Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Woodburn 4/15 dragraces anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Woodburn 4/15 dragraces anyone?

I am planning to be in Woodburn (Oregon,) next friday, 4/15, (weather permitting.)
I am going with a guy from work who goes almost every week. It should be lots of fun. I' going to make a couple of passes down the track, and see what kind of times I can get. Yes-it may be fun to watch and laugh at me, it will be my first time on the dragstrip. My friend lent me his G-tech to practice before I go, so hopefully I won't embarrass myself too badly.
I'd love the chance to meet some people, and check out some other cool cars, etc.. I hope some of you decide to be there.

Later,

Maximental
Old 04-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Weather permitting is the key. I've thought about it. Is that the opening for friday night drags? What all do you need? Just a helmet right?
Old 04-14-2005, 11:48 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like rain
Old 04-14-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think they are open on Fridays yet I have the schedule right here and the first Friday night drags is 5/27 (which I SHOULD be at )

PIR has been open for a few weeks on Friday nights. That would be sweet if they changed the schedule I enjoy Fridays at Woodburn!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Default The schedule..

The reason I thought they would be open is because a guy I work with went a couple of times last month. I had the impression that this was an every weekend thing, regardless of whatever else they have going on. Apparently, if it's not specifically listed on the schedule, then it's a no go.
PIR is starting the late nights this weekend. We'll see if it gets rained out. I have seen the forecasts, and the satelite pix.. I am still hopeful. This is Oregon, right.
I went to Beaverton this evening to get my SLP rear swaybar and bushings, and the weather was cold, but beautiful. If that will hold for another 24 hours or so, I'm golden. I'll take whatever I can get.
I came back on the twisty roads, and man, the new custom tune I put in my PCM with my Predator a few days ago is absolutely awesome!
I can not imagine my car running any better than it does now. I am happy.

Happy motoring,

Maximental
Old 04-15-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn dude I live in Beaverton I would have like to check out your Goat..Woodburn has stuff going on Saturdays and Sundays
Old 04-15-2005, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Yep, first street legal drags on Friday, May 27 according to my schedule. I would like to make a few this year. I've only run a couple of passes at Woodburn.

Me and the boys (teenagers) try to go to 2-3 races a year there also........
Old 04-15-2005, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

Cool There'll be more weekends.

I will post stuff when I plan to go to Woodburn later this summer.
I am still thinking that Portland might be a go tonight. If the rain will just hold off long enough.
I'm going to put in my swaybar, and the driveshaft loop today regardless. We'll just see what happens.
If the weather hold off I will be @ the races. You are welcome to come over and say howdy. My car is hard to miss, if you know what you're lookin' for.

Later,

Maximental
Attached Thumbnails Woodburn 4/15 dragraces anyone?-im000260-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Woodburn 4/15 dragraces anyone?