Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

05 mustang vs. 02 ws6!!!3 races....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 mustang vs. 02 ws6!!!3 races....

not my cars just reporting what happened.i work at a dealer that carries all makes and we just recieved a 44000 mile ws6 aut with a lid and cat back.so the porter that works here just bougt an auto 05 mustang.the mustang does have a programmer thats all.

anyway first race was just over a 1/4 mile long from a dead stop.the mustang ended up putting about 4 cars on the ws6 and the driver said the ws6 hiccuped off the line....

next race was froma 30mph roll with the mustang racing till just into 4th gear(a little over 100mph) and the mustang put about 3 cars on the ws6....

last race from about a 40mph roll,this was a closer race with the mustang just keeping his rear bumper ahead of the ws6....

anyway there ya go just reporting....
Old 07-28-2005, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

I was outrun by an 05 Mustang 2 days before I sold my T/A. It was a modded lt1 with a hot cam, headers,rr's, etc. I was very surprised to say the least. I did have a bad plug wire though which didn't help. Anyways, the 05's are no joke especially with a good tune that gets rid of the factory limiter/governor.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Was this an '05 Mustang GT? If so, Ford must have stepped the GT up a little because I raced a '99 GT in my Z28 and beat it pretty good. Good kills though I guess, even if you weren't one of the drivers.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:26 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

If you got outrun by an 05 GT..........try pushing the pedal on the far right all the way down. That will take care of it. You are such a waste of space and lies. You could have at least lied about something we could believe. Enough said. The guy with an LT1 and a bad opti or wire got beat by an 05. So you are saying the LS1 was a car slower than an LT1 with a bad wire/opti??? Is that what you are trying 2 say??? AND..each race the mustang was lossing more and more ground??? M O R O N S.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea...im callin bull ****...no way the auto 05 stang pulled on a ws6...especially by that much...this report is BS, unless of course as previously mentioned, the ws6 wasnt racing
Old 07-29-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

no bull.....just tellin it like it is.

i actually looked iton buying the ws6 but our used car dept put to much into it to make it a good deal.

oh btw the kid with the 05 also beat a 5.7gto from a 60roll to about 110 before they stopped.

also i dont have any reason to tell ya lies......i really dont care.i have had my share of fast cars and unbelievers.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roger
no bull.....just tellin it like it is.

i actually looked iton buying the ws6 but our used car dept put to much into it to make it a good deal.

oh btw the kid with the 05 also beat a 5.7gto from a 60roll to about 110 before they stopped.

also i dont have any reason to tell ya lies......i really dont care.i have had my share of fast cars and unbelievers.
Roger, you sir, are a lieing sack of stupidity. Unless the ws6 was running on 6 cylinders it would walk an 05 gt just like the previous years. Not only do the 05 mustangs weigh more than we do, we make more power. No way the ws6 looses the race unless it wasnt trying or has mechanical error.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

you guys are too silly,cant i get any respect in here anymore??weres the old posters at??

i have driven the new 05,s and they run very good,almost as good as my mach ran when i owned it.would you believe that my mach bone stock with just a old pair of drag radials would turn high 12,s.....

i will bet this guys 05 will run 13.30,s with the tune it has.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:07 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Just out of curiosity....if you are a mustang fan/owner and own/owned all mustangs, WTF are you doing at an LS1 site because under my impression, only GM produced the LS1....................

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 07-29-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

used to know a few peaple around here when i was more into the street race sceen.considering the car i have now im not much into racing right now.have to spend my money on more important thing.........like the 4 kids and wife i have at home.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Whoa guys, chill out a little. The 05 Stang was not stock it had a tune. From what Ive heard the stock tune on the 05's sucks. The fact that he beat him by 4 cars is a little hard to stomach, but whatever. Anything can happen on the street. Good spectator kill.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

ah ok, im just curious why there are so many mustang/cobra owners on this site. Just curious what you guys do here

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 07-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Launching!

I don't get the hostility. The guy's relaying a story, not saying HE did it, so unless he's trying to sell 05 Stangs to die-hard F-bod luvers, I don't think he's lying.

Let's look at what he's saying...

A NEW 05 Mustang that hasn't really had time to be ragged out, with some sort of minor programming against...

A USED, more-than-likely ragged out WS6, with lord-knows-what wrong with it, waiting to be hoisted upon some unsuspecting buyer, from one of those scumbag used car sales ******* that'll say, "it used to be owned by a little old lady from pasadena", knowing it was launched over a curb, has frame-damage, a couple of dead plugs and a slipping clutch.

I believe it, given the parameters involved.

BTW, I've gone against an 05 GT recently in my 00 LS1 with nothing but a lid and exhaust and it wasn't pretty. A good 2-3 cars before he gave up, then gave me the ricer fly-by.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Teching In

I am the owner of the '05 in question. In the first race, my buddy said the WS6 fell on it's face off the line and he gave up, so it really wasn't a race. The second time, I pulled about a length and a half to two lengths on him from a 30 and kept a steady pull until about 110 when we shut down, I imagine he would have started to reel me in thereafter. The third run, he shifted manually from about a 40, he tagged the limiter a bit, but I had already edged about half a car on him and the steady pull came back once again, then we had to quickly shut down.

I also raced an LS1 GTO on the highway from about a 60, and also steadily pulled him by about a car, then the pull decreasaed a bit, but he wasn't able to reel me in.

I am in the process of setting up a race with a friend of mine with an LS1 GTO w/ a Diablo Predator

As for my car, it has an SCT XCalibrator 2 tuned by PSI Motorsports in Webster, TX. I have it set on the 93 tune right now, other than that it is completely as it came from the factory.

Believe it if you'd like, I couldn't care less. If you'd be interested in seeing how your car(s) runs against a 99% stock '05 GT auto, comoe on down to Galveston, I'll lime up.

Kevin

Last edited by TrueBlue; 07-29-2005 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Good second-hand kill roger
Old 07-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Teching In

i have driven the new 05,s and they run very good,almost as good as my mach ran when i owned it.would you believe that my mach bone stock with just a old pair of drag radials would turn high 12,s....

Kevin
Old 07-29-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

I don't see why this story bothers people. The 05s appear to respond very well to mods just like the LS1 does, but even more so with a tune. Take into consideration that the WS6 just arrived there, so unknown condition and a driver who is not used to it. That could've played a big part in the race too.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

......thats what i would do to your 05!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Teching In

......thats what i would do to your 05!!!
just like I put a whoopin' on the Mach at the track in a measly all motor 2V
Old 07-29-2005, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

guys i know i don't have many post here so im not very credible but im True Blues roomate and can vouch for him and Roger. Hes not known to tell a fib. He knows I'm an avid GM lover and would call BS on him if i thought it was . His 05 feels very strong, and i was in the car when we inched away from the GTO. I doubt the Ws6 was in tip top shape but i don't doubt that his car is a very good match for most stock LS1s. (the 05s can get out of the hole very strong even on street tires) I'll bring my sisters 00 stock Z28 down when it gets out of the body shop and we'll have a friendly match (Z has run 13.1 at 104.8 stock) It ought to be a good run.