Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Fun with local tuners

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 03:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fun with local tuners

I ran into some of the local import tuners tonight. You know, the ones who actually can build a car. We shot the **** for a lil while, then went off to the spot to race.

First up was a 98-ish AWD Eclipse. I don't know what the exact specs are on the car, but he was running 25 psi on race gas.

No one had a tire gauge, so I didn't want to let any air out of the Nittos, so they were sitting at 30psi. I burned 'em down and then pulled up to the line. We went from a dig and I went up in smoke on the first run. I couldn't hook for **** and wound up spinning halfway down the road. I scrapped that run. We went again, and I found some traction. He still got the jump on me by about two cars, but by the end of where we were racing, my front bumper was at his door. We both held in it a little too far and barely stopped. My brakes instantly faded, 'cause we were going about 125 or so. I slid across some railroad tracks (straight, thank God ), and we turned around. That was it for the drag racing. I tried to get him to go from a roll, but he wouldn't do it. So I lost to a AWD Eclipse from a dig...

Next up was a Civic Si with a 8psi turbo. This guy knows his ****. It dynoed at 299 whp, 281 wtq. Put that up against my heavy car and you got a race. Every local import guy knows this Civic, and they all worship it.
We went from a 60 roll. Three honks and I punched it. I instantly pulled a carlength, we ran up to 130, and he was still right on my ***. I estimate that he was about two cars back at 130. We were gonna go from a 100 kick, but the police presence increased, and we decided that it was time for everyone to go home. Maybe some other time...

All in all, a good night. I got some respect from the local tuners, who thought that I was all talk , and I made some cool new friends.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great night man! Good kill on the Civic.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate how they're called "Tuners". It just sounds retarded. What would we be called: "Modifiers"?
Old 03-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Teching In

I love it. All the time, $$money$$, and perfomance parts that go into those imports.....all to hang with a lightly modded LS1.

I would have to say...Good Kills
Old 03-13-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
I hate how they're called "Tuners". It just sounds retarded. What would we be called: "Modifiers"?
gear heads last I checked...
Old 03-13-2005, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't wanna call them ricers, 'cause they're all cool guys, and they don't do typical ricer things. The guy in the Civic admitted defeat and told me that I had a nice car.

I like gear head; it has a nice ring to it.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:10 PM
12 Second Club

Those guys probably hate ricers just as much as we do!
Old 03-13-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good kill. As many on this site will tell you it's not the car that make them ricers it's their actions. I cant wait for the weather to get nice up here. It's looking like maybe mid JUNE lol.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:51 AM
Launching!

put a power adder on that beast and watch their jaw drop! We have many of these "tuner" guys here in DC running 20-35 psi on their DSMs with race gas, they will fork over some cash though and give you a run for your $$

Nice death/ kill!
Old 03-14-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

They sound like the guys around my area. Import tuners but really cool peeps just the same.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
They sound like the guys around my area. Import tuners but really cool peeps just the same.

I'm a owner of a 2000 t/a ram air and a 96 mitsubishi eclipse body kit, rim and more... Ever since a brought my t/a in december I never found not one racer imports or domestics (meaning in t/a) must be my bad luck or just my 5.7 liter car. lol louisiana