Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Firehawk vs. Bentley Continental GT HIGH SPEED :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Firehawk vs. Bentley Continental GT HIGH SPEED :)

At about 1:00 a.m. late night Sunday The Woman and I drove down to the News Cafe on South Beach for a banana split and to spy some exotics (populuar thing to do down here ). We pass a "rosy red" (Brenda's description) Continental GT while cruising the beach and I remarked how I would love to whoop up on one of those

A half an hour later we finish our SB cruise and head back towards 95 with thoughts of the GT long gone. Ten minutes up the highway I see a couple of sports cars FLYIN' up from behind racing each other I tell Brenda to get ready and they fly by us at ~+150 mph We're traveling at 70 mph and I drop to 2nd in order to attempt to catch up to them.

Imagine my surprise when I see it's the "Rosy Red" Bentley from SB racing another Black Bentley Continental GT Frickin' SCHWEEET!!! These guys are drivin' like maniacs with traffic all around so I back off.

I notice the Red one hits the Turnpike and I pursue from about ~15 cars behind. ~$170K car and he doesn't have a SunPass LOL! So I pass him paying at the toll while I cruise through the SunPass Lane.

(THE RACE) He leaves the toll booth REALLY quick to catch up to me . . . we get a clear stretch of road and I'm hovering between 97 and 100 mph. I wait 'til he's right beside me, honk twice, and try to let him have the jump. He doesn't take it so I (knowing he'll floor it when I blip the throttle ) shift from 5th to 3rd and drop the hammer He nails it when I blipped and gets about a 1/4 of a car jump.
I pull him instantly and proceed to put cars on him through 4th. WE'RE STILL IN IT when I shift into 5th. By ~160 mph I have what Brenda says appears to be ~8-10 cars on him (hard to tell at night and those speeds).
He shows no signs of letting up and I wanna make an attempt at 200mph because I'm still pullin' him in 5th gear when I fly up a SHERRIF'S A$$

I clamp 'em hard and slow DRAMATICALLY down to pedestrian speeds (65 or 70 mph speed limit; varies on the Turnpike)

I never passed Officer Friendly and he doesn't hit his lights

I was REALLY UPSET for the cop being the ONLY car in sight because I wanted to see 160-XXX mph speeds using my new Granatelli's

All in all . . . I was happy with the result given the circumstances of the race. At triple digit and lift speeds the Bentley's colossal weight disadvantage becomes less and less of a factor thus a potent opponent on the highway at high speed. I was happy as all he!! that I kept pulling on a ~200 mph(198 officially), 550 hp, TT V12 car in 5th

Christopher's Onyx Black 2001 SLP T/A Firehawk M6 #89

Bilsteins, Chrome Rims, Deck Mat, Birth Certificate, Portfolio

PERFORMANCE: Jung's S3 Heads | TSP 231/237 | '03 Viper Tranny | Hooker LT's with FlowMouth | Spec S3 Kevlar Clutch | SLP Hi-Flow Radiator | Meziere EWP 160* | LPE 3 1/2" Aluminum Driveshaft | Jantzer TB | De-screened MAF | TSP Clear Lid-K&N | ASP Crank Pulley | SLP Bellows | NGK Plugs-Taylor 10.4 mm Wires | Harlan's Shiftlight | FRA | TBB | tuned by Me | Crane Valvetrain | Hotchkis SFC's & STB | Mac Rear-End Cover | Stock Hurst with UMI Short Stick | SLP Reverse Logic Module | New '04 LS1 engine at 48K mi | Brembo Slotted and Cross-drilled Rotors with Red Calipers.

COSMETIC: Granatelli 200 mph White Gauges, Custom Front Air Dam, Custom Firehawk Fuel Rail Covers, Custom Firehawk Headrest Embroidery, Custom Carbon Fiber Interior, Custom Red Leather Interior, Custom Red Interior carpeting, Custom Red Tubing for Engine Bay, Mallory Billet Polished Aluminum Interior, Pioneer 10" Stealth Box.

Brenda's 2001 Racing Red WS6 A4

SLP Loudmouth Exhaust, SLP Lid-K&N, Bilstein Shocks, Eibach Lowering Springs, UMI SFC'S/STB, Brembo Slotted/Cross Drilled Rotors with Red Calipers.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:48 AM
12 Second Club

Great kill, you got lucky with johnny law though
Old 04-11-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by PA Z06
Great kill, you got lucky with johnny law though
Dam# right I did Thanks!

Old 04-11-2005, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill. I'm surprised a GT was actually racing. Do you mind me asking how much power you are making with those heads? I have the same cam.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Very nice kill

The Bentley GT is a very nice car and to hang with it and beat it at higher speeds is pretty impressive IMHO for a daily driver.

BTW, I work for VW/Audi/Bentley and that car is sweet & so is yours.

Again, congrats.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
Nice kill. I'm surprised a GT was actually racing.
Thanks Down here you'd be AMAZED at the exotics willing to run. I've run Murc's, Diablo's, Ferrari's, etc. People with money and their toys

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
. . . Do you mind me asking how much power you are making with those heads? I have the same cam.
Tried to pm ya but your mailbox was full.

Originally Posted by ActionJack
Very nice kill

The Bentley GT is a very nice car and to hang with it and beat it at higher speeds is pretty impressive IMHO for a daily driver.

BTW, I work for VW/Audi/Bentley and that car is sweet & so is yours.

Again, congrats.
Thank you very much
I was happy with my car's performance, at night with the lights up, at those speeds with the Bentley in it's power-band

The driver was pretty cool when he pulled up to me after the run. We rolled down windows and I gave him a thumbs up . . . he looked a little upset

Black guy in his late 20's early 30's (possibly a ball player). Limo tints and a heavy foot
Old 04-13-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

was in the turnpike/836 junction going north? I know wat you mean, i see at least two or three exotics each day but none wat to play.....well, only a new lambo, mur with my tranny not shifting in wot!!

nice race, you were really flying....does sheriff'z dont play games, if he caught you going that fast, OMG.....that would have been bad!!!

nice, maybe we hang sometime, i would like to see the granatelli dash someday, been thinking about it...

Angel
Old 04-13-2005, 03:47 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Close call!
Are you on sffba? (www.sffba.net)
Old 04-18-2005, 04:21 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by obZidian
was in the turnpike/836 junction going north? I know wat you mean, i see at least two or three exotics each day but none wat to play.....well, only a new lambo, mur with my tranny not shifting in wot!!

nice race, you were really flying....does sheriff'z dont play games, if he caught you going that fast, OMG.....that would have been bad!!!

nice, maybe we hang sometime, i would like to see the granatelli dash someday, been thinking about it...

Angel
I've had problems in the past for high speed encounters with law enforcement
I'd like to see your car I love these gauges Can't wait to see them pegged

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Close call!
Are you on sffba?
Yeah it was And no I am not.
Although I've been to a couple of meets here and there . . . was a year or two ago though.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like fun man. I had that cam, I can vouch that it really likes those high speeds.