Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

interior help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior help!

hi im trying to remove those like plastic panels in the back seats.. were the speakers go and they kinda have like an arm rest made into them.. but i cannot remove those lil hooks.. most other cars just have screws that u remove but i couldnt find any on these. can any one help?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Teching In

and also im new to ls1tech but if any one can tell me how to not lose my threads that would b helpful. it takes me a minuts to find my threads sometimes
Old 07-22-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badassmurf
and also im new to ls1tech but if any one can tell me how to not lose my threads that would b helpful. it takes me a minuts to find my threads sometimes
Thread tools: 'Subscribe to this Thread' … then all you have to do is click 'Subscribed Threads' in the Quick Links menu.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:36 AM
Staging Lane

As for removing the panels... pry something between the plastic panel and the car itself (where the door closes) and that will make a nice starting point for you. You may have to remove screws just below your door, and removing the seats wouldn't hurt either.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on my formula that plastic panel with the sail panel speakers is held on with what is basically a heavy duty velcro
Old 07-23-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aight this is how you do it...

Take a large screw driver, and pry at that square with the little notch in it. The hanger hook is like a drywall anchor, where the action of the screw being screwed into the anchor makes the anchor buldge out and hold in place. In this case, that square with the notch in it towards the bottom of the hook is the screw, and the hook itself is the anchor. The farther you can get that square out, the more the buldge gets smaller. It's hard to do, and truthfully when I did it I just took the biggest flatblade I could find with the longest handle, and I just pried the f***er off. Once the hook is off, there's a screw at the bottom along the bottom, right behind the front seats. Unscrew that, and pull the piece out from the kick panel. Once that's free, start pulling.. it's velcro'd in for the most part.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Teching In

thanks
will do tomoro
Old 07-28-2005, 04:22 PM
Teching In

wait so wat i need to do is pry the hook off right? and then the panel or do i pry off the whole panel?
Old 07-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Teching In

i dont want to like lose the panel.. i want to put it back.. so i dont want to like damage it
Old 07-28-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pry at the hooks, you might ding it up a little but it'll come out. Reread what I said in my previous post, it's like a drywall anchor type of scheme, the farther in that square at the bottom of the hook is, the more bulged out the "anchor" is, so you want to pry that square as much as possible away from the hook.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Teching In

k i think i have it now lol

Quick Reply: interior help!