Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor clip broken

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 sensor clip broken

My pass. side O2 sensor won't stay connected. The clip is broken on the part that the O2 plugs into. Right now, the connection is held together with duct tape(electrical tape wasn't workin out). Would it be possible to glue it back together? How much would a shop charge to replace the entire part. It's not the part that connects to the header, but the part that that part plugs into.....if that makes any sense whatsoever

If anyone understood any of that, I'd appreciate some help
Old 08-13-2005, 09:49 AM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

So what's so bad about duct tape?
Maybe you can pick up that section from a scrap yard and rewire it back in the harness.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gwj
So what's so bad about duct tape?
Maybe you can pick up that section from a scrap yard and rewire it back in the harness.
Nothing wrong with duct tape, just didn't hold it together.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:40 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Maybe you can twist-tie it to something you can use as a brace, hell, I don't know, a popsicle stick. If it really bugs you I would just try to clip the section off a junker and wire it into the harness. It's worthwhile to ask, but I doubt GM sells just that section. You never know, though.
Good luck,
Gerald
Old 08-13-2005, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gwj
Maybe you can twist-tie it to something you can use as a brace, hell, I don't know, a popsicle stick. If it really bugs you I would just try to clip the section off a junker and wire it into the harness. It's worthwhile to ask, but I doubt GM sells just that section. You never know, though.
Good luck,
Gerald
That's not a bad idea. I'm really stumped because it's hard to work under there, absolutely no space. And I don't have a lot of room to work with because the O2 barely reaches as it is.

Are you saying to find the part, take it off, then go and basically do the same thing as extensions? I think I'm following that part, but not sure.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

He is saying find the part you broke at a junkyard and take it home and pull each wire out of your broken one and put it in the new one you got from the junk yard and its fixed. Also, if you wanted to, if the piece you broke is large enough you could probably epoxy it.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SleeperSS
He is saying find the part you broke at a junkyard and take it home and pull each wire out of your broken one and put it in the new one you got from the junk yard and its fixed. Also, if you wanted to, if the piece you broke is large enough you could probably epoxy it.
That's what I thought. The only thing I'm worried about is how easy will that be to do underneath the car?
Old 08-13-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just extended my o2s today, its a bitch under the car even on ramps. if u can, JB weld that ****.