Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Opinion on Center Force dual friction clutch for LS1

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on Center Force dual friction clutch for LS1

Looking for an upgrade, any opinion or experience on Center Force # 17010 for LS1??

Thanks
Old 06-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Launching!

It's a piece of sh*t don't even think about it.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to try one, I'll post my findings after I do the install.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Launching!

You will not see a lot of people in LSx community using these clutches, do yourself a favor and call multiple vendors from this site and see what you come up with as far as common answers
Old 06-27-2005, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just called Centerforce directly & talked to them. They said that the only problems they have heard of with their Dual Friction clutches were people who didnt install them exactly correct, abused their clutch, or tried to over power the clutch. Think about it for a minute, if a company is makin a bad clutch they wont stay in business. Centerforce has been around longer than most any other clutch company out there. This means they must know their **** pretty damn good to stay one of the top performance clutch companies around. Also talked to several guys running this clutch & they r very happy with it & say it works great. Tips for newbies out there, unless ur running an insane RWHP level &/or sprayin, u dont need the most expensive clutch out there just cause ol' Joe Shmoe over here says it wont work on his application. Every car is different & for bolt-ons or stock cars the Centerforce Dual Friction is a damn good buy & quality product. Seeing as how its rated at 675HP, according to Centerforce personel, not my opinion.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Addict

It workd great on my '71 in my sig with a BBC in it ?
Old 06-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Launching!

I guess you have owned a Centerforce clutch in a Ls1 car so it makes you the expert, or are you putting your first one in.
Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Just called Centerforce directly & talked to them. They said that the only problems they have heard of with their Dual Friction clutches were people who didnt install them exactly correct, abused their clutch, or tried to over power the clutch. Think about it for a minute, if a company is makin a bad clutch they wont stay in business. Centerforce has been around longer than most any other clutch company out there. This means they must know their **** pretty damn good to stay one of the top performance clutch companies around. Also talked to several guys running this clutch & they r very happy with it & say it works great. Tips for newbies out there, unless ur running an insane RWHP level &/or sprayin, u dont need the most expensive clutch out there just cause ol' Joe Shmoe over here says it wont work on his application. Every car is different & for bolt-ons or stock cars the Centerforce Dual Friction is a damn good buy & quality product. Seeing as how its rated at 675HP, according to Centerforce personel, not my opinion.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

Yes i have owned a Centerforce Clutch on my other car, which isnt stock by any means. I raced it hard & the clutch never slipped one time & still has 80% left on it. Wear was unbelievably low. This is MY first one in a LS1, but my friend ran one on his 98' WS6 & he stands by it. He said he never had a problem. And he was not stock either. I have faith in Centerforce so im gonna keep that faith until their products quailty & performance make me change my mind. Plus i hear enough complaints about all the other clutches messin up also like Spec, Ram, & Texerila. So in commen sense u could just admit that with these cars its like rollin the dice with any brand of clutch. But just cause ur particular one u bought didnt work for u dont mean that the brand is bad. If they were they would be outta business.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

I used to think Centerforces were junk, too, until I installed one on a customer's 382 stroker T/A. Hasn't had one glitch in over 2 years, and works awesome.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Teching In

I can vouch for the Centerforces' as well - Ive never had a problem with mine & I've got close to 50,000 hard miles on it.

Quick Reply: Opinion on Center Force dual friction clutch for LS1