Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Finally a race

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wink Finally a race

Well, I finally got to run in on my way to work. It was nothing great, but I had fun. I ended up after about 15 miles catching up to a GSX-R(bike not eclipse). Well he saw me comming and nailed it before I had a chance to see what it was up close. So I follow him and eventually get side by side. He lets me pass to check out if I was a true STi I'm sure. Then he gunns it and whips up next to me. We both blow around a truck in the fast lane and catch up to traffic. I think he was suprised I hung with him. After we passed a cop, we both took off again and were suprised...........there was just toooo much trafic to get a clean run in. All said and done, we went our ways and gave eachother a wave.

After this encounter, I was pleased he didn't blow me away and I couldn't get away when I tried. So, I still am on my way to work(LONG commute). I hit a light or two, then it's open highway. Well at the light, I catch up to yet another bike. I couldn't tell what it was, but it did resemble a R6. Possible an older version. He gunns is before I can even get next to him, so I had no clue. He took off and so I just gas it while in 6th......bad idea. He left me in the dust. I down shifted an started to gain, but on this road I wasn't about to go that fast. So I just let him go. Fun, but not as good as the bike before.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a ls1 site....just to let you know
Old 06-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Launching!

I know this is a LS1 site. Is there something wrong with posting this? Last time I checked most people respect a kill/racing story. I didn't see a rule about how you can only post if you drive an LS1.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LS1 or not, a quick car is a quick car. I like hearing the stories regardless of the type of car. Besides I need to know about the competition
Old 06-16-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02Z28EVLM04
It's all good! I'm interested in anything that's fast!

OH, get ready to hear it from the forums managers, lol!
Old 06-16-2005, 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
LS1 or not, a quick car is a quick car. I like hearing the stories regardless of the type of car. Besides I need to know about the competition
Old 06-16-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02Z28EVLM04

Anyways, good run. Like previously said, it's nice to hear stories from different car's perspective, and any race story is welcome as long as it's not full of BS and expected to be believed.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
No freakin' way! All this time I had been reading, and an STI does not have an LS1 engine? What?

I'm just kidding!

Good runs!
Old 06-17-2005, 03:00 AM
Banned

Nate
Old 06-17-2005, 06:46 AM
Launching!

Cool guys. I'm gald to see most of you respect a real story. I'm definalt not some ricer punk posting for the sake of posting. I love f-bodies, but find the STi just more reliable for my needs. If I had the choice, I'd pick up another f-body and a beater, but I like having just one car for now. Insurance is higher on the f-bodies with my insurance. LOL.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:49 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't mean to be rude... You can't be that tight on money! You've spent a pretty penny on that STI, I think (your sig). Not bad, anyway, your STI looks like it's a blast to drive! Enjoy!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Well, let's just say I'm not poor, but when it's time for bills, I cut it close. I think the only reason I can afford parts is because I live at my parents house still. So, the mods can keep comming until spring. I also am saving for a down payment on a house.

The Sti is a blast, especially in the winter. I find it comical that I can blow by almost anything on the road. It's just awesome. It is great in the summer also, but not fast enought to compare to a well modded f-body.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Dude, give yourself credit! I think with those mods you can take some A4 lid and catback LS1's and stock M6 LS1 coupes, too. I say that's fast.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Well, I know I could hold my own in the 1/4. I'm guessing I'll be mid 12s, but that's still not fast enough. I guess it's still fast, but I want to still hand someone there *** on the highway, which is the STi weak spot.