Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Brown can be good.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brown can be good.

Just received my QTP headers and catted Y-pipe... and my UD pulley....
Old 03-21-2005, 08:37 AM
10 Second Club

YEAH BABY!!! That will make a nice improvement for you Nick.

I need to talk to Ellis about that pulley. You're having him do a cam, yes? Most likely he will want to do the double roller chain too.....and that gear doesn't fit right with the ASP pulleys. There is a fix for it tho.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool stuff!

Brown doesn't stop by my house until about 5 pm and the driver knows they are car parts that I could have installed that day had he come in the morning. That blows.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:30 AM
TECH Addict

You'll love these headers I couldn't be happier with mine, NO issues whatsoever. They fit perfectly, tuck up nicely etc. They also polish up quite nicely once you sand the die marks out of them from being bent.

Good luck with putting the passenger side spark plug back in though ........
Old 03-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Awesome!
Old 03-21-2005, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6freak
Just received my QTP headers and catted Y-pipe... and my UD pulley....
Who makes the pully ASP?

If it is a word of caution, make shure you tourqe that thing down real well and put some locktight on it, along with a new bolt, or you could watch that thing spin off at 7000 rpm while racing a vette
Old 03-21-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sardog46
Who makes the pully ASP?

If it is a word of caution, make shure you tourqe that thing down real well and put some locktight on it, along with a new bolt, or you could watch that thing spin off at 7000 rpm while racing a vette
Story please !
Old 03-21-2005, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racehead
Story please !
Agreed! Please do share Jason.....
Old 03-21-2005, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Agreed! Please do share Jason.....

Ok I guess, kind of embarasing.

So after one of the many long nights of too much beer, and no sleep, we get done with the forth cam swap in my car, at like 4 am. Crank the car up and decide to go for a ride. Well we drive around for like an hour just raising hell, when we pull up to a stoplight and then the 03 vette pulls up and this old guy leans out the window, and says nice car, Fraser looks over at him and says the same, but adds the fact that its still slow, so the guy looks back and says he has 1000$ that says i will never hang with him, so i look over and say your on, reach over an dhit the purge button, That guy looked like he almost had a heart attack.

Let me paint you guys a pic, my car sitting on slicks and akinnies, grease and dirt still all over the front end, sitting at a light next to a pretty red vette that is completly stock. And this old guy thinking my car is a slow piece of **** or that i can't drive or it's just for show. DUMBASS.

So the light turns green and i come off the line at about 5k and dead hook, car stands em up, and takes off just like it does on the bottle, i look in the rearview and the guy in the vette is blowin the tires off, hit second, still pulling further away, hit third, and then all of a sudden hit 6K+ getting ready to go into fourth and nail the coofin shut, not like it wasent already, but then this horably sound like i just ran over a big rock, look in the rearveiw, to see the balencer and the belt rolling back tworad the vette. It all happend so quick i dont even think i let out off it for another couple of seconds, Fraser looks at me and we both go Oh ****, and pull over. The vette guy turns in behind us and gets out of the car, and says, god damn that thing is fast and looks like i need to give you guys some money, would you follow me to the bank? Stupid old people, i know vettes are fast but come on, trans am, slicks and skinnies, shakking from a nasty cam, what are you thinking. But oh well got some money out of it.

Got home after running for a minute, shutting down to cool off, all the way home. Took like an hour. Looked at the damage, and found out the crank was stripped out, now threads anywhere ****. big dents in the crossmember, exhaust, and muffler, no big deal. Ended up replaceing the crank bolt with a 3/4 inch fine thread grade 8 bolt, and lots of locktight!
The balancer was so fucked up would have made an ugly paperweight. the aluminum center was so big the balancer would just slide on the crank. ended up buying a fluidampner, keying the crnk and have never looked back.

Morel of the story, when you pull a all nighter, sleep for a little bit and then check everything one more time before you race for money

Also i will never buy a ablencer with an alluminum center section
Old 03-21-2005, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

ouch, like you said at least you got some money out of it...

that reminds me... any pics of those parts you twisted at the track last time? (torque arm and stuff)
Old 03-21-2005, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rookiels1
ouch, like you said at least you got some money out of it...

that reminds me... any pics of those parts you twisted at the track last time? (torque arm and stuff)
Sory had them all fixed before i even thought about taking pics. It wasn't the tourqe arm, it was the sway bar and the lower control arm, was bent in the middle on the drivers side and the bolt in the back was tweaked. But some solid billingsly stuff will fix that. hopefully i will make the race at bremerton on the 26th.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:18 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Brown has been making quite a few visits to my house lately. Purple is going to love it, too.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Veteran

If that dude actually gave u a grand he is either Bill gates - rich or stupid as ****............I NEVER woulda said that much or pulled over & offered to pay it......of course, I know the diff between junk and a cammed TA
Old 03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rottluver
If that dude actually gave u a grand he is either Bill gates - rich or stupid as ****............I NEVER woulda said that much or pulled over & offered to pay it......of course, I know the diff between junk and a cammed TA
i didn't think he would pay up eathier, but sometimes you get lucky. He was pretty cool, but yes he had a whole lot of money. told me later that his 911 turbo would destroy me, and gues what never heard from him again.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sardog46
i didn't think he would pay up eathier, but sometimes you get lucky. He was pretty cool, but yes he had a whole lot of money. told me later that his 911 turbo would destroy me, and gues what never heard from him again.
I am amazed he paid.....congrats dude, you scored (just hope the grand covered the repairs)

Me thinks that 911 turbo talk was pride trying to cover humilation..........
Old 03-21-2005, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Mark, it's an ASP and it will be a single chain. As you guys know, I don't go to the track but........................... of course I don't want to see a hole on the side of my car from where the pulley became a flying saucer.

Ellis is da-man I'm sure he'll work his magic on Orange Monster.

I also ordered new chrome-moly pushrods, new lifters and the cam and heads are next as soon as the heads go on GP (this week I hope).

It's gonna happen finally!
Old 03-21-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Mark, it's an ASP and it will be a single chain. As you guys know, I don't go to the track but........................... of course I don't want to see a hole on the side of my car from where the pulley became a flying saucer.

Ellis is da-man I'm sure he'll work his magic on Orange Monster.

I also ordered new chrome-moly pushrods, new lifters and the cam and heads are next as soon as the heads go on GP (this week I hope).

It's gonna happen finally!

Can I hate you without it affecting how we get along? It is really just jealousy.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

No, I hate you now 'cause you keep all over my keyboard....
Old 03-21-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

No, I hate you now 'cause you keep all over my keyboard....
Too much information

Sweet setup man, you need to come down here so we can get pics of my old SOM next to yours maybe make it into the calander. Mine was supposed to be but I sold it right after they asked me
Old 03-21-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Brown has been making quite a few visits to my house lately. Purple is going to love it, too.

Man that thing is going to be so freakin bad ***... Kinda funny to cause at the dyno day when we met you weren't blinging... you had a neat car don't get me wrong but it didn't have the bling factor. Look forward to checking it out this summer

Yeah the UPS and Fedex guys know be by name and knock on the garage first cause they know I'm expecting them. Funny when your driving on the other side of town and they are waving at your

Quick Reply: Brown can be good.