Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Check these 2 ohm Infinity Kappa Sail Panel Replacements!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check these 2 ohm Infinity Kappa Sail Panel Replacements!

Infinity Kappa 62.7i

Ok so here's another 2 ohm replacement option, this time it's the sails! Just thought I'd share with everyone, they're decent speakers for those of us who don't wanna spend too much! The only thing I'm curious about is if you will get the full range out of them on the monsoon system or if there is a crossover to the rears that block out your highs...

Last edited by txhorns281; 06-12-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:14 PM

I have Infinity Kappas all around. You will lose the bass. They dont hit nowhere near like the Monsoon setup does, but the mids and high are NICE and clear!
Old 06-12-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you running a 4 ohm kappa or 2 ohm kappa? In any case, I'm not a huge fan on bass, car's already loud enough as is...
Old 06-12-2005, 06:34 PM

I have the 4 Ohm ones. I also have an aftermarket HU too though.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

I actually used them to replace the stock set-up. Their okay for bass. Not a bass speaker though. They sound great in the sail panels. Maybe a little poly fill will help make them sound a little beefier. Are you just replacing these speakers or are you installing more of a system? If you deside to install a sub these are great for you mid to high range.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

As stated before, I don't care for subs and whatnot... Too much noise and too much negative attention (i bet you can guess what i'm talkin about! hood rats....)

The reason I thought these would be a good choice is their 2 ohm impedence. That means as far as output goes, it should be just as loud as the stock setup, and probably clearer sound.

But can you tell me if I'll get highs at all through the rear or all the high frequencies cut through a Xover in the sail panels? I know the stock setup, all i hear is bass and mids through the sails.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:29 AM
TECH Resident

The Monsoon amplifier has a low-pass crossover that filters out highs on the sail-panel speakers, and a high-pass filter on the rest of the speakers. Even though those Infinity speakers have tweeters, all you will hear from them is bass. I don't know how much in comparison to the stockers though. Good find for those that want to replace their beat stock speakers with aftermarket ones, and keep the Monsoon.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Snootch
The Monsoon amplifier has a low-pass crossover that filters out highs on the sail-panel speakers, and a high-pass filter on the rest of the speakers. Even though those Infinity speakers have tweeters, all you will hear from them is bass. I don't know how much in comparison to the stockers though. Good find for those that want to replace their beat stock speakers with aftermarket ones, and keep the Monsoon.
rockin roll... I'll report back when they get here!
Old 06-15-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK so I got one side in today, it was kind of a bitch cuz you don't have alot of room to work with...

The speaker itself was a DVC speaker (sorta) it has seperate tweeter leads and woofer leads. I guess that's how the 2 ohm load is created. this would be a GREAT speaker the camaros since I think y'alls fronts are setup like that as well.

I'm just using them for bass in the sails and from what I can tell they hit about as hard, maybe a little less. A little bit tighter bass sound, and definitely less distortion with the volume up. Most like won't blow either (like my stocker did dammit...)

Obviously the tweeter is useless, but i wasn't thinking about it and was wondering if I should hook up the crossover to it to protect it from the lows. Or would yall think the lows are too far out of the tweeter's frequency range to even matter...

All in all it was a good buy, $100 shipped off ebay, brand new

Waiting on components for the fronts...
Old 06-16-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

i may have to get these, i have all kappas powered by a ma audio m489i amp and alpine deck, all i need is componets, i was thinking about putting the componet sub in the sail and put the 3 ways in the doors with the tweeters
Old 07-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txhorns281
The speaker itself was a DVC speaker (sorta) it has seperate tweeter leads and woofer leads.

Obviously the tweeter is useless, but i wasn't thinking about it and was wondering if I should hook up the crossover to it to protect it from the lows. Or would yall think the lows are too far out of the tweeter's frequency range to even matter...
Just looked on crutchfield's site for specs on this. Looks like the speaker has 4 terminals on it.. 2 for the lows, 2 for the highs...

For the sail panels, I see no reason to hook 'em up to the cross overs, so long as you're not wiring anything to the tweeter terminals (yellow and green).