Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Looking to collect used up ink & toner cartridges and old cell phones

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Looking to collect used up ink & toner cartridges and old cell phones

I'm posting this for a fellow member, Raven.

Hello Everyone,

sorry to spread some gloomy news on a holiday weekend, but I need a favor from whomever can help. I have a cousin who's husband has suffered a terrible motorcycle accident last week. Bob Buschbacher (age 32) is married to my baby cousin (Ailynn - age 30), they have two kids and were slated to adopt two more children from Colombia this year.

Bob shattered his C5 vertebra (one of his neck bones) and has significantly damaged his spinal cord. He has already had surgery to remove the bone fragments from his spinal canal. Bob will likely never walk again My family are all praying for them.

To make matters worse, there was a problem with their health insurance, and, to make a sick and long story short, there is no coverage for his extended hospital stay, for his neck surgery, or for his year- long rehab.

I am writing to request help from ANYONE who has any not-used-anymore (old) cell phones and/or any empty ink or toner cartridges. If you could donate such items to a charity me and my other cousins (I have a large extended family) are setting up to help ameleorate Bob & Ailynn's hosptial debt, that would be great.

For every old cell phone and used up ink or toner cartridge that we can turn in, we get cash back towards our fundraiser to help Bob, Ailynn and their children. If anyone can help with this, please let me know and I'll get the wheels in motion to collect the items. Please spread the word if you can too.

Thanks again everybody

Take care and have a great Holiday weekend.

-Brad
We know Bob and Rev (Ailynn's nickname) through good mutual friends and they live in the same subdivision as us. Talk about a couple madly in love and just wonderful people. My heart and prayers go out to them many times over.

Please, if you have any old cell phones you can give up or if you can get your office to donate their old toners for a good cause, it all will help.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have an old cell phone and i do printer repairs for a living so i can get many used toner cartridges. Where do they need to be sent to?

Dave
Old 06-06-2005, 03:34 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

I have some stuff I can donate too, let me know.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i need to know where u want this stuff sent to.. Im in elgin and could drop off by you too.

dave
Old 06-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Staging Lane

If broken cell phones count I have a couple.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Greg, I sent you a PM. I have 25 toner cartridges loaded up and ready to be delievered. Please let me know when you would like me to drop them off.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

I will have two phones here pretty soon. I will give you a call. Too bad I do not work on copiers anymore. I could have stockpiled those.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for all the help!!!

Update.....

Bob is responding well to rehab and is very optimistic!!! They're now working on making his home wheelchair accessible.

As for the fund-raiser, you can drop off cartridges and phones to either my house or my neighbor's (through whom we know Bob and Ailynn). I'm located in South Elgin but ask and I'll PM you my address. All cartridges and phones need to be collected no later than June 30.

My neighbor is also having a Tupperware Fund Raiser. If you are interested in a catalog or want to place an order, PM me and I will give you my neighbor's contact info.

Thanks much,
Greg
Old 06-14-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's easier if I just post my address.

1 N Lakewood Ct
South Elgin, IL

My neighbor through whom we know Bob is at:

21 N Lakewood Ct
South Elgin, IL

I'm at the corner of Mc Lean Blvd, South Lancaster Circle (make note there's also a North Lancaster Circle) and N Lakewood Ct. You can find my address on Google Maps and Mapquest.

If neither of us are home you can drop off the items on the stoop of my neighbor's house (21 N Lakewood Ct).

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Looking to collect used up ink & toner cartridges and old cell phones