Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Racing school pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racing school pics

First, let me tell you what Don told the class about the facility. The owners are looking at a potential contract that will turn some of their property into a gravel pit. The contract would be worth $6m. With that money they will pay off all debts and refurbish the entire facility. The goal is to not only be a big drag race place but also lure in road racing events from some of the bigger series. He was very optimistic about it too. I would guess that he would not have told that to the class if it were not true. Now, on to the pics by the site photographer. Notice the amount of water on the track in some of them.

http://studio819.smugmug.com/gallery/460050
Old 04-01-2005, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome pics, I especially like #16, looks like you are cornering pretty hard! Too bad they make that big "proof" banner over the samples.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:09 AM
On The Tree

Nice pics! That's good news on the track front.

[rant]Even better news is Don got a new photographer! The guy last year probably took several hundred pics of me. I only ended up getting one. Kept waiting all year for them to show up on his website...they never did. Now his website is gone. Looks like the new guy is really on the job! [/rant]
Old 04-01-2005, 07:43 AM
10 Second Club

Nice pics! Looks like you had a blast Eric. Do they give those to you as part of the deal? Or are those extras that you can buy if you want to? I need to look into my crystal ball & start planning for this.

And that is pretty good news about the track....I guess. Whenever they sell part of a race track I worry. It usuall marks the beginning of the end. But if they actually take that money & put it back into what's left of the facility, it WILL be much nicer for all of us.

And the hidden good part, with a gravel pit there, how can anyone compalin about noise or polution coming from the races?
Old 04-01-2005, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

car looks good eric, even racing. I want i ride around that track.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Those are some killer pictures, Eric. It looks like you had a blast even with the wet pavement.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

The video of his runs is even better, but not as good as the eye candy at hooters where we met for a quick lunch today.

Yowsa, the new talent there is very easy on the eyes.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Hey they didn't offer me pics of my car when I went ? Probably too scarey I wish a had a few "on track" pics to show, yours look good All I have it just some pit pics that I took myself. I DO have a few pics of mine and Boyce's cars side by side in the pits which turned out pretty well .
Old 04-01-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome Pictures! They'd make Great Posters!
Old 04-03-2005, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

The photographer goes to different points on the track and tacks pics. Kinda like the the ones doing the drag strip photos last year but only better. Lucky for me, my brother-in-law (who is insane because he races bikes professionally on Lugana Sega) hid under a tree during the down pour and kept the camera rolling. I had a great time and cannot wait to go again. I was running some of the go it alone guys down in the rain. Go big or stay home!
Old 04-03-2005, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

I can't wait to take that class. Definitely going to need to buy some Toyos for the back first. Or a BIG box of Depends if I do it with these Nittos on.

Quick Reply: Racing school pics