Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Raptor Shift Light in A-Pillar Vent

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Shift Light in A-Pillar Vent

Anyone know or put their raptor shiftlights in the A-pillar vent? Let me know I want to put mine there, and would like to know before I order it.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Addict

A good friend of mine did this in his 00 Camaro SS. Fits in there great and looks like it could've been stock. I believe his name on here is LS1CamaroSS.

Is there a difference between the Harlan and Raptor shift lights though? His is a Harlan.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:58 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

I am pretty sure that the raptor will not fit in there. I know that the Harlan light will though, but I am not sure on the raptor. I put mine here...http://www.raptorperformance.com/Che...o/00CamZ28.htm.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm pretty sure the raptor will fit. I didn't put mine in there but I looked into putting it there and It seemed like it would fit just fine. Mine is in the air vent and I like that it's hidden
Old 07-21-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is were mine is at works great!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
I'm pretty sure the raptor will fit. I didn't put mine in there but I looked into putting it there and It seemed like it would fit just fine. Mine is in the air vent and I like that it's hidden
which air vent? i would like to put mine in the center left vent but i dont know how too, its currently in the left handed vent.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cephiros
which air vent? i would like to put mine in the center left vent but i dont know how too, its currently in the left handed vent.

That's where I have mine... Its a PITA to get the vent out but it its hidden and I can see it just fine. I'll get a couple of pics and post them up for you
Old 07-21-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

That's where I have mine... Its a PITA to get the vent out but it its hidden and I can see it just fine. I'll get a couple of pics and post them up for you
but.....how did you get the vent out o.o theres nothing int he servce manual about removing it and i have no idea to get i tout...
Old 07-21-2005, 09:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have mine in the defrost vent on the a pillar--i had to make a bracket for it but it fits really nice. i just used some weatherstripping around it to fill the gap.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cephiros
but.....how did you get the vent out o.o theres nothing int he servce manual about removing it and i have no idea to get i tout...

Look at the vent where you put your light. There are two tabs that hold the vent in. They are very small but you can see them. There is one on one side and one on the opposite side. I had to get a long curved needle to pry up the tabs. You have to pop one up and pull on the vent but then you have to pry up the other tab. It takes a while to get it but it can be done. It took me a couple of days to get it out.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Here is a thread about it with pics:

Raptor shift light in a-pillar
Old 07-22-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Look at the vent where you put your light. There are two tabs that hold the vent in. They are very small but you can see them. There is one on one side and one on the opposite side. I had to get a long curved needle to pry up the tabs. You have to pop one up and pull on the vent but then you have to pry up the other tab. It takes a while to get it but it can be done. It took me a couple of days to get it out.
mm, thank you, il ahve to do that next time i go a couep hrs to rerout all my wires*

Quick Reply: Raptor Shift Light in A-Pillar Vent