Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

who in thier right mind would buy this!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down who in thier right mind would buy this!?!?!?!?

damn, i was just looking around and found this disgrace to our cars. I hope no one ever buys one of these kits. It makes the car look completely horrible. I can't believe they make these for the t/a's or even camaros. anyone ever see something this nasty for the fourth gens???
Old 07-25-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

????
Old 07-25-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

A picture or details about the product would be nice.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Teching In

oops sorry, forgot to post the link http://www.andysautosport.com/module...rans&brand=AAS
sorry bout that
Old 07-25-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while I personally wouldn't buy it, who cares? It's not your car, get a life and stop worrying about what other people do to their property.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

judging by some of the recent posts in this forum in the past 6 months... we have a good number of people that would purchase it browsing and posting on this board. They might not openly admit to it up front but I'm sure we will see it soon enough...
Old 07-25-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol is that being directed at me?
Old 07-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Teching In

i'm not against modding the exterior of the car at all. It's just that this kit doesn't fit the car at all. The front and rear bumpers are more squared and have hard corners, unlike the rest of the car that is smooth and has alot of nice curves and lines in the body. I have seen mustangs with these kind of kits, they don't seem to fit the car at all. I don't know, just my opinion. And yes i'm sure that there are some guys that will put something like this on thier car. If that's what floats your boat then hell go for it. I just think that this kit looks so out of place on the car
Old 07-25-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, while I agree it looks aweful on the car, presonally I like to think of it as more of a step in the right direction, in that MAYBE *hopefully* the more popular kit companies will see people making their own kits and come out with something better of their own to compete... I'd absolutely love to see more kits out there, especially full bumper replacements.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by meissenation
while I personally wouldn't buy it, who cares? It's not your car, get a life and stop worrying about what other people do to their property.
I dont agree COMPLETELY with this comment. While it is your car think of it this way...

You buy a home in a nice addition. You neighbor in the 200k+ housing addition decides he is going to paint his property pink and trash the house with awful, distasteful yard ornaments. Should it not bother you? Well it will b/c it brings a new look towards the entire comunity, the value of yours which WAS identical to his has now dropped b/c of his poor taste. etc etc.

Same goes for autos just not as drastic. This is of course my opinion whether it be right or wrong. I see the 93-97 Camaros around here and see how destroyed they are. Then you notice the price of that car is $1000 where as if they were kept like Grand Nationals or other enthusiast cars, I feel the value would have held higher. You can see it in the classifieds here.. one guy sells his low mileage SS for $10,000 while it BOOKS for $15,000. Everyone is expected to follow suite.. "well the one for $10,000 was in better shape or was faster"

bah... end rant.. continue with the altezza tails, the underbody neons, the spinners, the painted 5 color interiors, the half *** stereo installs, the hacked stock springs to lower the cars, the body kits, the huge wings, ...
Old 07-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Teching In

i agree, i would love to see some new options for bumpers, side skirts, etc. But nothing that extreme. I would like to see something that matches up with the car and isn't so off the wall. The openings on that front bumper are huge. Almost looks like a big fish or something now. And im not a huge fan of the design of that rear bumper. But I would have to say that the front bumper is what really kills that whole kit. Oh yeah, sorry if I offended anyone by making the initial comment. I was just blown away by how awefull that looks to me. If anyone wants to have something like that then go for it. And good luck
Old 07-25-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I understand your thought process on the home, but like you said that's a drastic example that is kinda comparing apples to peaches. If I'm trying to sell my car and another guy is selling a 94 Camaro with the same amount of miles, but he has a big gawdy tin wing on it, it doesn't drive the price of my car down.. In the home market, people look at what houses in that local neighborhood sell for. If there's some guy cruisin the streets in an Orange Camaro with Spinners (which I saw last Wednesday in person, it was one of the rare times that I was very close minded and let him know it) it's not going to drive the price of my car down.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Look like a$$ to me.But thats my opinion, sorry if I hurt any closet ricers feelings
Old 07-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
I dont agree COMPLETELY with this comment. While it is your car think of it this way...

You buy a home in a nice addition. You neighbor in the 200k+ housing addition decides he is going to paint his property pink and trash the house with awful, distasteful yard ornaments. Should it not bother you? Well it will b/c it brings a new look towards the entire comunity, the value of yours which WAS identical to his has now dropped b/c of his poor taste. etc etc.

Same goes for autos just not as drastic. This is of course my opinion whether it be right or wrong. I see the 93-97 Camaros around here and see how destroyed they are. Then you notice the price of that car is $1000 where as if they were kept like Grand Nationals or other enthusiast cars, I feel the value would have held higher. You can see it in the classifieds here.. one guy sells his low mileage SS for $10,000 while it BOOKS for $15,000. Everyone is expected to follow suite.. "well the one for $10,000 was in better shape or was faster"

bah... end rant.. continue with the altezza tails, the underbody neons, the spinners, the painted 5 color interiors, the half *** stereo installs, the hacked stock springs to lower the cars, the body kits, the huge wings, ...

very nice statement. and nice comparisson.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

Im always amused how approimately every 2 or 3 months someone posts an identical thread talking about this exact modification like its new to the net. I even had a really good guess of what this was going to be about before I looked in the thread, how bad is that!? lol
Old 07-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Teching In

sorry, I have never seen a kit like this before. I have seen ground effect kits, but nothing with a whole new front and rear bumper. Are there other kits out there like this one. If so, would you mind posting the link. Just curious as to what other wierd *** creations are out there
Old 07-25-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

I would never do it, but to some i'm sure it looks cool.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

I would never do it, but to some i'm sure think it looks cool.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That **** is hawt and you should support your fellow enthusiast even if they meant to buy a import and cant sale their v6 t/a so they can rice out a honduh
Old 07-25-2005, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
Im always amused how approimately every 2 or 3 months someone posts an identical thread talking about this exact modification like its new to the net. I even had a really good guess of what this was going to be about before I looked in the thread, how bad is that!? lol
That's exactly why I got so heated, I'm so tired of seeing the same threads over and over and over again. I remember when this kit was being made for the very, very first time and people were getting "spy shots" of the kit while it was still being glassed. Don't get me wrong, I hate stuff like this too (I used to be in a car club with this one guy that I used to be really good friends with, then he put an aluminum wing on his car and I truthfully have barely talked to him since), but it just gets old seeing the same threads over and over again.