PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service vehicle light for oil change- searched to no avail.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service vehicle light for oil change- searched to no avail.

i just disabled my 02 sensor codes (deleted rear o2's) and another code= p1637 using HP tuners. i only disabled the light so if i go into the scanner the codes are still there i just do not have to stare at the ses light.

now- my sevice vehicle light goes on. i have the key in the "ON" position with the car not started and i hold on my tripometer (learned this on a 99 chevy pickup) and the "change oil" light blinks twice and that is it.

i know the problem is that the computer thinks it is time for an oil change, but i know when i need to change it and the light is annoying, so how do i get rid of it. i tried pushing the brake pedal down 3 times, gas pedal down a couple of times while holding the tripometer and all, still comes back.

HELP me get rid of this annoying *** light. hptuners does not seem to have anything you can do for this particular light, just the "ses" light not the "sv" light.

tia.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If its oil

Turn ingnition on, pump gas three times. 0% to wot. it should clear.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:54 PM
10 Second Club

thanks for the quick reply! i had done the gas pedal 3 times before (amongst other things that i thought could do it), and when i went outside just now it seems to have gone away, hopefully for good. if it comes back for the oil i know what to do now.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

well- it came back. i tried the gas pedal thing, then the "change oil" light flashed slower a few times, but the sv light still comes back and if i hold the tripometer the "change oil" light flashes twice.?? almost like im not doing something right?

wtf?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as i know for our cars there is one way to reset the light, push and hold the trip reset button, or you may have to hit it a few times then hold it. should be in the owners manual. so you are getting oil light AND service vehicle? when you turned those codes off you might have the wrong setting on there, that may trip the vehicle light
Old 07-20-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you have access to autotap, hp tuners ect?

I went outside and logged the oil life monitor. Pumped the gas three times and it reset to 100%.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scan the car again , see if there are any other codes, if you want send me your .bin and i'll see if there's anything unusual with it....

if it were time to change the oil the "OIL CHANGE" light would turn on... not the service vehicle light
Old 07-21-2005, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

the only codes are listed above.- i did however cut one of the wires going to my tcs button (power wire- needed power for the e-cutout), so i will reconnect that wire when i get time.

the codes were for the 02's and "terminal L circuit" or something like that- p1637.

i was thinking the tcs wire being cut had nothing to do with it because if i hold the tripometer the "change oil" light blinks twice. i guess that is it though because the service vehicle light will come on in about 5-10 minutes of driving every time now.n after work i will reconnect it and post up, it HAS to be the problem since there is really nothing else going on that im aware of/ no codes etc...