's advantage is the dig, LS1's LOVE a 15-20mph highway roll.
d. LT1's slight advantage at low speeds, LS1's pull like beasts up top.
e. LT1 was down at least a car, and then managed to pull 3-4 cars on the LS1?!?
f. LT1 was bone stock, LS1 was lightly modded.

If you changed around some of these factors, I could see it happening .... but with absolutely nothing in his favor, the LT1 is getting ass-raped. We could say "anything can happen on the street," but then he's claiming to have stayed within a car or so of an Intake/exhaust m6 WS6 .... sounds like more BS to me.

P.S. Mag. Dyno #'s mean didily shit, so please stop posting them. Everyone knows dyno numbers can be swayed by at least 10rwhp in any direction the operator wants .... as far as I'm concerned a dyno graph by a reputable shop who has no benefit from the numbers (a.k.a. magazine payoff), and real-life track times by owners are the only things that matter to me. I have never heard of an LT1 dyno'ing above 270 ... and I believe the average seems to be in the 250-260 range, which also seems to be the consensus of the people who have posted their LT1 dyno numbers.

raymond mckinney
03-09-2005, 03:47 PM
I seen the race and hang out there all the time. Going to set it up with a video this time so there will be no B.S. The car did run 13.3's@106mph. And my now 398 stroker 96 ss, m6, lt1 put down 276rwhp and 311tq stone stock.

Gloveperson
03-09-2005, 04:02 PM
I seen the race and hang out there all the time. Going to set it up with a video this time so there will be no B.S. The car did run 13.3's@106mph. And my now 398 stroker 96 ss, m6, lt1 put down 276rwhp and 311tq stone stock.

You're the same person.

You both have a horrible grasp of the english language and use the retarded phrase of "stone stock".

GuitsBoy
03-09-2005, 04:07 PM
You're the same person.

You both have a horrible grasp of the english language and use the retarded phrase of "stone stock".

I was thinking the same thing!

raymond mckinney
03-09-2005, 04:15 PM
No I own a stalled 98 ls1 and just go to the bbd 's car show. Where he raced the 99 a4 convert.

x phantom x
03-09-2005, 05:57 PM
You're the same person.

ROTFL!!! You made up another user name eh?

I'm gonna check into this and we'll see if you both happen to post from the same location.

Even if you are a different person, I don't know what your dumbass posting is trying to "prove". :eyes:

METALBEAST
03-09-2005, 06:50 PM

Damn would you just :STFU: This is why so many LS1 owners think shit of the LT1 (and another thing..its LT1, not LT-1 or LS-1 dumbass :eyes: . Wrong decade). You 16 year old punks make up shit about your cars trying to impress people. Give it up. I am NOT an LS1 owner or an LT-1 owner. I am however a proud owner of 2 LT1s and you are making us look like trolls. I am not going to defend your nonsense and neither will any of the other LT1 guys on this site. Quit now PLEASE!

jaredwayt
03-09-2005, 06:57 PM
i dont have any point to make, the point is already proven my "stone stock" lt1 beat a modded ls1/end of story.and yea i really went and registerd another name to prove my point, he is a guy i called earlier to register to tell you about the race b/c its raining here and i couldnt go out there tonight,not unless you dont believe me thats it raining either, you can check the weather channel if you'd like.no sir ive got better things to do, i have a life i work as a firefighter, i dont sit in front of a computer all day and bitch about cars and poclaim myself as the kung fu king of smack talk of some gay thing you call yourself.

raymond mckinney
03-09-2005, 07:22 PM
whoa! whats with all the hate, i was trying to help the guy out by telling the truth.
1st off, xphantom you sure do talk alot of shit about lt1's, why dont you drive your little ls1 down to florida, and ill show you what an lt1 can do, sound good?
and secound off metalbeast, its not him that gives lt1's bad names, he gives lt1's a great name by showing what a lt1 can really do, and thats run down those ls1's, its you that give lt1's bad names, by talking crap about lt1's yourself instead of defending the lt1's name like you should, your a disgrace to the lt1 name.

a

METALBEAST
03-09-2005, 07:23 PM
i dont have any point to make, the point is already proven my "stone stock" lt1 beat a modded ls1/end of story.and yea i really went and registerd another name to prove my point, he is a guy i called earlier to register to tell you about the race b/c its raining here and i couldnt go out there tonight,not unless you dont believe me thats it raining either, you can check the weather channel if you'd like.no sir ive got better things to do, i have a life i work as a firefighter, i dont sit in front of a computer all day and bitch about cars and poclaim myself as the kung fu king of smack talk of some gay thing you call yourself.

No, I don't proclaim or even poclaim to be king of anything. I do know LT1s very well and have ran LS1s. And I'll tell you right now. You story is too full of holes. I have nothing to gain by saying a modded LS1 would beat a stock LT1. If anything I wish it were true. But facts are facts:

STOCK vs STOCK: LS1 > LT1
MODDED VS STOCK: LS1 > LT1
MODDED VS MODDED: Depends.......

Diolar Magnum
03-09-2005, 07:54 PM
what the fuck is stone stock

that makes me think of santa claus having kidney stones for some reason.

Gloveperson
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
whoa! whats with all the hate, i was trying to help the guy out by telling the truth.
1st off, xphantom you sure do talk alot of shit about lt1's, why dont you drive your little ls1 down to florida, and ill show you what an lt1 can do, sound good?
and secound off metalbeast, its not him that gives lt1's bad names, he gives lt1's a great name by showing what a lt1 can really do, and thats run down those ls1's, its you that give lt1's bad names, by talking crap about lt1's yourself instead of defending the lt1's name like you should, your a disgrace to the lt1 name.

a

You are a disgrace to English speaking American's everywhere.

And there is no way that a stock LT1 SS beat a modded LS1 on top-end. Only way is he has an LT4 in that sucker and does not know it for whatever reason. I don't care what some dyno said, he claims to have won on top-end and power curve is more important than peak numbers and any LS1 on all eight cylinders has a better top-end power curve than an LT1. Is it really that hard to understand?

Phantom would beat your 450 HP LT1 by the way.

Oh and you two are still the same person.

Vendetta
03-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Balls

raymond mckinney
03-09-2005, 08:23 PM
wow jersey your cool!talk about english.as far as that goes, your a disgrace to 1998 z's, i bet jared's lt1 would walk you.and its a cold day in hell before a 10 sec. ls1 beats my car.

oh and by the way stop talking shit when your car is slow.

METALBEAST
03-09-2005, 08:24 PM

a

You address me as METALBEAST in all caps please :) :jest:

METALBEAST
03-09-2005, 08:26 PM
wow jersey your cool!talk about english.as far as that goes, your a disgrace to 1998 z's, i bet jared's lt1 would walk you.and its a cold day in hell before a 10 sec. ls1 beats my car.

..And now your jumping on the LT1 section moderator. Nice :eyes:

Diolar Magnum
03-09-2005, 08:31 PM
..And now your jumping on the LT1 section moderator. Nice :eyes:

lol lets see how long that lasts :jest:

Vendetta
03-09-2005, 08:35 PM

everybody loves raymond!

http://www.lordly.com/Resources/Books_Flyers/Romano.jpg

Jersey_TA
03-09-2005, 08:43 PM
My buddy's stock 96 ss went 14.4?????

1 BLOWN V8
03-09-2005, 08:57 PM

a

A true Camaro owner would rather go after Mustangs and ricers then after other Camaro's "period". I also owned a 95 Z-28 and a 97 SS. So I also have owned the LT1. I like both but for some reason the LT1 owners always have something to prove. Why is that? Also all it takes to win is MONEY. I have it and so do alot of other members on here. If I wanted to run 8"S I could afford it. My house and family is more important to me. Cars are just a hobby which I have to many already.

I really think this should either be moved to another forum or just removed.

Go find a Mustang, kick its azz, then I am sure you would get alot more support from all the members.

Gloveperson
03-09-2005, 10:12 PM

Does anyone understand this guy?

Stop talking shit when your understanding of English is suck shit.

BT03mach-1
03-09-2005, 10:26 PM
This is kinda like a stock mustang gt beat a bolt on Mach? :bang:

RSxSS SLS
03-10-2005, 12:21 AM
You people give me health problems I cant even name...

I know that the LT1 is generally slower than Ls1, this guys story "can" make some sense, not likely, but it is possible...

Lets just say...
LT1--vs--LS1
GO!
high octane---low octane
clean filters---dirty filters
new oil---bad oil
drove like hell---patted it till it was too late or let off then got back on it
well taken care of engine/trans---abused engine/trans

And so on, it is "possible" but not probable. It would take about all of those for the outcome to be as he desribes...BUT it can happen...OR whoever had it before him (if anyone has) changed the cam? rockers? rebuilt to better specs? bore? stroke?...Cause I just dont see a stock LT1 running mid 13's like he said, or beating a slightly modded LS1.

And its supposed to be BONE STOCK not "stone stock"...

x phantom x
03-10-2005, 04:33 AM
.....i have a life i work as a firefighter, i dont sit in front of a computer all day and bitch about cars and poclaim myself as the kung fu king of smack talk of some gay thing you call yourself.

Yeah you're right, man I wish I could've been a fire fighter with a middle school education instead of a stock broker who has just recently started his own business, has a degree in physics, is going for his masters, and whose "life" keeps him out until 3-4 o'clock most mornings (which, if you could read you would notice happens to be the time I usually post ... either that or while I'm at work) .... 5:33am now btw. Damn, how I wish I could be you ....
:hail: :eyes:

..... 1st off, xphantom you sure do talk alot of shit about lt1's, why dont you drive your little ls1 down to florida, and ill show you what an lt1 can do, sound good?.....

Whatever you say doofy ... make it worth it for me and I'll be sure to get down there, I'm a big fan of florida and have a few family members down there. However, before I waste my time going down there, why don't we set up a race with you and southfl ... he's right in that area and makes about the same power n/a that I do (plus he's been bitchin that he hasn't had a race lately) .... if you can beat him by a decent amount then maybe you'd be worth the trip.

p.s. I hope you have more then a 450hp 383 stroker .... :jest:

1bottled93toenvy
03-10-2005, 04:37 AM
good kill...i noticed from a 30 roll us lt1's are pretty quick and keep up with or at LEAST beat LS1's/.....i beat em all day from a rolll...im getting tires this weekend..hiopefully anohter ones tries to see whats up :lurk:

x phantom x
03-10-2005, 04:40 AM
good kill...i noticed from a 30 roll us lt1's are pretty quick and keep up with or at LEAST beat LS1's/.....i beat em all day from a rolll...im getting tires this weekend..hiopefully anohter ones tries to see whats up :lurk:

At least ... most of the time you guys just hand us our asses. :jest:

METALBEAST
03-10-2005, 07:14 AM
:sucks:

darrensls1formula
03-10-2005, 08:00 AM
---->L98
-------->LT1
--------------->LS1
---------------------->LS6

Hey, I see a pattern forming here :jest:

Your story is such BS so just crawl back into bed, fall asleep and maybe then you can dream up another race to tell us about.

Skarecrow
03-10-2005, 08:30 AM
I remember when this thread was left for dead...

Damn goblin jumper cables.

SouthFL.02.SS
03-10-2005, 09:17 AM
So, who's up for some friendly races at Bradenton? I'll drive up with a few SFFBA guys to provide some Ls-what.

DRACO911
03-10-2005, 10:51 AM
So, who's up for some friendly races at Bradenton? I'll drive up with a few SFFBA guys to provide some Ls-what.
I'll drive up for that.

SouthFL.02.SS
03-10-2005, 10:55 AM
I'll drive up for that.

:cheers:

I can think of a handful of 120ish mph (NA) trapping Ls-what cars that can come along too. :nod: Could be fun!

METALBEAST
03-10-2005, 11:21 AM
---->L98
-------->LT1
--------------->LS1
---------------------->LS6

Hey, I see a pattern forming here :jest:

Your story is such BS so just crawl back into bed, fall asleep and maybe then you can dream up another race to tell us about.

Come on dude. The LT1 would keep up better than that :jest: Here's how it would go down

----->L98
------------>LT1
------------------>LS1
------------------------>LS6
------------------------------------------------------>METALBEASTZ28 ;)

DRACO911
03-10-2005, 11:26 AM
:cheers:

I can think of a handful of 120ish mph (NA) trapping Ls-what cars that can come along too. :nod: Could be fun!

I'll hold down the "Stock" end of things

SouthFL.02.SS
03-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I'll hold down the "Stock" end of things

:cool:

darrensls1formula
03-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Come on dude. The LT1 would keep up better than that :jest: Here's how it would go down

----->L98
------------>LT1
------------------>LS1
------------------------>LS6
------------------------------------------------------>METALBEASTZ28 ;)

:D

Here's how the race would really go:

------>jaredwayt
----------------------------------------->insert anyls1 here

:devil:

SouthFL.02.SS
03-10-2005, 11:43 AM
:D

Here's how the race would really go:

------>jaredwayt
----------------------------------------->insert anyls1 here

:devil:

I'm offering him a chance to see a live demonstration! :nod:

DRACO911
03-10-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm offering him a chance to see a live demonstration! :nod:

Thats not really fair your race would be

---------> stock LS1

------------------------------------------------->Carlos

x phantom x
03-10-2005, 12:38 PM

Muhahahahaaa ... You're welcome for the race Carlos ... Wish I could be there to see this one ...

"no 10 second LS1 is going to beat me ... blablabla" :eyes:

I hope someone brings a video camera to record them both pussing out and not showing up ...
:gay: :cry:

SouthFL.02.SS
03-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Muhahahahaaa ... You're welcome for the race Carlos ... Wish I could be there to see this one ...

"no 10 second LS1 is going to beat me ... blablabla" :eyes:

I hope someone brings a video camera to record them both pussing out and not showing up ...
:gay: :cry:

Hey, I just looked back at Raymond's sig.
1996 camaro "SS" #76 m6.
398 stroker/viper spec transmission/moser 12 bolt
452 RWHP/441 RWTQ on motor.

He's got a runner. Would be a fun race. His tq advantage gives him the favor IMO.
Would still be lots of fun regardless. :drive:

x phantom x
03-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Hey, I just looked back at Raymond's sig.

He's got a runner. Would be a fun race. His tq advantage gives him the favor IMO.
Would still be lots of fun regardless. :drive:

Doubtful the car even exists .... Weird how earlier in this thread the guy claims there were like 200 96 SS's made (when in fact there are 2,500), and his close buddy just happens to have one as well?

greentahoe
03-10-2005, 01:18 PM

Where in Tampa are these races? So you handle 10 sec LS1's?? There are several guys here in Tampa that would give you a shot at there 10 sec LS1's. In fact we could probably get a 10 sec LS1 in a color of your choice.

SouthFL.02.SS
03-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Doubtful the car even exists .... Weird how earlier in this thread the guy claims there were like 200 96 SS's made (when in fact there are 2,500), and his close buddy just happens to have one as well?

I dunno. Why would someone lie about this?

-1998 camaro Z28 A4 forged 347
FTRA/LS6/SLP lid/SLP MAF/bellows/hooker- headers/QTP cut-out/stg.3 4l60e/3000vig. stall/BMR subframes/lca's/PHR/torque arm/optima red-top/custom dyno/street tune.

-1996 camaro "SS" #76 m6.
398 stroker/viper spec transmission/moser 12 bolt
452 RWHP/441 RWTQ on motor.

Seems legit to me. No need to list a bellows, but still- I like to believe people (I'm internet dumb I guesss). :jest:

raymond mckinney
03-10-2005, 07:04 PM
sounds good southfl02ss, but here's the thing im not a big fan of bradenton(broke to many things there) im really just dedicated to street racing now, id be more than happy to run from a roll, my car isnt set up for the track anymore gear and suspension wise, i have a hand full of lt1 buddys that would like to race, but they only run for money, i dont care about racing for money, im always out to find a good race.im waiting for my controller to come in and stuff but maybe we can set up a date to meet and run.i usually go out to gandy, or sometimes the causeway, just let me know.

green tahoe-i know many many many and am friends with tons of ls1 guys out here, i dont have a problem with any of them, but when people talk trash about lt1's, i gotta back them up, i love ls1's, thats why i own one as well.

jaredwayt
03-10-2005, 07:22 PM
well guys i dont have a 10 secound car but i have a little 4 cylinder that will take all of you down...

SouthFL.02.SS
03-10-2005, 07:28 PM
sounds good southfl02ss, but here's the thing im not a big fan of bradenton(broke to many things there) im really just dedicated to street racing now, id be more than happy to run from a roll, my car isnt set up for the track anymore gear and suspension wise, i have a hand full of lt1 buddys that would like to race, but they only run for money, i dont care about racing for money, im always out to find a good race.im waiting for my controller to come in and stuff but maybe we can set up a date to meet and run.i usually go out to gandy, or sometimes the causeway, just let me know.

green tahoe-i know many many many and am friends with tons of ls1 guys out here, i dont have a problem with any of them, but when people talk trash about lt1's, i gotta back them up, i love ls1's, thats why i own one as well.

This evening, my BMR Extreme rear sway bar was removed for a smaller BMR (poly end link) sway bar, as my car's focus is being turned away from drag racing to roadracing.

I'da still gone to BMP for some runs.

I love the way they set up the track. It actually hooks well (as opposed to Moroso in West Palm Beach). I'm not up for meet up and run streetracing. Not my thing.
Take it easy man. :cool:

Carlos.

SouthFL.02.SS
03-10-2005, 07:29 PM
well guys i dont have a 10 secound car but i have a little 4 cylinder that will take all of you down...

bah, what's wrong with your ls1 killer SS?

leeluther252
03-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Well I traded my h/c Ls1 in on a 85 Camaro .. 305 TPI.. today. I figured if the LT1 was so powerful... I may as well go 1 step further and get the almightly 305 TPI motor. Ima go hunt down some 911 turbo's with my 160 rwhp...... How stupid is this thread gonna get..LOL.

jaredwayt
03-10-2005, 09:39 PM
"bah, what's wrong with your ls1 killer SS?"

nothing is wrong with it, its pretty fast for stock, but its by far a 10 secound car. :judge:

but dont worry, it'll be in the 10's before you know it, just look out :nod:

and whats wrong with the old 4 cylinder?it'll run straight or take the curves its up to you. :)

raymond mckinney
03-10-2005, 09:50 PM
Jared bet you don't want none of the lt1 with your little 4 cylinder? roll or a dig? And bring the SS for the 98z. Its an a4 with bolt-ons!

Diolar Magnum
03-10-2005, 09:53 PM
and whats wrong with the old 4 cylinder?it'll run straight or take the curves its up to you. :)

OMG YOU'RE RIGHT. GUYS DONT FORGET THE LS1 CANT EVER TAKE ANY CURVES. WE WiLL CRASH IF WE TURN.

jaredwayt
03-10-2005, 10:37 PM
well chances are the little 4 cylinder will take you in the curves, nothing against ls1's cornering abality, but ill whip you big time.

raymondmckinney-bring the little lt1, but lets put some money on the line.

Gloveperson
03-10-2005, 10:45 PM
News flash! A bike is faster than a car!!!!!

Vendetta
03-11-2005, 12:09 AM
but dont worry, it'll be in the 10's before you know it, just look out :nod:)

I got a WRX. but don't worry, it'll be in the 10s before you know it, just look out.

I got a Huffy in the garage. but don't worry, it'll be in the 10s before you know it, just look out.

I just bought some new Nikes. but don't worry, I will be in the 10s before you know it, just look out.

x phantom x
03-11-2005, 03:46 AM
Weird, I thought this thread was about your LT1 beating on the LS1's .... not about your bike beating on them?

Best I've heard of a 750 doing was a 10.25 or something along those lines .... I would be willing to put money down that says you couldn't drive it past a 10.75 quarter.

P.S. Guy with the 450hp Stroker ... I love all the excuses that pop up as soon as someone in your area asks you to race. Oh I can't race at the track cause blabla, Oh I can't go from a dig because blabla .... then quick, we better change the subject ...

Lastly, Nobody was here "talking shit about the LT1's," look at the creator of the post, it was your buddy ... talking shit about LS1's. Whether this took place in his made up fantasy world or not, a stock LT1 is NOT taking a bolt-on LS1 from a roll, unless there is something significantly wrong with the LS1. If you can't admit that, you're an idiot. There is no comparision between a 13 second quarter LS1, and a 14 second quarter LT1 .... especially when the LT1 gives up the only advantage it has (a dig) when he decided to do a rolling start.

jaredwayt
03-11-2005, 07:01 AM
enough said, my car will do 13.3's-4's all day long, ls1 auto with a lid and exhaust might do 1 13.5 on its best day.regardless from a roll or not i beat him, and trust me its not the 1st or last ls1 that went down.

White Fire
03-11-2005, 07:13 AM
I've personally seen a full weight LS1 with a lid and cutout do 12.7 on full weight, auto with 2.73's.....

SouthFL.02.SS
03-11-2005, 07:22 AM
enough said, my car will do 13.3's-4's all day long, ls1 auto with a lid and exhaust might do 1 13.5 on its best day.regardless from a roll or not i beat him, and trust me its not the 1st or last ls1 that went down.

I've seen LT1's with headers and exhaust in mid to high 13's.
Perhaps I overlooked in a previous page, but have you run it 13.3 at the track? BMP? Do you go to Bradenton?

You talk a lot of smack for a guy with a 13 sec. car. :jest:
(I'm the first one to say my car is slow [see subtitle in avatar])

darrensls1formula
03-11-2005, 08:21 AM

:bs: :bs: :bs:

Gloveperson
03-11-2005, 09:03 AM

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Vendetta
03-11-2005, 11:02 AM

Man, you're an idiot. A 6-speed maybe, not an A4.

Skarecrow
03-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Maybe he considers a 50-shot to be "stock"?

jaredwayt
03-11-2005, 11:20 AM
my car is a 6 speed, and the ls1 was an a4.

SouthFL.02.SS
03-11-2005, 11:20 AM

So, you have timeslips to confirm your low 13's?

DRACO911
03-11-2005, 11:43 AM

This goes to show what you know. My A4 Formula was pulling 13.4 all day long with just a lid. Before I even did the headers or catback. That was only 290rwhp (it was not a dyno queen)

x phantom x
03-11-2005, 12:54 PM
So, you have timeslips to confirm your low 13's?

Of course not .... He just claims shit without actually doing it.

Shit, I run 8's, I just haven't done it yet. :eyes:

SouthFL.02.SS
03-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Of course not .... He just claims shit without actually doing it.

Shit, I run 8's, I just haven't done it yet. :eyes:

What a tool.

Hey Phantom, I just got a call from the shop that my car dynoed 468rwhp with the new setup (full bolt-on swap out). I'm the first one to call BS on this until I see the dyno sheet, and then take my car to another dyno for another set of pulls. But, needless to say, I'm stoked!!!

darrensls1formula
03-11-2005, 01:05 PM

Doesn't matter. You still lose.

x phantom x
03-11-2005, 04:29 PM
What a tool.

Hey Phantom, I just got a call from the shop that my car dynoed 468rwhp with the new setup (full bolt-on swap out). I'm the first one to call BS on this until I see the dyno sheet, and then take my car to another dyno for another set of pulls. But, needless to say, I'm stoked!!!

Wow that's hot man. I've been planning on tossing the t-rex and getting a new H/C setup for the spring ... Been in the process of contacting shops to see what everyones got .... looking to install everything in the middle of april. PM me the mod list if you want, I'd love to hear about this new setup.

P.S. Regardless of the tranny, the LS1 is ripping you apart. Take DarrensForumla for example .... 13.1 on a basic bolt-on LS1 A4, just like the one you raced. If you want to take it alittle further, that is a high 12 second time with a better 60ft, and from a slow roll he is eating you up.

raymond mckinney
03-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I never back out of racing anyone. Just like racing from a roll easier on the car.
And I' ve never seen a pipe only GSXR750 run 9's Jared! Money talks bull shit walks.
And Jared the Nx is on now so she's pull'n somewhere around 650 Wheel! Don't think the little 750 is up to that son.

JVs95LS1Z28
03-12-2005, 12:30 AM
An Engine Is An Engine Is Just A Matter On How You Build It And How Much You Put In It Hehe ...ls1 Lt1 Moded Is The Same Thing Stock Vs Stock Is Different And Some Stock Lt1s Do Eat Stock Ls1s I Had A Stock 96 Lt1 And People Also Swore Up And Down I Had Something Under The Hood

jaredwayt
03-12-2005, 12:17 PM
"Some Stock Lt1s Do Eat Stock Ls1s I Had A Stock 96 Lt1 And People Also Swore Up And Down I Had Something Under The Hood"

yea i get that all the time, some just run better than others, people dont get that a dyno is for tuning not racing.its no biggie to me i kind of think its funny and everybody gets mad, but oh well, long live the LT1!

SouthFL.02.SS
03-12-2005, 12:20 PM
"Some Stock Lt1s Do Eat Stock Ls1s I Had A Stock 96 Lt1 And People Also Swore Up And Down I Had Something Under The Hood"

yea i get that all the time, some just run better than others, people dont get that a dyno is for tuning not racing.its no biggie to me i kind of think its funny and everybody gets mad, but oh well, long live the LT1!

Actually, timeslips are a result of racing. Got any?

Vendetta
03-12-2005, 01:59 PM
oh well, long live the LT1!

You are an embarassment to the LT1.

Gloveperson
03-12-2005, 04:13 PM
You are an embarassment to the LT1.

You mean humanity.

x phantom x
03-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Actually, timeslips are a result of racing. Got any?

ROTFL .... " MY CAR RUNS A 13.3, (which has to be the stock LT1 record) .... however, I've never taken it to the track, and therefore don't have any timeslips .... which meannnssss, I Just pulled that 13.3 out of my ass. ...... oh and Auto LS1's are slow and run 14's, only the m6's run 13 flats."

MYTFASTSS
03-13-2005, 12:10 AM
First off, this Could have happened, as described, because we all know how anything can happen on the street. Second, as a former L98 owner {89 formula350}, I know how tables can turn even when the chips are down. My L98 was a strong runner and could give an LT1 a run for it’s money. Sure, I’ve been beat by slower cars, and I do now, even in the SS.
As I see it, what probably happened, since it was a roll race, was the 4L60E didn’t kick down into 1st gear when floored from a 20MPH roll. Since “JEREDWAYT” stated he was @ 2800-3000RPM he was closer to his Power band then the LS1 A4 on take off.
LT1’s don’t have more torque then an LS1, but it comes on sooner and peaks whereas the LS1 has a flatter torque band and pulls like a rapped ape up top. Given the Circumstances, this race should have started from a dig. This would rule out all probable doubt that the LS1 is the superior car.
As stated before, the 4L60E was probably in 2nd from such a slow roll and bogged when the driver asked for full power, the transmission refused to kick down. This happened more times in my Formula350 then I care to imagine. Granted, It was not Electronically controlled, as today’s 4L60E, but the 700R4 is basically the same transmission. This could be the only possible reason I could see.
Anyone who’s driven an automatic car knows that, sometimes when you floor the throttle from a certain speed, the transmission hesitates or refuses to find the “optimal” gear. Remember, the LS1 & 4L60E have to work in sync “together”.
@JEREDWAYT:: race an LS1 from a dead stop then come back and tell us the outcome. You will be quite surprised that the LS1 is a strong puller not just because it has more horsepower, but that it has flat torque curve like the state of Tennessee, which helps in the top end.

Vendetta
03-13-2005, 02:38 AM
You mean humanity.

That too. :lol:

darrensls1formula
03-13-2005, 06:11 AM
And Some Stock Lt1s Do Eat Stock Ls1s I Had A Stock 96 Lt1 And People Also Swore Up And Down I Had Something Under The Hood

That would be incorrect but thanks for playing :jest:

darrensls1formula
03-13-2005, 06:50 AM
First off, this Could have happened, as described, because we all know how anything can happen on the street. Second, as a former L98 owner {89 formula350}, I know how tables can turn even when the chips are down. My L98 was a strong runner and could give an LT1 a run for it’s money. Sure, I’ve been beat by slower cars, and I do now, even in the SS.
As I see it, what probably happened, since it was a roll race, was the 4L60E didn’t kick down into 1st gear when floored from a 20MPH roll. Since “JEREDWAYT” stated he was @ 2800-3000RPM he was closer to his Power band then the LS1 A4 on take off.
LT1’s don’t have more torque then an LS1, but it comes on sooner and peaks whereas the LS1 has a flatter torque band and pulls like a rapped ape up top. Given the Circumstances, this race should have started from a dig. This would rule out all probable doubt that the LS1 is the superior car.
As stated before, the 4L60E was probably in 2nd from such a slow roll and bogged when the driver asked for full power, the transmission refused to kick down. This happened more times in my Formula350 then I care to imagine. Granted, It was not Electronically controlled, as today’s 4L60E, but the 700R4 is basically the same transmission. This could be the only possible reason I could see.
Anyone who’s driven an automatic car knows that, sometimes when you floor the throttle from a certain speed, the transmission hesitates or refuses to find the “optimal” gear. Remember, the LS1 & 4L60E have to work in sync “together”.
@JEREDWAYT:: race an LS1 from a dead stop then come back and tell us the outcome. You will be quite surprised that the LS1 is a strong puller not just because it has more horsepower, but that it has flat torque curve like the state of Tennessee, which helps in the top end.

If you had read the first post where he describes the race you could have saved yourself a lot of typing. 0-30 mph is a beautiful place for an auto LS1 to race. It's a fast downshift to first and you get thrown back in your seat. Now 31-40 is a bad place for an auto LS1 with stock torque converter to race. If the race had started in that range then yes we would have a legitimate answer as to how David could have beaten Goliath.

But in the original post he states they went from a first gear roll. Now a first gear roll is not going to get them past 30mph and thus the dead spot was not a factor in this race. Now our LT1 friend here wants to live in his own little world where stock LT1's that trap 99-101 or so can destroy bolt-on LS1's that trap 105-107. Somehow in his world this makes perfect sense. But in reality there is no way an A4 LS1 with more power, no dead spot and no chance to miss a shift (aka A4) could lose the way he described to a "stone stock" LT1 without major mechanical issues being the reason. But he is unwilling to admit this which makes me think he is just making this whole thing up to try and sound "cool". Or maybe he got his butt kicked by an LS1 and this is how he thinks he can get revenge.

Gloveperson
03-13-2005, 08:52 AM
He stated the Lt1 pulled on top-end so, myfastSS, while your views are some what correct, they have little effect on this paticular race :(

SouthFL.02.SS
03-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Timeslips?

GuitsBoy
03-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Mr. jaredwayt, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

METALBEAST
03-13-2005, 06:50 PM

And STOCK for STOCK. It might be a close race depending on the strength of the car. But STOCK vs I/E LS1. :judge:

Azrael
03-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Timeslips?

Don't think he has any... :lurk:

You must be an eternal optimist though... :devil:

SparkYSpark
03-21-2005, 09:41 AM
If the LS1 Camaro was so great then the the Camaro would NOT have died with it under the hood...

the camaro did not die with the LT1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

LS1 :bigun2:

Gloveperson
03-21-2005, 11:29 AM
If the LS1 Camaro was so great then the the Camaro would NOT have died with it under the hood...

the camaro did not die with the LT1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

If this isn't a joke, you are one of the biggest idiots I have ever met.

METALBEAST
03-21-2005, 12:30 PM

SparkySpark :bigun2: For embarrasing LT1 owners with moronic comments like that

x phantom x
03-21-2005, 03:31 PM

The end of the camaro/firebird was actually planned while the LT1 WAS under the hood.

Thanks for playing, now go back to your little hole in the ground.

:judge:

bigbadblackws6
11-11-2005, 04:02 PM
jared u faggot

x phantom x
11-11-2005, 04:14 PM
jared u faggot

Wow ... someone was real bored. :jest:

Way to bring back a thread from 10 months ago. :bang:

CuNfUzEd
11-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Holy shit. I can not believe what I just read. Or the fact I actually have no life because I just realized I read it all. well the bones are showing on this dead horse. So I don't believe there is any reason to kick it and ask for one more ride.

jbvic15
11-11-2005, 07:01 PM
this never happened, nice try though

MYTFASTSS
12-05-2005, 04:14 AM
It must have been a convertible A4....

Also, after re-reading this long post, I noticed they went on his third Honk....LS1 guy..Bad reaction time...

But over all....I just can't see this Happening or theres more to this story he's not telling.

x phantom x
12-05-2005, 04:51 AM
Thanks for bringing this stupid thread back yet again, so that you may shed some new light on this 172 post discussion ... However, I think what you have said was mentioned at least 20 times, and over 6 months ago..

;)

SouthFL.02.SS
12-05-2005, 07:01 AM
^
More like almost a year ago! :jest:

calebs01formula
12-05-2005, 01:14 PM
OMG I was getting ready to go to the bruce b downs target this wednesday till i looked at the date. This place is a circus.

B.W.
12-05-2005, 08:20 PM

:jest: :givesfuck

BLKWS.6
12-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Wow, I wonder why if the LS1 was such a pile GM kept it in their cars LONG AFTER the camaro was gone...hrmmm...The LT1 can make no such claim can it?

Chris95Z
12-05-2005, 11:33 PM
Wow, I wonder why if the LS1 was such a pile GM kept it in their cars LONG AFTER the camaro was gone...hrmmm...The LT1 can make no such claim can it?

Actually the designation lt1 has quite a legacy from the muscle car era, its revival in the 1992 vette was to signify a 300+hp 350ci come back. It too has its history ;)

x phantom x
12-06-2005, 12:33 PM

The LT1 was in quite a few cars ....

Seems as though everytime I see a post of yours, it is either slightly incorrect, or just plain wrong. Where do you get your info from?
:confused:

98SuperSport
12-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Actually the designation lt1 has quite a legacy from the muscle car era, its revival in the 1992 vette was to signify a 300+hp 350ci come back. It too has its history ;)

It was known as the LT-1 back in the "muscle car era"...

Car RamRod
12-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Im curious, what vehicles continued to use the lt1 after 97? When did the trucks switch to the lsx engine?

Also, wasnt the origional lt1 and optional corvette engine? Something like a 350ci with 335hp?

1994Z28Lt1
12-07-2005, 12:17 AM
damn this thread is old isn't it well since i wasn't on the site almost a year ago to witness it i will just have to add my .02 right now sorry guys, i hope i dont start another lt1 vs ls1 flame war because they are both great motors to bless f-body owners

his story is kind of fishy but not totally unbelieveable in my oppinion because i have had the same experiences with some ls1's

two of them definitely come to mind one was a 98 T/A with the cats hacked out of it A4 CAI 2.73 rear and from a 10 mph roll i hooked slightly better and kept a half a car on him til about 60-70 where he put about a car on me and then to my amazement once he hit 3rd gear i started pulling past him again and we let off at about 110-120 with me about a car ahead of him

another ls1 i raced was my buddies 00 Z28 A4 3.23 rear end with a fresh motor (7000 miles) with an slp lid and that was it, we went from a dead stop he got a jump on me being as how it was an auto and i kept within a car length of him all the way to about 110-120 again where we let off

my car is a 94 Z28 M6 3.42 rear end with hooker catback, slp intake, dynatech distributor (not that it adds anything) msd wires and that it, at the time of the races it had about 65000 miles on it when i had it on the dyno at about 70,000 miles it put down almost 271 hp and 314.4 ft/lbs of torque and the torque curve went over 300 ft/lbs right when i floored it at 2000 rpm and sustained it all the way to 4500 rpm

you can take a look at my printout at the link at the bottom of my sig

this is just from my experience i realize 270 at the wheels is definitely not typical for a basically stock lt1 but is definitely possible

x phantom x
12-07-2005, 01:26 AM
Im curious, what vehicles continued to use the lt1 after 97? When did the trucks switch to the lsx engine?

Also, wasnt the origional lt1 and optional corvette engine? Something like a 350ci with 335hp?

The LT1 was in service for a long time ... just about the same length as the LS1 .... and in many different model cars. Y-Bods (Corvette), B/D Bods (Caprice, Impala SS), F-Bods (Firebird/Camaro), etc ... all had the LT1 available (or standard). A few trucks also used different variants of the LT1.

The original LT1 in the '92 vette was 300 hp. The option you're thinking of is the LT4, which was offered in '96 if memory serves me ... it used better heads, more cam timing, roller rockers and sequential fuel injection to make 330 hp. There was also the "Baby LT1," the 265 cid version that was the standard engine in the Caprice from 1994-‘96.

:)

Redneck Z
12-07-2005, 01:47 AM
damn this thread is old isn't it well since i wasn't on the site almost a year ago to witness it i will just have to add my .02 right now sorry guys, i hope i dont start another lt1 vs ls1 flame war because they are both great motors to bless f-body owners

his story is kind of fishy but not totally unbelieveable in my oppinion because i have had the same experiences with some ls1's

two of them definitely come to mind one was a 98 T/A with the cats hacked out of it A4 CAI 2.73 rear and from a 10 mph roll i hooked slightly better and kept a half a car on him til about 60-70 where he put about a car on me and then to my amazement once he hit 3rd gear i started pulling past him again and we let off at about 110-120 with me about a car ahead of him

another ls1 i raced was my buddies 00 Z28 A4 3.23 rear end with a fresh motor (7000 miles) with an slp lid and that was it, we went from a dead stop he got a jump on me being as how it was an auto and i kept within a car length of him all the way to about 110-120 again where we let off

my car is a 94 Z28 M6 3.42 rear end with hooker catback, slp intake, dynatech distributor (not that it adds anything) msd wires and that it, at the time of the races it had about 65000 miles on it when i had it on the dyno at about 70,000 miles it put down almost 271 hp and 314.4 ft/lbs of torque and the torque curve went over 300 ft/lbs right when i floored it at 2000 rpm and sustained it all the way to 4500 rpm

you can take a look at my printout at the link at the bottom of my sig

this is just from my experience i realize 270 at the wheels is definitely not typical for a basically stock lt1 but is definitely possible

Consider yourself lucky, because those results aren't normal. You beat a car that had more hp and torque, and weighed less than you. The driver can make a big difference in the outcome also. Your 1/4 times are pretty good, but still short of stock LS1 territory. A stock LS1 should put a couple cars on a stock or nearly stock LT1.

1994Z28Lt1
12-07-2005, 02:10 AM
i know those results aren't normal i even stated that. i am not trying to argue the typical lt1 stock for stock is equivalent to the ls1 i am not that ignorant.

i was just stating some of my experiences with my car (which isn't typical) compared to some ls1 cars i have encountered. a good running lt1 such as the one i have, can run neck and neck with a mediocre running ls1 especially on street tires, driver experience/skill, and running on the street in general which is a heck of a lot different than running at the track

lets look at some numbers, my car puts down 270.9 hp and 314.4 ft/lbs of tq which is definitely a strong running nearly stock lt1 when compared to a mediocre running ls1 in the 280-290 hp range its really not that unbelievable that i can run with them and beat a select few

Redneck Z
12-07-2005, 02:33 AM
I agree with you. A weak LS1 should still pull the win, but if you drive well and the other guy doesn't, I could see you winning. I beat LS1's every once in awhile in my 4.6 GT, but it wasn't because I had the faster car. I drove well and/or got lucky, and they spun too much and didn't drive well, etc. Anything "can" happen.

noride
12-07-2005, 03:16 PM
i ran a lt1 last week on 595 in florida and gave him an ass kick like no other 98 ss

slowmofo
12-07-2005, 03:30 PM
holy old thread Batman

Car RamRod
12-07-2005, 03:38 PM
The original LT1 in the '92 vette was 300 hp. The option you're thinking of is the LT4, which was offered in '96 if memory serves me ... it used better heads, more cam timing, roller rockers and sequential fuel injection to make 330 hp. There was also the "Baby LT1," the 265 cid version that was the standard engine in the Caprice from 1994-‘96.

:)
I meant the origional lt1 as in the 1960s era engine.
I knew that the lt1 had been used for several years, but when did its life officially end?

x phantom x
12-08-2005, 01:55 AM
I meant the origional lt1 as in the 1960s era engine.
I knew that the lt1 had been used for several years, but when did its life officially end?

LT1 and LT-1 are completely different motors. So now which engine are you talking about in your above statement? That little dash (or lack of) does actually completely change the engine you're talking about.

darrensls1
12-09-2005, 12:47 PM
stock LS1 > stock LT1

This hasn't changed in the last 10 months.

That is all.

BeaversTA
12-09-2005, 07:17 PM
All I have to say is all you LS1 humpers are gay. I have owned both and yes the LS1 is faster but any thing can happen on the street. I beat LS1's all the time with my bolt on LT1. Should they beat me sure but things happen on the street. Oh and not all LS1's run low 13's, my friends 02 A4 Z28 ran a 9.0 @ 80 with a 2.1 60ft with a K&n and a cut out and my 96 A4 TA ran a 8.9@ 80 on a 2.0 60 ft. with a K&N and a cut out. The 01 A4 SS I had ran a 8.7@ 85 on a 2.1 60ft. They don't all run the same. You guys are the reason why I don't buy another LS1 I don't want to become a fag that thinks I drive the fastest car out there. Oh and yes I can afford one. I don't car how fast a car is at the track what it does on the street is a whole different game. Hell I got beat by a Neon in my 01 SS. As for dyno #'s not all LS1's put down 320rwhp.

SouthFL.02.SS
12-09-2005, 07:23 PM
All I have to say is all you LS1 humpers are gay. I have owned both and yes the LS1 is faster but any thing can happen on the street. I beat LS1's all the time with my bolt on LT1. Should they beat me sure but things happen on the street. Oh and not all LS1's run low 13's, my friends 02 A4 Z28 ran a 9.0 @ 80 with a 2.1 60ft with a K&n and a cut out and my 96 A4 TA ran a 8.9@ 80 on a 2.0 60 ft. with a K&N and a cut out. The 01 A4 SS I had ran a 8.7@ 85 on a 2.1 60ft. They don't all run the same. You guys are the reason why I don't buy another LS1 I don't want to become a fag that thinks I drive the fastest car out there. Oh and yes I can afford one. I don't car how fast a car is at the track what it does on the street is a whole different game. Hell I got beat by a Neon in my 01 SS. As for dyno #'s not all LS1's put down 320rwhp.

That's good! :jest:

Car RamRod
12-09-2005, 08:12 PM
LT1 and LT-1 are completely different motors. So now which engine are you talking about in your above statement? That little dash (or lack of) does actually completely change the engine you're talking about.
when I said
Also, wasnt the origional lt1 an optional corvette engine? Something like a 350ci with 335hp? I was refering to the late 60's vette engine, which I believe you are refering to as the LT-1.

When I asked about the service years of the lt1 however, I meant the recent engine found in the c4 corvette, 93-97 fbody's, etc. I know very well the differences between the 1990's era lt1, and the traditional sbc, Im just wondering about when the lt1 was officially dropped from the chevy lineup.

1994Z28Lt1
12-09-2005, 10:24 PM
97 was the last year it ended it's life in the f-bodies because the vette got the ls1 in 97

darrensls1
12-10-2005, 10:48 AM

LS1's are a half second faster. Sorry to hurt your feelings but it's true. But what is you take a M6 LT1 that was built on a Wednesday and driven by Evan Smith and race a 98 A4 ls1 with 2.73's and was built on a Monday? Well then you have a race that the LT1 can win. But guess what lies at the other end of that spectrum?

What if you have a 2002 M6 LS1 that was built on a Wednesday and driven by Evan Smith racing a 95 A4 with 2.73's and was built on a Monday? Well then you have close to a 2 second massacre on your hands. The LT1 guys never seem to want to talk about that potential match up. I wonder why?

But what if we were fair? Same transmissions, gears and driver skills. In most cases the LS1 is a mid 13 second car and the LT1 is a 14 second car. The LS1 is a solid half a second faster. Even a full second is often considered the higher end of "normal" in respects to stock vs stock.

It's nothing personal. It's just how it is. People like jaredwayt can't handle this and make up stories to try and make themselves feel better. But what he doesn't get is that you can admit other cars are faster and still feel good about what you drive. I know 03/04 Cobras, LS6's and LS7's all have my number. But I don't care. My little old LS1 is suiting me just fine.

x phantom x
12-10-2005, 11:14 AM
All I have to say is all you LS1 humpers are gay. I have owned both and yes the LS1 is faster but any thing can happen on the street. (Rest is garbage)....

Hey ... so what exactly is it that you're arguing with us "LS1 humpers" about? You agreed that the LS1 is faster, which is what everyone has been saying? We stated facts, we become "LS1 humpers" ... you stated the same fact, does that make you one too?

Hey, NEWS FLASH!!! A Z06 vette is faster than a GT Stang .... I must be an "LS6 Humper."

BeaversTA
12-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Gay LS1 humpers,
Apparently owning a LS1 also in pears your reading comprehension. Know one is arguing that LS1's are not faster except for you guys. It’s a fact 99 percent of the time we all know it. You guys keep skipping the fact that any thing can happen on the street. So yes his story could be true. Is it what happens 98 percent of the time? NO, but it could happen. Why can't yall accept this? It’s not that hard. I have beaten them at the track and on the street. Should I? NO, but shit happens. Deal with it!

darrensls1,
You just when't against every thing you guys have been saying when you said "But what is you take a M6 LT1 that was built on a Wednesday and driven by Evan Smith and race a 98 A4 ls1 with 2.73's and was built on a Monday? Well then you have a race that the LT1 can win. But guess what lies at the other end of that spectrum?"

So you now state that it could happen. What are you arguing about?

xphantomws6x,
I'm not arguing. I clearly stated that not all LS1's are a Half a second faster than every LT1. I even gave examples to prove my point. I then stated that any thing can happen on the street. This is when you become a LS1 humper and chose to ignore this fact. That's what keeps me from becoming a humper.

B.W.
12-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Gay LS1 humpers,
Apparently owning a LS1 also in pears your reading comprehension. Know one is arguing that LS1's are not faster except for you guys. It’s a fact 99 percent of the time we all know it. You guys keep skipping the fact that any thing can happen on the street. So yes his story could be true. Is it what happens 98 percent of the time? NO, but it could happen. Why can't yall accept this? It’s not that hard. I have beaten them at the track and on the street. Should I? NO, but shit happens. Deal with it!

darrensls1,
You just when't against every thing you guys have been saying when you said "But what is you take a M6 LT1 that was built on a Wednesday and driven by Evan Smith and race a 98 A4 ls1 with 2.73's and was built on a Monday? Well then you have a race that the LT1 can win. But guess what lies at the other end of that spectrum?"

xphantomws6x,
I'm not arguing. I clearly stated that not all LS1's are a Half a second faster than every LT1. I even gave examples to prove my point. I then stated that any thing can happen on the street. This is when you become a LS1 humper and chose to ignore this fact. That's what keeps me from becoming a humper.What is your native language? :jest: jk dude.

I think the point is that under certain conditions an LT1 can beat an LS1, but on the street it is a very low probability.

DAVESS02
12-10-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm a damn proud humper. In fact, everytime I flog mine, BOINGGGGG!!!!! :)

Car RamRod
12-10-2005, 10:12 PM
"But what is you take a M6 LT1 that was built on a Wednesday and driven by Evan Smith and race a 98 A4 ls1 with 2.73's and was built on a Monday? Well then you have a race that the LT1 can win. But guess what lies at the other end of that spectrum?"

He gave the lt1 best odds in all areas. Now he asked what would happen if the lt1 was at its least advantage, and the ls1 was given the best case scenarios of build quality, driver and the car itself.

Maybe if you didnt make such a big stand at calling people ls1 humpers people would listen to you, or atleast give you a chance to argue. Its worth a shot anyway.

x phantom x
12-11-2005, 01:39 AM
He gave the lt1 best odds in all areas. Now he asked what would happen if the lt1 was at its least advantage, and the ls1 was given the best case scenarios of build quality, driver and the car itself.

Maybe if you didnt make such a big stand at calling people ls1 humpers people would listen to you, or atleast give you a chance to argue. Its worth a shot anyway.

Seriously, judging by his posts, I am wondering if he even took the time to ACTUALLY READ the posts that have already been made (including the original one), or if he just saw a bunch of pages, and started calling people names ...

Btw beaver, before you start running your mouth about how people should brush up on their reading comprehension, why don't you try learning how to speak properly, instead of just making up random words and slapping them together with some insults .... just a thought.
:chug:

Redneck Z
12-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Gay LS1 humpers,

darrensls1,

xphantomws6x,
I'm not arguing. I clearly stated that not all LS1's are a Half a second faster than every LT1. I even gave examples to prove my point. I then stated that any thing can happen on the street. This is when you become a LS1 humper and chose to ignore this fact. That's what keeps me from becoming a humper.

I guess if owning an LS1 "in pears"( :jest: ) your reading comprehension.......then owning an LT1 impairs your ability to write. :jest:

darrensls1
12-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Gay LS1 humpers,
Apparently owning a LS1 also in pears your reading comprehension. Know one is arguing that LS1's are not faster except for you guys. It’s a fact 99 percent of the time we all know it. You guys keep skipping the fact that any thing can happen on the street. So yes his story could be true. Is it what happens 98 percent of the time? NO, but it could happen. Why can't yall accept this? It’s not that hard. I have beaten them at the track and on the street. Should I? NO, but shit happens. Deal with it!.

Did you even read the original post here?

Let me recap for you since you seemed to have missed it.

this kid in a 2000 t/a was talking some serious crap about how inferrior the lt1 was, well he was about to find out.he was a a4 with a slp lid.bellow and a set of loudmouth.keep in mind my car is stone stock with some bald ass good-years.

So we have a A4 LS1 with lid and catback. I say that's good for 13.3 @ 104 all day long. Then we have a 97 M6 LT1 that's "stone stock" on bald street tires. That should be good for say 13.9 @ 101.

so i wanted to race from atleast a 1st gear roll, so he gave me the hit, and not to my amaze i started pulling gradually to about 120.at the end i has a good 2-3 cars on him.

1st gear roll actually helps the LS1 here. This eliminates the only possible driving error that could have occured (smoking the tires on the launch). Any punch from 1-30 will downshift to first gear for the LS1 and he will pull hard from start to finish. Any lead the LT1 gained from him being given "the jump" would have been reeled back in by 100. By 120 there is no way in hell the LS1 isn't winning this race. So the claimed 2-3 car lead for that "stone stock" LT1 is complete and utter :bs:

You can yell and scream all you want about "anything can happen on the street" but in this case that does not apply. Why? Because (here is where I get to use those famous sayings M6 guys love to say about us A4's) any monkey can stab and steer an A4 from a low speed roll. No driving skill what-so-ever is needed so as long as his right leg isn't broken his car WILL be driven at full potential.

The LT1 on the other hand has lots of room for error. Miss shifts, granny shifting, losing traction from that low speed punch (he did say bald tires). Lots of room for error here but we are supposed to believe he can power shift with the best of them. Even if he did, he still loses this race since 100-120 is all about the LS1!

darrensls1,

No I didn't. I gave the best possible scenario which would make a good 1/4 mile race where the LT1 could get a win (but it would still be close). However you failed to see the rest of this problem. The race I quoted above went well beyong a 1/4 mile. They went to 120 which is a huge advantage for the LS1. But I notice you still don't want to talk about how a stock LS1 can be 2 seconds faster then a stock LT1. Why am I not surprised? Or how about the stock LS1's that are a full second faster? Or maybe the LS1's that are a solid half second faster?

But I like the LS1's chances against a stock LT1 since Evan Smith doesn't make a habit of racing our cars for us, most people can drive an A4 to it's full potential (or damn close to it) but most cannot come close to driving M6's to thier full potential.

I'm arguing that this race went well beyond a 1/4 mile. That's a win for the LS1 in this story every day of the week and twice on Sunday. And I'm arguing that you are just as likely to see a LS1 2 seconds faster then a stock LT1 as you are to see a stock LT1 keep up with and edge out a stock LS1. I'm arguing that in 99% of the cases the LS1 is faster. I'm arguing that some LT1 owners have a chip on thier shoulder and lie about races on the internet. I'm arguing that LS1 > LT1 in stock form.

And I'm arguing that you're a LT1 humper who forgot to read the original kill story and admit how unrealistic it sounds :jest:

METALBEAST
12-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Let this thread rest in peace people.

glennster
12-11-2005, 09:09 AM
I have seen a friends 2.73/a4/lid/catback 98 Z/28 go 14.0@99 over and over with no tire spin and no,its not running on 7 cylinders or junk.My M6 went 13.3@106.5 w/lid so theres a reference.Any thing can happen.

Car RamRod
12-11-2005, 09:14 AM
I have seen a friends 2.73/a4/lid/catback 98 Z/28 go 14.0@99 over and over with no tire spin and no,its not running on 7 cylinders or junk.My M6 went 13.3@106.5 w/lid so theres a reference.Any thing can happen.
Whats the elevation?

glennster
12-11-2005, 09:45 AM
damn near sea level and it was a fairly cool evening so the DA wasn't high.
I've seen quite a few auto cars go 13.6-14.0 right at 100.I know the standard is 13.3 and thats were my car was but not ALL LS1s run that number.Also my friends 2003 GT auto runs 14.3 @? same track.
I want a fox hatch.........

BeaversTA
12-11-2005, 12:03 PM
darrensls1,
I read the whole post. I also find it a little hard to believe. Having seen things like this happen on the street leads me to see the probability of it.

I don't know about you but when I go WOT in my A4 under 30mph I spin the shit out of my tires. Is this not what LS1's do? The one I had sure did. Hay maybe he is one of those guys who likes to manually shift his A4. There are variables that we don't know that can change the out come of the race. If you can't except this than your a LS1 humper. Maybe the LS1 had a cat in his lid.

So we agree that 99 percent of the time LS1's are faster. So you are also saying that there is a 1 percent chance that a LT1 could be faster. Again what are you arguing for you just proved my point?

How many people have to come on here and give examples on how not every LS1 is a second or even a half seconds faster for you to comprehend this? Yes LS1's shine at 100+ no one is arguing this, try a new point to arguing.

Oh and I'm not a LT1 humper, I can accept the fact that other cars can be beat me even thou they shouldn't.

Redneck Z
12-11-2005, 03:12 PM

This is obviously very atypical. 14.0 @ 99 @ sea level.... :eek2: Whether you new it or not, I'm sure the car had some issues that were holding it back.

x phantom x
12-11-2005, 05:44 PM
darrensls1,
I read the whole post. I also find it a little hard to believe. Having seen things like this happen on the street leads me to see the probability of it.

I don't know about you but when I go WOT in my A4 under 30mph I spin the shit out of my tires. Is this not what LS1's do? The one I had sure did. Hay maybe he is one of those guys who likes to manually shift his A4. There are variables that we don't know that can change the out come of the race. If you can't except this than your a LS1 humper. Maybe the LS1 had a cat in his lid.

So we agree that 99 percent of the time LS1's are faster. So you are also saying that there is a 1 percent chance that a LT1 could be faster. Again what are you arguing for you just proved my point?

How many people have to come on here and give examples on how not every LS1 is a second or even a half seconds faster for you to comprehend this? Yes LS1's shine at 100+ no one is arguing this, try a new point to arguing.

Oh and I'm not a LT1 humper, I can accept the fact that other cars can be beat me even thou they shouldn't.

"but but but, let's say there's a 1 percent chance blablabla"

Dude, just go away. :jest:

slowmofo
12-11-2005, 08:21 PM
an ls1 lost to a lt-1??? no f-ing way :eyes:

granted the "story" sounds like complete and utter BS

darrensls1
12-12-2005, 08:38 AM
darrensls1,

Spoken like a true LT1 humper.

I don't know about you but when I go WOT in my A4 under 30mph I spin the shit out of my tires. Is this not what LS1's do? The one I had sure did.

At 2 mph yes. At 29 mph no. First gear roll leads me to believe they probably went from around 20 mph. Unless this race happened on a gravel road, the A4 LS1 should have dead hooked. There is just not much zing from a 1800 stall with a 1.6 STR. When I was lid and exhaust only there was no problem dead hooking from any roll other then 0-5 mph.

IHay maybe he is one of those guys who likes to manually shift his A4. There are variables that we don't know that can change the out come of the race. If you can't except this than your a LS1 humper. Maybe the LS1 had a cat in his lid.

Maybe Jesus Christ decided he wanted the LT1 to win that day and blessed his motor? It could happen, right? Ok that is a little far fetched. But we can't sit here and make excuses for this guy. Odds are his motor is running fine and odds are he just mashed the gas and held on.

Then again the odds are good that we are talking about a fictional race that never actually took place.

That is incorrect. This was NOT a 1/4 mile race. From 20-120 the properly running lid and catback A4 LS1 wins every time. Every time.

You still don't seem to grasp the reality that the LS1 is a solid half second faster. We can't move on to new points until this one sinks into your head. All variables being equal, the LT1 is a solid and I do mean SOLID half second slower. And that is a kind estimate.

You definately are an LT1 humper. If you were not then you wouldn't be arguing in this thread. If you were not then you would have just said the story "sounded fishy" and left it at that. If you were not then you wouldn't be trying to defend liars just because the result pleases you. And if you were not then you wouldn't be calling LS1 owners "ls1 humpers" just because they call BS on someones BS.

You have a good day now.

unit213
12-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Get your comments in before the lock...

SouthFL.02.SS
12-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Get your comments in before the lock...

I like beer.

darrensls1
12-12-2005, 11:30 AM
I like hookers that bring me beer.

GR33N GoblinM6
12-12-2005, 11:43 AM
this maybe a dumb question...but another member pointed out that it might have been a V6...

are you sure you didnt race a lamb in wolfs clothing? meaning are you sure it wasnt a V6 made to look like a V8? did you ever actually see under his hood? are you sure the guy had it in drive and not 2nd?

BS story.. and you lied...

you also keep saying your car will put down 275 to the wheels.. umm.. hate to tell you this, 3 months ago a 97 SS M6 came into my friends Dyno shop, had K&N CAI, shorty headers and 3" exhaust... he put down 278 RWHP

2000 SILVERADO
12-12-2005, 04:46 PM
LM7 > LS1 > LT1 OK, you can lock it now, lol.