Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I-POD stereo adapter question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I-POD stereo adapter question

Anyone had success with that "AUX-POD" adapter thing? Did a search and could only find one post about it. It said that the volume worked fine but the steering wheel controls did not work (Birds). Yet, it advertises this feature???

Please share your expriences/knowledge! Thanks!
Old 06-15-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaang no one????????
Old 06-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by txhorns281
DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaang no one????????

um well i just hooked this up in my friends ford ***/track... i mean sport track..and um he never tried his steering wheel controls.. but the remote worked fine... it was easy to install.. just run the wires to the glove box.. put the box in the glovebox and connect ipod and ur ready to go..

the only part i didnt like is that you cant use the ipod then if it is plugged in... it just says ok to disconnect and none of the buttons work... scanning through songs is done by the headunit itself.. and it only will say the song names up the the 512 song title... for some reason that is all the memory it holds.. and after that is just says the song #

i hope this help a little bit.. (btw its hooked up to an alpine head-unit)
Old 06-18-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

not really as the question refers to the F-Body application...

But thanks for your response. Anyone else with a monsoon system using this thing?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

not really as the question refers to the F-Body application...

But thanks for your response. Anyone else with a monsoon system using this thing?
I have this (Aux-Pod from PAC) in my 02 SS. I believe they are now calling it Ipod2car or something like that. The steering wheel controls work on mine (track up/down, volume, mute). Here's a link to an older discussion about the unit itself and its applications over on ls1.com: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544844

As I said in the ls1.com post (zirbe32) making sure that you have the latest version of the unit seems to dictate if your steering wheel controls will work. I have no idea what the newest version is, but that info can easily be found by contacting the manufacturer of the unit and verifying with whoever you buy it from. I bought mine from the cardomain store, and they were more than happy to look up the version of the unit that they had in stock so that I could compare it with what PAC told me.
I hope this helps you out
Andrew
Old 06-20-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zfastss
I have this (Aux-Pod from PAC) in my 02 SS. I believe they are now calling it Ipod2car or something like that. The steering wheel controls work on mine (track up/down, volume, mute). Here's a link to an older discussion about the unit itself and its applications over on ls1.com: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544844

As I said in the ls1.com post (zirbe32) making sure that you have the latest version of the unit seems to dictate if your steering wheel controls will work. I have no idea what the newest version is, but that info can easily be found by contacting the manufacturer of the unit and verifying with whoever you buy it from. I bought mine from the cardomain store, and they were more than happy to look up the version of the unit that they had in stock so that I could compare it with what PAC told me.
I hope this helps you out
Andrew
You were magnificent... Thanks!
Old 06-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Anytime
Old 06-22-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, enough of the gay buttsex, let's talk about auxillary inputs.

So people with the all-factory monsoon H/U have what options?

-The cheapest option looks to be the GM9-AUX input adapter, it goes for around 50-60 bucks.

-The others like the ipod-2-car and AUX-POD are a little more expensive but seem to work with the steering wheel controls and charge the ipod when not in use.

My main question is will it work with my 99 T/A with no cassete and a single cd changer?
Old 06-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slammed-am
Well, enough of the gay buttsex, let's talk about auxillary inputs.

So people with the all-factory monsoon H/U have what options?

-The cheapest option looks to be the GM9-AUX input adapter, it goes for around 50-60 bucks.

-The others like the ipod-2-car and AUX-POD are a little more expensive but seem to work with the steering wheel controls and charge the ipod when not in use.

My main question is will it work with my 99 T/A with no cassete and a single cd changer?
Yes, the cheapest is the GM9-AUX input adapter, however everything must be controlled through your ipod except for volume. People like the aux-pod/ipod-2-car because you don't have to fuss around with another device while you're driving, just the familiar monsoon controls.
As for your 99 T/A I think it should work. I'm not too familiar with other year stereos, but I think in mid-99 they switched to the newer style which is just the head-unit with the single cd slot on the actual head-unit (no cassette). Do you have a button that says CD/Aux or Play/Aux or something like that on your head unit? If so you should be ok. Best bet would be to call up PAC, they were very helpful with me.
Andrew
Old 06-24-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

… okay, I know I'm just repeating what I've posted in other threads but, what kind of iPod do you have? If you don't have one w/a dock connector (like me) then you don't have much choice. The GM9-AUX is the way I went w/ my Monsoon. I'm actually very pleased with the performance. My first gen iPod only has a Firewire connection and a headphone jack. I had a FM modulator contraption called "TransPod" but, it's twice the size of my iPod and didn't work that well. Whenever I decide to splurge on a new iPod, I'm getting this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WEnDcTe...p?I=581PA11G45