Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Forza Motorsports..

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forza Motorsports..

this might be the wrong forum if so my bad... but If you love muscle cars,this is a game for you..a couple of years ago their was a game called motor city im sure most of you played it..well it was bad ***,hemis old school camaros mustangs,coupes.etc....well their is a new game coming out tomorrow its called forza motorsports.I found out about it in a car craft magazine..Its not only coarse racing it does have one drag strip..but u race for $$$to build your car,you can play online title 4title...etc...if its anything like motor city it will be bad.. but here is the website for the game..im saying sorry now their are imports on the game as well... ..soo...but the american cars make it good...

http://www.xbox.com/assets/en-us/fl...ite/default.htm
Old 05-03-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

i have heard its one of the few games that can knock the gran turismo series of its thrown and by the looks of it i wouldn't be suprised.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

looks like fun, i am thinking of buying it when it finally gets to the stores around here.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
i have heard its one of the few games that can knock the gran turismo series of its thrown and by the looks of it i wouldn't be suprised.
PLayed for about 15 min so far. It's a good game has alot of cars and graphics look good. Plus it wasn't built up a smuch as GT4 but it does have serious competition.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a 2002 Black SS now with a 427 C5-R engine making 750hp at 2900 pounds. I can spin the tires going 75 from 1st to 2nd shift. That car is badass.

Quick Q though when I had the stock 5.7 I got the biggest supercharger it had. Then my next mod was the 427. When I got the 427 the turbo, supercharger and intrercooler upgrades wer unavailable. Can you not FI a diffrent engine than stock in the game? I don't know if I have a blower anymore but I think I do b/c I hear the whine.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

not sure man, but that sounds badass! i was worried that the mods were going to be very generic. like for suspension you select "sportsman" or "competition" tires and whatnot. so are the mods detailed, and you can customize everything nicely? if so i am going after work to get this baby, if i can find it
Old 05-04-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by abadss
not sure man, but that sounds badass! i was worried that the mods were going to be very generic. like for suspension you select "sportsman" or "competition" tires and whatnot. so are the mods detailed, and you can customize everything nicely? if so i am going after work to get this baby, if i can find it
You can put a LS6 or C5-R 427 in the Camaro. I stick with Chevy so far so I'm not sure how the engine swaps go for other makes. There are a lot of cars in the game though. It is a fun game. Very realistic to if you take traction control off and stablity control off it is damn near impossible to drive it.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

are there any Trans AMs please tell me there is.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

went and bought it last night... very cool game. controls and graphics seem top notch and the car selection is great. the money is also pretty easy to get, so upgrading your car doesnt take forever like in the gran turismo games. definately worth trying out, i cant wait to get home and play it.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NO trans am but they will have downloadable content so look to the future. The money is fairly easy to get and you can mod the hell out of your cars.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maximumrebel1
I have a 2002 Black SS now with a 427 C5-R engine making 750hp at 2900 pounds. I can spin the tires going 75 from 1st to 2nd shift. That car is badass.

Quick Q though when I had the stock 5.7 I got the biggest supercharger it had. Then my next mod was the 427. When I got the 427 the turbo, supercharger and intrercooler upgrades wer unavailable. Can you not FI a diffrent engine than stock in the game? I don't know if I have a blower anymore but I think I do b/c I hear the whine.
sound like the buildup i am working on with my NBM SS on the game i went ahead and did the biggest turbo, and intercooler i could. that thing is a monster, with only about 560hp, it crushes anything i race, sounds mean as hell too.

i think you may still have the S/C with your 427, b/c when i was selecting something on my car, it came up with a warning that said something along the lines of, "if you do this, your (insert mod) will be removed, are you sure you want to do this?" so if you didnt get that msg, then you may still have it. one easy way to check would be look for the boost gauge in the tach on the screen. i am not sure mow much hp mine will have with the 427 and largest turbo. i am at 560ish now, and havent done the intake, tune, fuel system, or 427. so maybe i can get it 750+.

also the whine you are hearing could be the tranny if you have installed the highest level. the gears are straight cut and you can hear them whine, the realism on this game is insane!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tonight I will be duplicating my car in the game.

What I want to know is, are there any body kits available for the Fbody's? I heard a rumor that there wasnt.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
Tonight I will be duplicating my car in the game.

What I want to know is, are there any body kits available for the Fbody's? I heard a rumor that there wasnt.
no body kits for the f-body. only appearance options are wheels and tint.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats freaking stupid. How in the hell are you supposed to add any downforce to the freaking car?????
Old 05-07-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have an 810 HP C6 now. That thing is so badass. Gets loose bad from 2nd to 3rd shift. I sold my Camaro and got the C6 because it was lighter and could be faster. My C6 has a top speed of 230 something. I want to go with a good AWD V8 platform to do a sweetbuild up because tractin is really bad when you get 600+ HP. You have to feather it out of corners or you get crazy.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's an excellent game. I'm beginning to like it better than GT4, simply because the physics seem more in line with reality than GT4's.

Josh
Old 05-09-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have a built up EVO that is extremely quick, and its not totally modded (only 550ish hp) that thing screams off the line. i finished the build up on my SS, and am a little disappointed that i only got 663hp 688tq out of it. but i went the big turbo route. its still too fast to drive with that much power though. i didnt do the 427 motor upgrade b/c it was going to cost me -49hp! so i guess you cant have an engine swap with a power adder.

Quick Reply: Forza Motorsports..