Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

HMMMM Still can't drive trading car for a Honda!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HMMMM Still can't drive trading car for a Honda!

Just Kidding

Went to PIR first and best run (with 40psi in the rear tires found out later) ran a 13.08 at 111. I've been practicing my launch all week and actually have it down, I get out in front of my old WS6 by a couple of car lengths 3 times in a row. Only problem is when I shift into 2 the car just spins and I guess I was so amped about the launches that I just punched it in second

I do feel alot more comfortable, not like racing the old 93 just yet but getting there. I spin SOOOO Freaking bad in 2nd that I have no doubt the car is capible of MUCH MUCH better times.

So I'm ordering a line lock and going to use some 315/17 DR's on ZR1 wheel next time (Thanks Chris!) Hopefully I can learn how to drive.

I did hit 130 at the end of the track after a run that I missed 3rd on and was like screw it I'm going to enjoy this

Oh well. The Viper ACR GTS with headers, no cats, and borla exaust ran a 12.12 and another Z06 with LG's and tuning ran a 12.23 on the F1's!!! Almost wanted to ask him to drive my car!!!

If the DR's don't work I'm going to buy some mid 80's 16 inch wheel and do the ET streets or even wrinkle walls I'm tired of just spinning my wheels

I think with traction, headers, and cam I may have a fast car
Old 03-14-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Man, I am by no means and expert but I would invest in more seat time than I would in mods. $1000 in mods will not make you faster when you have a low 12 car already. Practicing on the street for an event is not the same as the strip either. I am going to go to the strip next time myself and know that I will be disappointed. Not in the speed but in the times because I do suck. Look at the times I got below with the mods I had. Should have been mid to low 12's but it was the driver. Keep the chin up and point to me as being the greatest at getting the least out of the best!!
Old 03-14-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Junkie

LOL my 01 WS6 has you beat player sorry, I only got a 13.01 out of it. The new owner can't drive either but he did get 12.99 on his last run. That should car should be in the 11's with the power it is putting to the ground. I had a 415+rwhp car with drag radials and I couldn't BREAK into the 12's!!!

So I think I still have you beat as the worst driver I hear you a 100%, in fact I'm going to do the line lock and Nittos before the cam I think just to get some more practice. I was REALLY I mean REALLY impressed with my launches, now I just need to get my foot off the gas in the shift to second. I can get out of the hole and to the 1st gear redline with minimal spinning which as you know is VERY hard!

Thanks for the pep talk though Really I figured low 13's my first trip out but it was so low that 12's felt really close, I think if I could get more than 3 runs in 5 hours in I could get a little better. Looking forward to Woodburn opening, you can hot lap on friday night drags!

Side note my front air damn trips the staging lights its so low really screwed me up on my first run!
Old 03-14-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, I feel like I went through and Oprah experience with you. No, I suck! No, no I do!! Okay, I will conceed. If you cannot beat my old hotcam times of 12.9 at 113mph in your Z then you do suck worst than I (at least I hope). I feel confident that I will at least break into the mid 12's with mine stock. After hearing you I think I should be worried.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:06 AM
TECH Junkie

LOL, the guy running 12.23's on the F1's had them down to 22 and did a pretty good burn out just an FYI.

Yeah if you can get traction 12's should be pretty easy, even if you ran exactly like me you would be in the 12's with the 20 more HP.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

would you guys like me to take a few passes in your cars so you can have good numbers
Old 03-14-2005, 07:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
would you guys like me to take a few passes in your cars so you can have good numbers
You are SO cruel Ellis.....
Old 03-14-2005, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1
Just Kidding

So I'm ordering a line lock and going to use some 315/17 DR's on ZR1 wheel next time (Thanks Chris!) Hopefully I can learn how to drive.

I did hit 130 at the end of the track after a run that I missed 3rd on and was like screw it I'm going to enjoy this

If the DR's don't work I'm going to buy some mid 80's 16 inch wheel and do the ET streets or even wrinkle walls I'm tired of just spinning my wheels

I think with traction, headers, and cam I may have a fast car

You will love the line lock, they rock.

Did you just keep giong to after the quarter to hit 130? I hope, if not You just cant drive. Not trying to be mean but if you traped 130, you should be in the mid10's, low 11's

With sticky tires comes broken stock rear end.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by sardog46
You will love the line lock, they rock.

Did you just keep giong to after the quarter to hit 130? I hope, if not You just cant drive. Not trying to be mean but if you traped 130, you should be in the mid10's, low 11's

With sticky tires comes broken stock rear end.

Yeah I just kept going then had to slam on the brakes not real hard. PIR drag strip is part of the straight on the speedway so you have a pretty long run off after the quarter is done. I was pretty pissed cause that would have been a good run if I wouldn't have screwed up the shift

Stupid now that I think about it only reason I mentioned it is that is the fastest I've gotten it so far. It does have very good brakes Luckily

Last edited by 93TAWicked1; 03-14-2005 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Ok cool, i thought you said you were crossing the traps at 130, and was like damn, thats 4 miles per hour faster than me With some better tires and some seat time you should be able to run some good times.

Quick Reply: HMMMM Still can't drive trading car for a Honda!