Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

NEVER let your guard down!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 01:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default NEVER let your guard down!!!

So last sat I meet this guy in a 02 Mustang Gt, he "says" it has full exhaust and 3.73s, and runs 12.50@106 in the 1/4 and 8.40 or 8.60 in the 1/8th(can't remember which) Anyhow my normal group and this new guy go out to the spot to run em. I line up with him first and as the hands go down we both get a great launch and we are side by side though 1st, I shift to 2nd and I start to pull away. The gap get's bigger with every gear, an easy win. So I park and watch him beat everyone else out there, then he wants another shot at me from a 25-30 roll. My buddy riding shotgun who also videoed both of these races yells GO and I immediately leave him setting. Another good kill for me by a good distance. So we chat a bit and are fixing to leave for the nite and he wants one more from a dig. I said sure why not and we line em up. I didn't rev it up much or even concentrate on the launch, just babied it off the line. To my surprise he shoots out of the hole like a rocket and is 2-2 1/2 cars on me before it even quit bogging. I was like OH ****!!!! So I hammer it all the way and damn this guy was really hauling ***!!! It took the whole 1/4 to run him down and when we crossed the line I had my nose at his door. It was like his car was a different machine or something. I know I didn't take off for **** but my goodness, after the 1st two runs I should have caught up and passed him before the finish. He said it dynoed 248RWHP which is believable......but not the 12.50s or what he did on that last run. I along with everyone else out there thinks he might have been spraying.....which is cool, run what ya brung, but that thing surprised the heck outta me that last run. Later that nite someone said while we did the roll race and his girl was outta the car that she said I HAD to be spraying, cause he had never been beat, which leads me to believe that he IS spraying, and that she figured it would take someone else on the bottle to beat him. Who knows, but super cool guy, good looking ride and he could DRIVE that thing for sure. I wasn't able to powershift ANY AT ALL cause it has been grinding a bit when I try to hit 2nd and I didn't want to take any chances. But the header wrap is going on the hydrolic lines, the tranny fluid is getting changed, the clutch bled, and MY bottle is coming off my desk, filled, and into the car, woulda been nice to flip the switch and blow by him on that last run.......oh well, maybe next time. I learned one thing for sure, don't matter how many times you've beat someone, don't ever take a race lightly. Run every race like it's your last or don't race at all, that's how I'm gonna be from here on out.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By his mph I'd say it is legit. There are several stangs in the 250rwhp range that run mid 12s. The key is sticky tires and suspension. My guess is he was trying to build you up to take you down. Good kill.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:49 AM
10 Second Club

He was on street tires and stock suspension....well that's what he said anyway, I didn't crawl around looking. So do you think he could run 12.5s with exhaust, 3.73s and stock EVERYTHING else? I don't think that is posssible.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:10 AM
TECH Regular

I looked at the modular depot et list for 2v na and there were several with mid to low 12s and low mph. Unless he knew enough to know how to give a precise et, I still would have to believe him. If he was spraying his mph would be higher. Plus he did shoot out of the whole extremely strong?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Damn those sandbagging Mustang owners!

Old 07-06-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah we alllive and learn there buddy!! now ya know....LMAO good thing you didnt have any money on the line!! I would have had to bail ya out....LMAO JK
Old 07-06-2005, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

If I had $$$ on the race I woulda launched like I did the 1st run, instead of taking off like I was at a stoplight with a cop behind me But yeah, you live and learn. There will be a next time I'm sure, I have this guys # and I'm sure we'll be getting together again.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Resident

Well if you took off slow at that last race and barely caught him at the end it was probably a mid to high 13 sec quarter there. My friend has full exhaust and cold air, running a 13.7. Assuming everything else is stock and no spray, I don't believe his time.