Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help w/Stereo system for my T/A!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help w/Stereo system for my T/A!

A local car audio shop quoted me on a Eclipse 5425 head unit, Kicker 6"ks mids and tweets(Front and back seat panel),A Kicker 8" square 5s8L5-2 woofer in a custom enclosure,on the drivers side open area so it would be out of the way and still be able to use T-Top holders, and a Eclipse PA5532 amp to run it all.Installed tax and everything $1991.21.My question is do you think that is a fair deal?And if any body has experience w/any of these components what you think of them.Im curious if its going to be loud enough for my tastes.Thanks.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't priced these components spereately. I would just see how much this stuff would be if you bought it somewhere else. It's always safe to shop around. Do you know these guys at the shop really well? I would ask to see some other installs and so forth if your unsure. Theres really enough information on this website to be able to do it yourself and do it pretty well. Good Luck
Old 07-04-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The shop is a good one.I guess I am more concerned about the products.I have been out of stereo equipment since the mid 90's so everything has changed.I have experience w/kicker and eclipse but their old stuff not the new.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

God f#*&$&*king damnit!!!! I just typed this long as$ reply and the BB totally screws me and erases it!

Anyway, I had links to places online to buy the exact same stuff. Total with box, wiring, shipping and everything is roughly $1,100. Also you can get a 10" L5 in the stealth box. Check out www.subthump.com

EDIT: Oh and are they using the 6" or 6.5" Kicker components? Because Kicker DOES make both sizes. Our stock hole is 6.75" but the 6.5" will fit fine. Use the 6.5"
Old 07-04-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

All i can say is that you cant go wrong with eclipse products, they produce some of the best stuff for a sound quality system, i might pick a diff sub to go with that eclipse setup, maybe a Jl? If i were you i would search around find the best price and do it yourself, that saves a BUNCH of money, and its not hard at all.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Launching!

You can definately find great deals online, but be careful... many of them are not authorized resellers, so the manufacturers won't honor their warranty. If you would rather spend less and have no warranty then buy online for sure (there is about a 100% markup in most car stereo), but if you want a warranty then make sure that you are buying from an authorized reseller of the products you want.

Personally I don't really like the Solo-barics... not clean enough for me. But they do POUND with enough power!
Old 07-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Banned

I also say ditch the components for the back, rear fill is such a waste of cash.

CMC
Old 07-05-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you are talking about 700 bucks for them to install it... its not worth 700 bucks. Tell them to adjust their quote or you'll just do it yourself...