Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

A couple of 11 second videos of me driving the "stocker" Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 12:47 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default A couple of 11 second videos of me driving the "stocker" Z06

Most folks who have seen videos of me driving a car have seen me drive Tommy's (3gun) car, or Joe's (GNX Guy) car. A few of you might have seen me in a pass from 2 yrs ago on ET Streets I made. Anyhow, not a lot of folks have seen me drive my stock Z06 which has set a couple of the stock ET records for Z06s. This isn't a video of the record pass, but its a few videos showing what a stock Z06 can do.

Anyhow, a few months back HRP had a rare daylight test and tune day. It was a test and tune in daylight with the clocks on. 99% of the time I run at HRP is Friday "safe street" night which is basically "street race" night, and the scoreboards are off.

Tommy was down with his car, and we made some passes in his car too. But, in the meantime I decided to make a couple of passes in my car. It had been almost 3 months since I had even cranked the car, and it had been since the fest in BG since I had actually made a pass in the car. My timing was a bit off after having driven Tommy's car so much, but I managed to muddle my way through.

Anyhow, you'll hear the car spin in 1st on almost ever pass. Track prep wasn't all that hot, and I was a bit rusty on my stock tire driving. But all in all I did ok.

Anyhow, I have the videos on DVD (thanks to Tommy). I just need to get them off and turn them into a .wmv or .mpg file. The video and sound from his camera is 100x better than this as it was shot from my Sony digital camera. So please excuse the less than optimal quality.

Anyhow, here they are. For any of the skeptics out there, check the trap speeds (114mph).

http://users3.ev1.net/~black_ops/video/11.85.mpg
http://users3.ev1.net/~black_ops/video/11.92.mpg
http://users3.ev1.net/~black_ops/video/11.95.mpg
http://users3.ev1.net/~black_ops/video/12.01.mpg

IMHO the best video in terms of watching it to see what I'm doing is the 11.92 video. Its shot from behind the car, and you can hear me bring the revs up, and slip the clutch. You can also see a bit of clutch dust on the leave. I barely squeak the tires on the 1-2 shift, and the cars rolling into the water box don't drown out the sound until the very end.

The 11.85 is faster, but the car spins on both gear changes (lane conditions).

The 11.95 is ok, but the sound of cars doing their burnout drowns out almost all the audio after the launch.

The 12.01 I just blew the release (too fast) on the clutch, and bogged the car just a bit on the launch. Otherwise the run is ok...

Anyhow, I guess there has always been some question about how repeatable a sub 12 second run is. These were basically "hot laps" I ran all of these runs basically back to back with almost no cooldown.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey J-Rod....it's not easy to get any bone -stock- C5 Z06 into 11's unless you or ranger behind the steering i wonder where could you get C6 Z06

thanks for sharing bro

peace

Last edited by bad95killer; 04-30-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Alot can be learned from you. Good driving!!
Old 04-30-2005, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6spdpewterZ
Alot can be learned from you. Good driving!!

Agreed
Old 04-30-2005, 03:59 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by J-Rod

Anyhow, I guess there has always been some question about how repeatable a sub 12 second run is. These were basically "hot laps" I ran all of these runs basically back to back with almost no cooldown.
J-Rod nice driving.I regret changing to 4.10's,I'll always wonder how close I could have got to your times with a stock car and the negative DA at sea level you guys in Houston get to run in.

My best time (in sig)was at +1600 DA.

I've made four passes in a row that varied from 11.81-11.83.These car's are very consistent for stick car's.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

damn that's nice. i need to get some driving lessons from you. only thing is i own a v6 camaro...not much more i can do with it. maybe a couple more tenths on the 60ft if i'm lucky. best i've managed is a 2.1
Old 05-02-2005, 06:08 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
J-Rod nice driving.I regret changing to 4.10's,I'll always wonder how close I could have got to your times with a stock car and the negative DA at sea level you guys in Houston get to run in.

My best time (in sig)was at +1600 DA.

I've made four passes in a row that varied from 11.81-11.83.These car's are very consistent for stick car's.

That would be cool to see. I wish we could get guys like you and Ranger, Powershifter, Steve Row, vai, and all the other guys with good times together somewhere where we could all beat on our car together and have a good old time...

Your times are awsome at that kind of DA.

You're right we do sometimes get good weather in the dead of winter. But, we don't get that "Jesey air" like they do at Atco (30.7 on the baro and 35 degrees with low humidity). A lot of the time cold here is accompanied by humidity which kills DA. I don't think this day was particularly good. If memory serves me I think we were in the -300 DA that day as the humidity was really high that day.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:38 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by J-Rod
That would be cool to see. I wish we could get guys like you and Ranger, Powershifter, Steve Row, vai, and all the other guys with good times together somewhere where we could all beat on our car together and have a good old time...

Your times are awsome at that kind of DA.
Thank you.
I'm going to a track rental at Norwalk this Friday and plan on giving the stock engine hell one last time.I'm going to put a 150 shot through it then the 427 is going in.

I hope to get a 10.50@130 out of it on the hose.