Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

The one that got away

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The one that got away

I guess I will tell the story so every one will have something to laugh at.

On the way to Stanwood this morning we were in a convoy of about 20 f-bodies. I had the rear (go figure). So as we passed by an on-ramp to the freeway a green Acura was on the way down so we "made space" to avoid a disaster on the way to the show.

Well, he started acting like he wanted to play with the whole lot of us. No one made a move so I bit. We took off like the space shuttle. (I had opened my n2o before we left the rest stop.) I think he was shocked that I was catching him because when we hit 80 he took off again. I hammered it again and hit the rev-limiter, backed out a bit and the A4 slid into 4th at 130 and I was still coming up on his six. I was just about to flip the switch on the nitrous and some $@#*&! pulls into the lane right in front of me. I had to slam on the brakes in order to keep from getting killed. Then the schmuck ricer flashes his hazards at me as if I lost to him. Effin' punk! He knew that car that cut me off was his only hope because I was still gaining on him with LOTS of room left in the engine.

So he got away, but I was so far ahead of the group that I slowed down to 35 and still waited for what seemed like forever before I saw the lead car in my mirror coming around the corner.

All in all it was a fun adrenaline rush first thing in the morning.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Banned

You LOST to a green acura? I don't know if i can talk to you anymore. hehehe.

Nate
Old 06-27-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah, after that one I don't know if I can talk to me anymore, either. I guess it's back to Ellis for more mods.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by taufern
You LOST to a green acura? I don't know if i can talk to you anymore. hehehe.

Nate
My thoughts pricisely.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should have to put "I lost to an Integra" in your sig for a week ! j/k ! lol ! I guess if traffic is bad then stopping is better than killing somebody.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racehead
I think you should have to put "I lost to an Integra" in your sig for a week ! j/k ! lol ! I guess if traffic is bad then stopping is better than killing somebody.
I dunno....losing to an Acura, or killing somebody....wouldn't they be linked?
Old 06-27-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racehead
I agree... screw it, I wouldn't mess around with the guy in traffic like that. You did the smart thing... guys like him end up torpedoing a minivan full of soccer kids just so he can get the opportunity to flash his Riced & Ridiculous hazards at someone.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I agree... screw it, I wouldn't mess around with the guy in traffic like that. You did the smart thing... guys like him end up torpedoing a minivan full of soccer kids just so he can get the opportunity to flash his Riced & Ridiculous hazards at someone.

A couple of times some irritating fugly ricer would speed into a wall of traffic to keep ahead of me. I won't take that bait - its a horrific crash waiting to happen.

You didn't lose Howard, you won. Its the ricer driver that is up for a Darwin Award and its best to let them take it.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

I certainly wouldn't defend a ricer, but flashing the hazards usually means "thanks" or in that case probably "good race/thanks for playin". At least that's been my experience.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

yo! howie! have you run the juice yet?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

That would have been the first time but I did not know how much a 50 shot would have boosted my velocity so I did not want to take the risk after that pos cut into my lane right in front of me. I was already at 135mph and about 3000rpm when I started braking.

Quick Reply: The one that got away