Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Elgin Area Burnouts **PLEASE READ**

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elgin Area Burnouts **PLEASE READ**

I want to **** my neighbors off so I thought I'd start by promoting burnouts in the street in front of my house. I live in the Elgin area near Route 20 and Route 25. If anyone is interested in helping me out please PM me for directions. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Hahaha that's pretty funny.

Elgin is in the northern part of Illinois, right? If it were close, I'd be down.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Launching!

I guess it should be asked....what did you neighbors do, to want to **** them off?
Old 03-23-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hmmmm, tempting. I'll think about it once I get the car out of hibernation.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

My neighbors have actually been nice to me except they bitch about my car being to loud sometimes. They're going to like it even more when I pull up with my cut out open. I just picked up a QTP cutout today. I already started burning out a little. I have an annual 4th of July bash at my house so maybe I'll turn that into a 4th of July bash/burn out contest. I live near Elgin High School.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Why would you want to further antagonize your neighbors if they're nice? Sounds like all you'll accomplish is making the neighbors think you're a jerk, further perpetuate the stereotype that F-body drivers are wreckless and obnoxious, and possibly get the cops called on you and whomever else is participating.

Burnouts and blaring the exhaust is fun, but there's a time and a place when it isn't really appropriate. Do what ya' gotta do to have fun, but realize it might come with some consequences. When they petition the city to install speed humps on your street (as is being done in Chicago...), or take out their frustration with some revenge on your car, you'll maybe realize that it's better to have a peaceful environment. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
Why would you want to further antagonize your neighbors if they're nice? Sounds like all you'll accomplish is making the neighbors think you're a jerk, further perpetuate the stereotype that F-body drivers are wreckless and obnoxious, and possibly get the cops called on you and whomever else is participating.

Burnouts and blaring the exhaust is fun, but there's a time and a place when it isn't really appropriate. Do what ya' gotta do to have fun, but realize it might come with some consequences. When they petition the city to install speed humps on your street (as is being done in Chicago...), or take out their frustration with some revenge on your car, you'll maybe realize that it's better to have a peaceful environment. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:39 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I have to agree with most of this too.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:26 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Why would you want to further antagonize your neighbors if they're nice?........Do what ya' gotta do to have fun, but realize it might come with some consequences. When they petition the city to install speed humps on your street (as is being done in Chicago...), or take out their frustration with some revenge on your car, you'll maybe realize that it's better to have a peaceful environment. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Yep, I learned this as well. Back when I was a kid in high school I could have cared less about upsetting the neighbors with my cars. But with time, I learned that it really works to your advantage to try and keep things as civil as possibile with the neighborhood, otherwise things will only get worse.

I find that going a little out of your way to be nice to the neighbors goes a long way towards them overlooking a lot of things they might otherwise complain about. Just my personal experiance.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally just ignore anything my neighbors say.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Launching!

If I was a teenager or even in my twenties Id be there with you burning up the street. After 37 years on Earth my advice is take it easy man. Try not to intentionally **** people off.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:42 PM
wrencher

My suggestion would be the same, try to keep the peace w/ the neighbors. Next time they crab about your loud car, offer your services to "mod" their caravan to sound the same!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

i find it funny that 5 of your last 9 posts involve burnouts.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

I've lived a very sheltered life. I'm very easily ammused by burnouts. I go through a set of tires every 1,000 miles. well....maybe if I'm lucky I'll get 2,000 miles.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

i caught a fish THIS big.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Hey neighbor! LOL I live just off 25 & Golf (Summit, 58)
I'm all for burnouts & nice sounding domestic machine, but please at least be somewhat respectful & don't do this crap at 2 or 3am. Middle of the day, fine. A few of my A$$hole neighbors roll up with their junk rattling apart blasting some Mexican Polka sounding crap and I sure don't want to hear that at 2am.
So anyways.....pm me your address
Old 03-25-2005, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLP CARS '98
I want to **** my neighbors off so I thought I'd start by promoting burnouts in the street in front of my house. I live in the Elgin area near Route 20 and Route 25. If anyone is interested in helping me out please PM me for directions. Thanks.
haha thats funny, i'll be there if you can offer no arrest and my car wont be taken. Also i know this is off the topic what tires do you have on that car? and what color is it?
Old 03-25-2005, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

There's nothing to worry about. Your car won't be taken or anything like that. I'll be burning out at the same time. My car is a white SS with T-tops and I have BF Goodrich G-Force drag radials. I also have chrome ZR1's. I have a buddy with some 10 spokes that need a couple worn out tires mounted on. I should be recieving those soon and will be burning them off in my street.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLP CARS '98
There's nothing to worry about. Your car won't be taken or anything like that. I'll be burning out at the same time. My car is a white SS with T-tops and I have BF Goodrich G-Force drag radials. I also have chrome ZR1's. I have a buddy with some 10 spokes that need a couple worn out tires mounted on. I should be recieving those soon and will be burning them off in my street.
cool, i know who you are... i put those tires on for you, i can remember when you first bought that thing it was sweet.. we should meet up sometime, im always looking for some f-bodys to cruise with in the summer can't find too many around the elgin area.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sunset01SS
Hey neighbor! LOL I live just off 25 & Golf (Summit, 58)
I'm all for burnouts & nice sounding domestic machine, but please at least be somewhat respectful & don't do this crap at 2 or 3am. Middle of the day, fine. A few of my A$$hole neighbors roll up with their junk rattling apart blasting some Mexican Polka sounding crap and I sure don't want to hear that at 2am.
So anyways.....pm me your address
LOL, just like good ol elgin, never seen a orange f-body though i'll have to keep my eyes open, im driving a black Z with TT's and out of state plates and Dark Tints!!

Quick Reply: Elgin Area Burnouts **PLEASE READ**