Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question's about Vortech?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question's about Vortech?

Today I went through my motor. I found some stuff that had me wondering. This first picture is a valve of some sort, it is circled in red. It is blowing out oil under boost. Can someone please tell me what I can do to fix it, is there a breather or a filter for it? [IMG][/IMG]

This second picture, there is a hole in the tubing going to the supercharger, is that supposed to be there? Any information would be much appreciated.
[IMG][/IMG]

In the third picture I was wondering if I could swap out the stock boot, and buy a aftermarket elbow or boot that would fit, and if so where? Thank you.
[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for any help, its appreciated.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

I can only offer where to get a new hose.
http://s2.pegasusautoracing.com/118.pdf
Old 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

your missing the hose that connects from the elbow to that 90 fitting off your valve cover. I can take a pic if you like and show you.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:13 PM
10 Second Club

in addition your missing the little plastic 90 that connects to the metal pipe. Did they ever put it in?

That kind of acts like a crankcase evacuator, it uses suction to draw air crankcase pressure out.

oh and ya I'm sure you can find a nice neoprene rubber hose to replace that nasty dryer hose. If you find out where to find one let me know, i want one in black.. so friggin ghetto lookin
Old 09-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
in addition your missing the little plastic 90 that connects to the metal pipe. Did they ever put it in?

That kind of acts like a crankcase evacuator, it uses suction to draw air crankcase pressure out.

oh and ya I'm sure you can find a nice neoprene rubber hose to replace that nasty dryer hose. If you find out where to find one let me know, i want one in black.. so friggin ghetto lookin
no, since ive had the blower installed, it's been the way it is now. can you please take a pic, and if you have the part #'s for the parts i need, that would be great also. thanks man

Brian
Old 09-14-2005, 06:28 AM
10 Second Club

go to vortechengineering.com and find the manual for your car there, there's a part list at the end of the manual.

I'll get you a pic tonight.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should not run the vehicle under boost, with a huge leak after the maf, as it will draw in unmetered air.

Ryan
Old 09-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slow
you should not run the vehicle under boost, with a huge leak after the maf, as it will draw in unmetered air.

Ryan
yea, i didn't have a clue till yesterday, it's crazy it's been like that for almost 4 years now

ok i have the parts list in front of me. would it be the oil drain assembly??? don't know what i need, do you think i need the hole assembly or just the tube that connects. alittle lost here, and alittle upset that the company that installed this thing, didn't have a clue what they were doing.

thanks

Brian
Old 09-14-2005, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

its about a 2 foot hose, you can get anywhere and a 90 grommet style fitting that goes into the elbow. should be a few bucks worth.

call vortech and ask to talk with john snee he'll able to pull up an exploded view and help you out with the missing parts you need.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
its about a 2 foot hose, you can get anywhere and a 90 grommet style fitting that goes into the elbow. should be a few bucks worth.

call vortech and ask to talk with john snee he'll able to pull up an exploded view and help you out with the missing parts you need.
hey man thanks you got a extension # to his direct phone line?
Old 09-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys, i just got off the phone with vortech, just ordered the grommet and 90 angle. im just gonna stop by the auto store for some 3/8 tubing. i guess 2ft should be enough.

Brian

Quick Reply: Question's about Vortech?