Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ram---------BAM

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry ram---------BAM

so the ram powergrip clutch has been in for about a week and a half and i have about 400 miles of break in on it just in case and today i shifted from 1st to 2nd and the clutch slipped bad and there was a big clunk. now the clutch disengages as soon as you put pressure on the pedal and i havent even got on it yet....WTF. we r gonna try to pull the tranny tonight and see what the deal is. if this ones gone im gonna try the Spec Stage 3 and see how that goes. hopefully better then this.

BTW: TSP has been very helpful so far and Trevor is a stand up guy. he is really doing all he can to solve this and i appreciate that a lot. ill keep all ya'll updated

-matt
Old 06-15-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Powergrip HD is really high up on the pedal... I kid you not, I move the pedal down maybe two inches, and it engages. Makes for awesome speed shifts... but it can be tiresome in traffic and such since there's so little room for any kind of slippage.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

well i can move my pedal about 1/2-1inch and it disengages so i would say that is a problem since it disengaged at the bottom of the pedal before.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CATCH ME
well i can move my pedal about 1/2-1inch and it disengages so i would say that is a problem since it disengaged at the bottom of the pedal before.
That is definitely a problem then... do you have an adjustable master? What flywheel did you use? Shimmed or no?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

i have upgraded 02 hydrolics non adjustable, drill mod, stock resurfaced flywheel, not shimmed
Old 06-15-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CATCH ME
i have upgraded 02 hydrolics non adjustable, drill mod, stock resurfaced flywheel, not shimmed
I had bad luck with my ram as well, an adjustable master is pretty much a necessity with all of our clutches though cause it lets you fine tune that engagement. I would recommend one for your next clutch for sure.

Not saying that the ram went out cause of this, just saying that its a good idea.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

I agree, an adjustable master is a huge help with a clutch like this... as is a billet steel flywheel.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

i might be wrong...it may be an adjustable master, im not sure i will find out tonight. i honestly cant remember what the guy who installed it said...and yea i want the steel flywheel, but im on a tight budget and i have to save the rest of my $$ for the rearend purchase at the end of the summer. hopefully i will have enough to get a billet flywheel but i cant get it yet.

Quick Reply: ram---------BAM