Guys, check in here WTF ????

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys, check in here WTF ????

93 octane $3.50per gal Back to riding my skateboard into the office.

and I hear it will be $4.00 by next week

Brandon
Old 08-31-2005, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

Well... Looks like it's time to start buying racegas (104 octane) instead of 93 now.

But yeah... gas prices are ******* terrible. God damned oil companies need to get thier asses in gear and up the ******* production, idiots don't understand how an economy works, jeeze...
Old 08-31-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by baldurann
Well... Looks like it's time to start buying racegas (104 octane) instead of 93 now.

But yeah... gas prices are ******* terrible. God damned oil companies need to get thier asses in gear and up the ******* production, idiots don't understand how an economy works, jeeze...

Race gas will go up for sure.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

yea its terrible how fast the prices are rising but you know when my tank is low i'm going to fill up no matter what. Once a hydrogen car comes into production i'm buying one, because the only gas i wanna have to buy is racing gas for weekends.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

looks like im about to go out and top off right now...
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Banned

lol im glad gas prices are rising in time for my trip to austin
Old 08-31-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

just got back from pumping gas.... its $3.03 for 93octane on Red Bluff and Beltway 8.... sure it will be at least $3.15 tomorrow.... I have been doing some homework the last couple of hours and have been listen to the news at the same time.... and it sounds like the world is gonna end soon.... for the last 2 hours all i have heard is how bad things are and that they are only going to get worst.... I actually feel depressed after listening to all the $hit on tv.... I had to get out of the house.. so i went to go pump some go-go juice..... that is all
Old 08-31-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

its NOT going to go down ANYTIME soon...
Old 08-31-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
just got back from pumping gas.... its $3.03 for 93octane on Red Bluff and Beltway 8.... sure it will be at least $3.15 tomorrow.... I have been doing some homework the last couple of hours and have been listen to the news at the same time.... and it sounds like the world is gonna end soon.... for the last 2 hours all i have heard is how bad things are and that they are only going to get worst.... I actually feel depressed after listening to all the $hit on tv.... I had to get out of the house.. so i went to go pump some go-go juice..... that is all
Keep your head up Robert, were all supposed to experience life events that make you feel like the world is ending. It happened to our parents and thier parents and so on. On the brightside man at least we are going to school that way we can pimp our rides
Old 08-31-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

$6 and up in atlanta!!!!!!!! im not moving there!!!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

pure price gouging. no other explanation.

a slight rise is justified, but going up by 30 - 50 cents every night is crap.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Teching In

here here
Old 08-31-2005, 11:39 PM
L?1
Teching In

Originally Posted by 97LT1
It happened to our parents and thier parents and so on.

Yeah, but things are getting alot worse as time goes on. I just got home and it says 700 people were killed in I think Iraq, and talk of maybe 1000 or more. (All at one time basically it seems). I will say, that these things were foretold, but I won't go into that here. Although the person that said it seems like the world is going to end is warm ...in a way . (Notice I said in a way.) Look at the Tsunami, Allison in Houston in 2001, New Orleans, etc, etc, I think it was said that talking about religious type things is not what ls1tech is for so I will let that be though.

Anyways, yeah this stuff can be depressing , and the news is mainly bad these days. But like you said keep your head up. Things get better. When .... who knows, but they will get better.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:46 PM
10 Second Club

Right now its $3.19 for 93 octane down here in South Texas. It jumped $ .53 in a matter of hrs!! They are saying to expect close to $4.00 here pretty damm soon. I know I'm not too fricking old at 24 but I remember when I was in high school and had my old Camaro it was like $ .89 and we though that was alot!! Man what I would do to go back to that price or even close to it!!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by L?1
Yeah, but things are getting alot worse as time goes on. I just got home and it says 700 people were killed in I think Iraq, and talk of maybe 1000 or more. (All at one time basically it seems). I will say, that these things were foretold, but I won't go into that here. Although the person that said it seems like the world is going to end is warm ...in a way . (Notice I said in a way.) Look at the Tsunami, Allison in Houston in 2001, New Orleans, etc, etc, I think it was said that talking about religious type things is not what ls1tech is for so I will let that be though.

Anyways, yeah this stuff can be depressing , and the news is mainly bad these days. But like you said keep your head up. Things get better. When .... who knows, but they will get better.
What i meant is that my parents dealt with vietnam,gas crisis, cold war and the other storm of 68 or 69. My grandparents dealt with WW2, korea, great deppression and other storms. I think these are events that were comparable.

I agree the revelations match a lot of these storms. But we all experience life events.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Grand Prairie/Dallas, Texas Supreme is now $3.05, but expected to go up. I decided that tomorrow I am taking a day off of work because I cannot take hearing about all this hurricane crisis anymore. It is starting to get to my head. I work for the city and we are opening up Reunion Arena to let some refugees stay there for 3-4 weeks or so. I cannot escape them talking about it here, so I am going to leave the TV/Radio off on Friday and just listen to some CD's and work on my car and some errands. I am keeping everyone in my prayers, though.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

At the 7-Eleven here in WF TX regular unleaded yesterday was 3.03 a gal. And less than 3 blocks away at the United supermarkets gas atation it was 2.59. This morning it was still 2.59 at United, Im afraid to know what it is at 7-11. Talk about friggen price gouging. They should prosecute people for this ****. Also there were gas trucks to deliver gas yesterday that were sitting around corners that wouldnt deliver to stations that were out until the prices rose again (it was on the local news lastnight). Is this bullshit or what? And it took our lustrious leaders 2 and a half days to decide to dip into the federal oil reserve. Its to the point now that I may not be able to afford the payment for my wifes Yukon and be able to drive it, hell I may have to call them and tell them to come pick it up. If they keep going like this the economy will go to ****, because people wont be able to afford anything other than gas to get to work.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you take into account inflation. If the 70's were now, gas would have to get to over $80 per barrel to hit the "crisis" they had in the 70's. $80 isnt anything when you look at we are already over $70! I have been sticking close to this subject matter and from what I understand, they expect it to go over $80 a barrel, however they also expect it to all turn around (when we dont know not anytime soon). They do believe once everything is leveled off that the going rate for a barrel of oil will be around the $50 range maybe even as low as $40. Low and behold we will not see $19 a barrel ever again (I believe) But hell right now $40 is looking pretty damn good! That would make the average gallon of gas be about $1.75 or so around the US. Which I think we could all live with. I agree though the economy is going to go to **** if the national average for a gallon of gas is $4! People just cant pay that! **** we would have to get Jerry Lee Lewis to do a Gas Telethon and put the $59 million in a national account and give everyone a gas card that draws from it so we can get to work and back! The rest of the USA doesnt understand that Texans have to drive 50+ miles to work each day!

I mean I work for a company that feeds off the Oil industry so times are good for our company but ****! Here you go OPEC take this!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

I dont feel like pumping gas anymore. I pumped $30 and got 10.958 or so gallons. Thats gay. Im going on a trip to San Antonio this weekend too. Man I think Im going to spend more on gas than my hotel fee. Now that really sucks ***. So why are we getting our troops killed for in Iraq??? Sorry but I feel like saying "BUSH SUCKS ***" ooops already said it.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

Default depressing

I hesitate now every time I hit the gas, I think well there goes 5 dollars, I have stopped driving and my girlfriend drives her civic everywhere, its depressing.