Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Gas Prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Prices

Remember starting tomorrow We start having that $.03 per gallon Gas tax so gas will be higher tomorrow. I encourage everyone to find a place that is putting names down to knock that down to go down & Sign it & soon because they have to be in by July 8th.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:32 AM
TECH Resident

I hate our governor...
Old 07-01-2005, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Amorget
I hate our governor...
you arent the only one & it looks like we are stuck with her for 4yrs.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah - its dropped lately so they can make it seem good when it jumps again

I signed the petition and so did my son when he was here, a gal in front of Top Foods in Woodinville had *3* pages filled out by 2pm.

Lets hope they choke on the next election cuz it ain't gonna be pretty
Old 07-01-2005, 08:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hell the gas tax AND spirits(sp) tax!!
Old 07-01-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget the tax on tobacco products... nice job Washington! We're in 2nd place for highest taxes in the United States, so why not shoot for the best? At least no one will tell us we don't strive to be #1 in something...
Old 07-01-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Don't forget taxes on soda to pay for Paul Allen Memorial Stadium.

I still can't believe people in this state voted for this gov. knowing how bad she ruined it the TWO terms she served as Atty. General. WTF! But this is a woman's state afterall.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by howierd42
Don't forget taxes on soda to pay for Paul Allen Memorial Stadium.

I still can't believe people in this state voted for this gov. knowing how bad she ruined it the TWO terms she served as Atty. General. WTF! But this is a woman's state afterall.
Just goes to show what this world is coming to...Women are ruining this Country and I can't understand why people keep voting for them The men need to take their ***** back and be MEN! Kick that Bitch back in the Kitchen where she belongs and get our Country back to where it belongs! Our Country is becoming too pussified with tree huggers and such and it needs to change real soon or our kids are going to be in for some real trouble in the near future...

And yes, I am a woman....
Old 07-01-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Just goes to show what this world is coming to...Women are ruining this Country and I can't understand why people keep voting for them The men need to take their ***** back and be MEN! Kick that Bitch back in the Kitchen where she belongs and get our Country back to where it belongs! Our Country is becoming too pussified with tree huggers and such and it needs to change real soon or our kids are going to be in for some real trouble in the near future...

Old 07-01-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL

The perfect woman and she has to be married already.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Someone listens to 100.7!!
Old 07-01-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Someone listens to 100.7!!
Doesn't everyone?
Old 07-01-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Being their target audience is men I'd have to say a lot of women don't
Old 07-01-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Being their target audience is men I'd have to say a lot of women don't
Enough call in on the shows that you would think there are a few of em listening.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Gas, smokes, booze, soda...whats next? Bring back the food tax? Tabs based on value?

Gregoire is a raving lunatic in every sense of the word. She cost us MILLIONS by not addressing court cases against the county and state because her office didn't respond by the deadline! How lazy is that?!

She is also chewing up tax money by having "extra security" for her kids because of the outcome of the election. What? Her husband handed her his ***** and dick to put in a jar? The guy can't buy a 30.06 to 'protect' the family?

I was hoping Rossi would win his case - and after all the hooplah they aren't changing the voting procedure. Hmmmm, I wonder why...another liberal whiny bitch to take over after she's done giving us the shaft?
Old 07-01-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEARHED
She is also chewing up tax money by having "extra security" for her kids because of the outcome of the election. What? Her husband handed her his ***** and dick to put in a jar? The guy can't buy a 30.06 to 'protect' the family?
C'mon... Gregoire's a radical liberal. She doesn't believe in law-abiding citizens like her husband owning guns, instead just thinks the criminals should have the corner market on firearms.

That's the result that over-zealous liberal "ban guns, ban guns" attitudes produce, anyhow.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok here is what KOMO has to say about this.

'Sin Taxes' Take Effect Friday

OLYMPIA - The state gas tax jumps by 3 cents a gallon Friday, even as opponents looking to overturn that tax hike planned to ask a judge to make the state tell potential contractors the money may not be guaranteed.

Cigarettes and hard liquor will be a little more expensive as well.

The tax increases are among nearly two dozen laws that take effect Friday - a fraction of the more than 500 bills that passed during this year's legislative session. Some bills went into effect last month, though most will become law on July 24.

Most contentious is the first increment in an overall 9.5-cent-per-gallon increase in the state's gas tax, currently 28 cents per gallon. Unlike the cigarette or liquor tax, the gas tax hits the bulk of the state's population.

"This tax increase was a bad idea at the wrong time," said Brett Bader, a top adviser for the gas tax foes' campaign. "The citizens of this state are flabbergasted at how out of touch Olympia seems to be."

Dueling court hearings were scheduled Friday in Thurston County Superior Court.

As of that day, the state can legally bond the new gas tax revenue. But that's a week before the July 8 signature deadline for Initiative 912, which seeks to overturn the overall gas tax increase passed by lawmakers this year.

NoNewGasTax.com is not asking the judge to stop the state from collecting the money. Rather the group wants the court to make the state treasurer and the Department of Transportation advise any bond purchasers or other contractors that they cannot rely upon the new gas tax money, according to initiative attorney Mark Lamb.

Lamb said tax opponents want that cautionary language used in all contracts surrounding the gas tax until July 8, the deadline for the gas tax foes to submit 225,000 signatures. If the initiative qualifies for the ballot, the opponents want the language used until after the November election.

"If the state is obligated to collect the tax because it has entered into contracts or issued or sold bonds, the initiative would be invalidated," Lamb said.

In the other court hearing, San Juan County and the cities of Auburn, Kent and Seattle are seeking a preliminary injunction and penalties to stop I-912 campaign organizers from spending money the county and cities argue come from unidentified sources.

Earlier this year, state lawmakers approved a 16-year, $8.5 billion transportation package anchored by the gas tax. It will help finance giant projects like replacing Seattle's Alaskan Way Viaduct, building a new state Route 520 bridge across Lake Washington and improving Interstates 405 and 90. It also will finance hundreds of highway and bridge projects, rail, ferries and other improvements. Automatic increases are authorized annually: after the first 3-cent increase Friday, an additional 3 cents in July 2006, 2 cents more a year later, and a final 1.5 cents in July 2008.

The gas tax is separate from the so-called "sin taxes" that were part of the $26 billion two-year state budget signed by Gov. Christine Gregoire.

The tax package includes a $6-a-carton increase in cigarette taxes and higher taxes on hard liquor. Smokes will go up by 60 cents a pack and the liquor tax will rise by $1.33 a liter on Friday.

Also, the sales tax will now apply to extended warranties, a $1 per tire fee on new and replacement tires is imposed, and a 1 percent business and occupation tax will apply to non-tribal gambling and horse racing.

Other taxes will actually be reduced Friday. For instance:

-The tax on other tobacco products such as cigars decreases to 75 percent of the wholesale price, from 129 percent.

-Fruit and vegetable processors who transport their products outside the state will be exempt from business and occupation tax.

-The sales tax no longer will apply to self-service laundries.

-Nonprofit boarding homes and cancer centers are exempt from business and occupation taxes.

-The quality maintenance fee for nursing homes is reduced.

Also Friday, a far-reaching mental health bill takes effect, though the full ramifications of the bill will take years. The law's primary goal is integration of screening and treatment for mental illness and for drug and alcohol addiction. One aspect of the law authorizes county governments to impose up to a tenth of a cent sales tax for new and expanded treatment services. If they choose to impose the sales tax, on July 1, 2006, the county would have to create a family drug treatment court program.

Quick Reply: Gas Prices