Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Ever wonder

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ever wonder

Argh so this asian lady totally ran a red light doing about 45-50mph on hwy99 as I was about to turn left on there (but the sun was shining in my eyes so I didn't see the green right away). Sometimes I wonder if it would've benefited me at all had I seen it on time and been t-boned by her... Pay off the car maybe get enough to get an 05 gto from settlements.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rookiels1
Argh so this asian lady totally ran a red light doing about 45-50mph on hwy99 as I was about to turn left on there (but the sun was shining in my eyes so I didn't see the green right away). Sometimes I wonder if it would've benefited me at all had I seen it on time and been t-boned by her... Pay off the car maybe get enough to get an 05 gto from settlements.
Yhea but the time and pain in the hospitital might not
Old 03-23-2005, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sardog46
Yhea but the time and pain in the hospitital might not
Yeah but I was thinkin a t-bone impact where the impacting vehicle is traveling at that speed. most likely would be some sort of injury most likely to the back. And since I'd just started that job at home depot doing warehouse/freight work I most likely wouldn't have been able to continue doing that. Wonder what kind of settlement I would've been able to get from the insurance company for that had it happened.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Yeah but I was thinkin a t-bone impact where the impacting vehicle is traveling at that speed. most likely would be some sort of injury most likely to the back. And since I'd just started that job at home depot doing warehouse/freight work I most likely wouldn't have been able to continue doing that. Wonder what kind of settlement I would've been able to get from the insurance company for that had it happened.
Take it from experience, you really don't want to find out. Even if you get a decent cash settlement, your body will never be the same again. It is like aging 15 years in the blink of an eye.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

You hit her, she looses control, hits a person walking, kills that person, it just can be any scenero.

The person may get out of the car not hurt, pull a gun because they are high or something, bang, you are dead.

I understand what your trying to say.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Loves to change spark plugs

Not Worth It!

I'm still having back troubles years after a glancing hit when a Honduh pulled out in front of me on 99E south of Oregon City. I hit her doing about 45.

Most folks suffer effects from auto accidents for years, and they often get worse with age and arthritis.

Glad you did not get hit!!

Settlements by insurance companies are determined a lot by your income, credit rating, race, and debt. A low income Hispanic will get less for injuries than a middle income white person with identical injuries. A disgusting Fact of life. My wife has worked in this field for 13 years and you would be surprised by what goes on.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah I'm glad I didn't get hit just made me wonder what if I had... (hell I even found a brand new black 05 6-spd GTO for 31,999 in spokane at a dealer )
Old 03-23-2005, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Yeah I'm glad I didn't get hit just made me wonder what if I had... (hell I even found a brand new black 05 6-spd GTO for 31,999 in spokane at a dealer )
If you are willing to go to Spokane, go a little farther, I beat that price by $800 in Kellogg, ID. About 45 more minutes East. Tax rate is lower there too
Old 03-23-2005, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by burbman
If you are willing to go to Spokane, go a little farther, I beat that price by $800 in Kellogg, ID. About 45 more minutes East. Tax rate is lower there too
I'm not too worried about it... can't get one right now anyways... and when I do I'll just call up a couple of my dealership buddies to get a copy of the invoice of the car I'm lookin at faxed over as a bargaining chip. Found out from a buddy of mine that works in fleet at a ford dealer that he can usually just call and get an invoice from another dealer (even if it's a different make ie pontiac, subaru) most of the time.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Launching!

I'm not too worried about it... can't get one right now anyways... and when I do I'll just call up a couple of my dealership buddies to get a copy of the invoice of the car I'm lookin at faxed over as a bargaining chip. Found out from a buddy of mine that works in fleet at a ford dealer that he can usually just call and get an invoice from another dealer (even if it's a different make ie pontiac, subaru) most of the time.
If you want, and when you are ready, they happened to leave their sheet in my car that lists invoice price as well as estimated holdbacks on the car. could be worth a few $ at the barganing table.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by burbman
If you want, and when you are ready, they happened to leave their sheet in my car that lists invoice price as well as estimated holdbacks on the car. could be worth a few $ at the barganing table.
hehe if only people who bought Ford SuperDuties at MSRP (or even $2k below MSRP) knew how much invoice and holdback was lol. (sometimes as much as $6-7k below MSRP)
Old 03-23-2005, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

As a person who lives with a deteriorating back condition every day....it's NOT worth it!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
As a person who lives with a deteriorating back condition every day....it's NOT worth it!!!
And here I thought you mind was the only thing deteriorating..............
Old 03-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Launching!

yea its not worth it, my wife got t boned over a year ago and it still hurts quite a bit all the time, and the lawyer gets a third of the settlement. as for buying a gto, thats where the GM supplier discount comes in

Quick Reply: Ever wonder