Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ls1 fuel rail covers that don't say corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 fuel rail covers that don't say corvette?

does anyone know where i can get black camaro ls1 fuel rail covers that don't say corvette on them.. maybe something like camaro or ls1? thanks
Old 07-07-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of making some from fiberglass as prototypes and possibly plastic later on. I'm surprised there isn't one already out there. Another thing you could do is fill in the letters with JB weld or something them sand and paint.

D
Old 07-07-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Guys,

I've made over 350 sets of these. Contact our sponsor Afterthoughts Auto
for complete info and ordering. Do NOT use JB Weld to fill in the letters. There's lesson #1 for your prototype.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 07-07-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Afterthoughts Auto.See Them in the sponsor list.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Got mine custom made from them.Great quality.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

How about does anybody know where you can get fbody frcs that are under $200?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Here's the thing: It's like anything else, you get what you pay for. There is a LOT of work that goes into making these things, especially filling in the lettering and sanding and prepping. Not to mention how expensive quality materials and paint is. I use as does Afterthoughts only the highest quality automotive paints and clears so that these last a long time.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 07-07-2005, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brian2006
As parbreak was saying, you get what you pay for. Think about what it is made of and where it goes. If it is cheap plastic, it will melt one hot summer day then you have the biggest engine mess to clean up and $$ down the drain. AfterthoughtsAuto uses very good plastic to make these FRCs. I will admit, they cost too much for me since they don't do anything except lay there and look good. Thats also why I haven't bought any yet.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000BlkCamaroSS
As parbreak was saying, you get what you pay for. Think about what it is made of and where it goes. If it is cheap plastic, it will melt one hot summer day then you have the biggest engine mess to clean up and $$ down the drain. AfterthoughtsAuto uses very good plastic to make these FRCs. I will admit, they cost too much for me since they don't do anything except lay there and look good. Thats also why I haven't bought any yet.
Actually we use the OEM Corvette covers and convert them to fit FBodys, so the plastic that is used is the same plastic that GM has been putting on their flagship sportscar since 1997 and even earlier with the LT1 plastic covers. This stuff is thick and heat does not affect it, at least not the heat we are dealing with.

Bryan
Old 07-07-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

The ones they sell look good, and you get what you pay for. Go for it.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by parbreak
Actually we use the OEM Corvette covers and convert them to fit FBodys, so the plastic that is used is the same plastic that GM has been putting on their flagship sportscar since 1997 and even earlier with the LT1 plastic covers. This stuff is thick and heat does not affect it, at least not the heat we are dealing with.

Bryan
Exactly. If you bought some FRCs for less than $200 that look pretty descent, you can bet that all their $$ went into making them look good and not into quality plastic. The way I see it, if you're gonna buy a part, might as well pay just a little more the first time so you don't have to pay a second time when your POS part breaks.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like stated above, you get what you pay for. I bought mine from Bryan "parbreak"over 2 years ago. Were they higher than some others, yes. Were they worth every penny, hell yes. Quality is top notch and they have held up to the header heat without a problem. Plus they were painted and decaled just like I wanted.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99zee
Like stated above, you get what you pay for. I bought mine from Bryan "parbreak"over 2 years ago. Were they higher than some others, yes. Were they worth every penny, hell yes. Quality is top notch and they have held up to the header heat without a problem. Plus they were painted and decaled just like I wanted.
Old 07-12-2005, 05:40 AM
Staging Lane

Here are mine ........

http://www.thecheckeredflagstore.com/
Attached Thumbnails ls1 fuel rail covers that don't say corvette?-frcs.jpg  

Quick Reply: ls1 fuel rail covers that don't say corvette?