Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

nice and competent chicago near north area dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nice and competent chicago near north area dealers?

i need to take my car in to get the a/c serviced, i think my compressor went bad...

i gotta say i'd almost rather have a hot summer than worry that my rig is in some careless yahoos hands...

can any of you guys who live in the near north chicago area reco any good dealers for me to take my car too? i'd take it to the dealer i bought it from, but its all the way up in woodstock, il and also a (gasp) ford dealership...

thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

There is a guy named Ryan? I think user name smoke_ford and he works at Jennings Chevrolet in Glenview. Maybe call him up.

Franko at Lattof Chevy is solid too. Nice guy.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:26 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
There is a guy named Ryan? I think user name smoke_ford and he works at Jennings Chevrolet in Glenview. Maybe call him up.

Franko at Lattof Chevy is solid too. Nice guy.

I don't think Ryan still works there John, I think he moved out of state for awhile.

I like Jennings. Lattof is good too. Usually I go to Jennings since it's much closer to me. I just had Jennings replace the A/C compressor in my Bonneville last summer, they did a great job. I've been going there for many years for all kinds of repairs (even the body shop) that I didn't want to or couldn't do myself and always been happy with the service and quality.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

anything closer to downtown tho? i live at western and lawrence, just kinda like something more local and accessable. i know there have to be dealers around my area and all i have to do is look them up...

i know i'm lazy...

regardless, thanks alot guys, i appreciate it.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i work at a dealer and might be able to have one of my guys do it on the side when my boss is not around. you just want the a/c checked and charged or what ??

give me the info and maybe we can work something out
Old 04-01-2005, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

I'm out west at Horizon Chevrolet in Naperville... Sean Drane is a good guy. (Service Mgr.)

www.horizonchevrolet.com
Old 04-01-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had some great Customer Service at Napelton Pontiac in Schaumburg.... they used to be harbour pontiac (CS sucked) but since they were bought out, they've really turned around
Old 04-01-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gavspurplez
i work at a dealer and might be able to have one of my guys do it on the side when my boss is not around. you just want the a/c checked and charged or what ??

give me the info and maybe we can work something out

it lunched out last summer on a roadtrip, i took it to a dealer in colorado to get checked out and the guy said it was a bad condensor or compressor, i forget which it was... so yea, i need it checked out. the guy did recharge it, and it was gone in a couple days.

i woulda had it fixed there, but i was already about 5 hours behind and had to be in kansas the next day.

to top it off, i have a stinkin ford used vehicle warrantee. the gm dealer in denver seemed to be able to claim it, but i dunno if thats normal policy since my friend worked there and hooked me up.

Last edited by badhoopty; 04-01-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i work at a chrysler dealer, drive a chevy and have a toyota warranty

all they do is call the claims # and file a claim, and the warranty company tells them if the component is covered or not.

the compressor is what the accessory belt drives, so if it locked up i think you would know it. the condensor is the "radiator" like thing in the front. the condensor might have a leak, which is where all of the freon went. let me know, maybe i can get it looked at for ya