Anyone have some front hubs they can donate?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone have some front hubs they can donate?

I put my longer studs in yesterday, and now my ABS INOP light is on along with my brakes not stopping very well. Does anyone have a pair of front hubs they don't need anymore? I hear donating to black people is a tax writeoff. Maybe Brains will come through for me like he always does. Help a ***** out!

Last edited by DramaFoYoMama; 08-25-2005 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just went outside and scanned it. The code it is throwing is C0040. I did a search for it with no results. If someone has these sitting around, it would make a nice b-day present.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

what did you use to scan it. My ABS light is on and I cant find anything to point to exactly what it is, but I think it the rear sensor.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

EFI Live. If you want to meet up somewhere sometime, I'd be happy to scan it for you.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Aww, lookit dat.. the brotha helpin' a brotha out

Sorry dude, that's one set of stock parts I don't have sitting in the garage.. Did you check to see you just didn't smack one of the sensors?

(BTW, Mexicans are the new black -- especially in Houston. You don't get **** nomo, fool! )
Old 08-25-2005, 04:02 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

wow what a thread I hope you get what you need man, no help here, sorry.

Brad
Old 08-25-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I didn't hit the sensors. If you'd be so kind as to jack up Tiff's car, I'll swing by tonight and swap some parts. As long as I don't smile, I don't think I'll get caught. I didn't think you'd have any, but your garage is like a mom and pop's parts store. Do you have the tools to rebuild a T-56? You still take food stamps, right? (yeah, I know it's Lonestar)
Old 08-25-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

And for the Mexican comment, I had some lady tell me once I was half Mexican and half Chinese. Silly white people.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo man, I got an extra set you can have but I won't be in the country for another week plus I'm in Fort Worth. But I won't get the tax write off cuz donating to another black man doesn't count
Old 08-25-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for keepin it real! How much do you want for 'em? I can get you couple of 40 OE's if you want. Seriously, though, I can send you a prepaid Fedex label. LMK. I really appreciate it. If you want, I'll make Brains wash your car. **** got switched for the 2005!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brains
(BTW, Mexicans are the new black -- especially in Houston. You don't get **** nomo, fool! )
YES, BEANER power!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DramaFoYoMama
Thanks for keepin it real! How much do you want for 'em? I can get you couple of 40 OE's if you want. Seriously, though, I can send you a prepaid Fedex label. LMK. I really appreciate it. If you want, I'll make Brains wash your car
Man, I ain't had a 40 of Old E. in a looong *** time Matter of fact, it's been almost 7 months since I had alcohol period... I have a lot of catching up to do I got these off a friend of mine for nothin so if you want em I'll just give you the address when I get back next week and you can send the Fedex label. Oh yeah, tell ya boy to be careful with the paint... it's only 2 months old
Old 08-26-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I appreciate it man. Brains is a good guy. All I have to do is drive out in front of his house and honk the horn. He comes running out with a sponge and a bucket. Life is good.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

I appreciate it man. Brains is a good guy. All I have to do is drive out in front of his house and honk the horn. He comes running out with a sponge and a bucket. Life is good.
LMAO!

OE 40s, must say I haven't seen one of them anywhere in a long time...

never drank one either...
Old 08-26-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you've never had one, I would suggest you don't. I don't drink so I can't really say what's good or bad as I haven't really developed a taste for what's good or bad. However, I tasted one once, and it was nasty. Yes, I've been over 21 for years. I just don't care to drink. I just like to use stereotypes to make fun of my people. Afterall, we have to hold ourselves down in one way or another.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dumb question, but did you plug the ABS back into the hubs? Did you pull the hubs to install the studs, or hammer them on the car?
Old 08-27-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I plugged them back in. I even pulled them out to check them later to see if some dirt was blocking the connection. I pulled the hubs off and hammered the studs in. I never knocked the sensors.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you've never had one, I would suggest you don't. I don't drink so I can't really say what's good or bad as I haven't really developed a taste for what's good or bad. However, I tasted one once, and it was nasty. Yes, I've been over 21 for years. I just don't care to drink. I just like to use stereotypes to make fun of my people. Afterall, we have to hold ourselves down in one way or another.
Hey man, ain't nothing wrong with O.E.... that **** goes good with a nice bucket of extra crispy from KFC and a good ripe watermelon Actually I prefer Budweiser or the occasional Heineken if I do drink beer, I'm more of a hard liquor person myself. Just like the black man trying to hold us down But yeah man, I'll get you those hubs as soon as I touch down if you don't already have em by the time I get back.