Need help from UT student!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help from UT student!

I understand it's next to impossible to get home game tickets to the UT games. My Mom has wanted to go for years, and I would like to take her to the game against Rice on Sept. 17. If someone could get me 2 good tickets, for a decent price, I would be most appreciative. I also wouldn't mind throwing in a few bucks for your time. If anyone is willing to help, please let me know.
Thanks
Old 08-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Texas Director

Its actually pretty easy to get tickets to any UT home game. Go to hornfans.com and click on "swap meet". There are lots of tickets for sale in there.

Also there are lots of people selling tickets around the stadium on gameday. The best area to buy tickets on gameday is in front of Scholtz's on San Jacinto St. If you're patient you shouldn't have to pay over face value for the Rice game. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 08-29-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

besides what MMiller said... talk with UTevo8... either my brother or his roommate will respond. They both live up there and attend UT so i am sure they can help you out. Also Big Steele, or a few others attend. I just got back from Austin last night
Old 08-29-2005, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

did you get the longhorn sports package? I think if you have that you can add on a family member for a game for a little bit more. not sure but check out
http://www.texasboxoffice.com/
Old 08-29-2005, 05:07 PM
11 Second Club

did you get the longhorn sports package?
What is this? I don't see it on the site.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:06 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by mmiller
Its actually pretty easy to get tickets to any UT home game. Go to hornfans.com and click on "swap meet". There are lots of tickets for sale in there.

Also there are lots of people selling tickets around the stadium on gameday. The best area to buy tickets on gameday is in front of Scholtz's on San Jacinto St. If you're patient you shouldn't have to pay over face value for the Rice game. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Ditto
It shouldn't be hard to get tickets to the Rice game. Checkout hornfans.com, or just come game day and buy tickets outside.

The All Sports package is something for students that allows you to get into every sporting event (basically). If you are a student with the sports package, go to the box office at the stadium before 5 any day this week and pick up your ticket. I'm sure at that time you can find a way to get more than 1.

If you can't get them before gameday, just come to the stadium before the game starts. You will get tickets.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:46 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the replys. I'm not a student. Graduated from college 8 years ago. Damn I'm gettin old. Lol! I don't want to drive to the game without already having tickets in hand. It's about 5 1/2 hours to Austin. Guess I'll keep looking.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:16 AM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed
Thanks for the replys. I'm not a student. Graduated from college 8 years ago. Damn I'm gettin old. Lol! I don't want to drive to the game without already having tickets in hand. It's about 5 1/2 hours to Austin. Guess I'll keep looking.
I can probably get you 2 student tickets to that game for free... I'll go to the box office on Thursday and get some info on tickets for the Rice game.

-Ben
Old 08-30-2005, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

That would be great, but don't you have to show a student id to get into the game with a student ticket?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

The only time that you have to show a student ID is if you are a student ticket. Other wise and ID is not required for your ticket. The easiest way to purchase a ticket would be from a scalper.

Also, the rice game is not a huge game, bc it will be a blow out... so there will be alot of ppl tring to get rid of their tickets...

btw, this is the darkside, i had to make a new name due to brains changing my password and email on my other account.

Tyler
Old 08-30-2005, 12:34 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed
That would be great, but don't you have to show a student id to get into the game with a student ticket?
Like Tyler said, this may be the case for the student tickets, but i'm sure there is a way around that. I'll check all the options when I go to the box office.

-Ben
Old 08-30-2005, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys. Let me know what you find out Ben.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Smile

Tickets can be had CHEAP on e-bay... Ive NEVER had to show a student ID to use a student ticket. If you get turned away which ive NEVER seen, just go to another gate and walla you're in. Did I mention I've NEVER seen a peep turned away for not having an ID.....