Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Update on PTK kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Update on PTK kit

What a day!!! The car is running and it pulls like a *****. I had Charlie from Andys auto come out and flash a base tune into the car. He spent about 20 minutes doing everything needed and then we were off. I putted around just enough to hear the MEGASONIC bov make this WICKED shuttering noise The smile on my face was from ear to ear. This BOV is SICK! Then he tells me to get into the BOOST. This is my first boosted car so I was READY I do a U turn and short shift first and put my foot to the floor This little 76GTS is Sweet. The power is graceful and it keeps pulling! I instantly hit 9 pounds and that is where it settled. The car had a hint of knock and so we put the timing at 13 degrees and left it at that. The injectors are at like 70% duty cycle at 9 pounds so there is a little fuel in her

Anyways I won't be able to get it to the dyno for a few weeks. I have a ton of stuff to do so I will try and get some numbers for you guys as fast as possible.

I HAVE to thank Charlie and Andys auto for coming out to my home and giving me a base tune. I can't wait to head out to Andys with a meth kit and a boost controller. I also have to thank Jose and Dalton at PTK and Forced Inductions for all of the support. It has been one hell of a road getting here but it was DEFINITELY worth it. This kit is doing very well so far. No leaks and fits like a GLOVE. Thanks again to Frcefed98 and Slowhawk for the advice as well as many other. I cant wait to get it dynoed. This thing is so much fun...I am going to go it right now

Glenn
Old 09-17-2005, 12:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I told you...the Turbosmart Megasonic was going to make you smile. Same reason why I got rid of my dual Tial 50's...hehe.

Jose
Old 09-17-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow is this the 1st LS1 PTK kit that we have feed back from???? Pics of it installed??

Kyle
Old 09-17-2005, 12:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yes this "Glenn's" and Darren's car are the first two members on this board that we know of.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/381444-finished-ptk-install.html
Old 09-17-2005, 04:37 AM
10 Second Club

My car is running also with a PTK kit
it will be at the Food Lion auto fair this weekend

thread
Old 09-17-2005, 05:35 AM
TECH Addict

Hey, if you could get a vid clip of the BOV, that would be sweet! i wanna see how it compares to the tial's
Old 09-17-2005, 06:22 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

I do hope for your sake that they checked and adjusted the air/fuel ratio. Do you know what they have the air/fuel set at for wide open throttle? Bob

Originally Posted by W8N2SQZ
What a day!!! The car is running and it pulls like a *****. I had Charlie from Andys auto come out and flash a base tune into the car. He spent about 20 minutes doing everything needed and then we were off. I putted around just enough to hear the MEGASONIC bov make this WICKED shuttering noise The smile on my face was from ear to ear. This BOV is SICK! Then he tells me to get into the BOOST. This is my first boosted car so I was READY I do a U turn and short shift first and put my foot to the floor This little 76GTS is Sweet. The power is graceful and it keeps pulling! I instantly hit 9 pounds and that is where it settled. The car had a hint of knock and so we put the timing at 13 degrees and left it at that. The injectors are at like 70% duty cycle at 9 pounds so there is a little fuel in her

Anyways I won't be able to get it to the dyno for a few weeks. I have a ton of stuff to do so I will try and get some numbers for you guys as fast as possible.

I HAVE to thank Charlie and Andys auto for coming out to my home and giving me a base tune. I can't wait to head out to Andys with a meth kit and a boost controller. I also have to thank Jose and Dalton at PTK and Forced Inductions for all of the support. It has been one hell of a road getting here but it was DEFINITELY worth it. This kit is doing very well so far. No leaks and fits like a GLOVE. Thanks again to Frcefed98 and Slowhawk for the advice as well as many other. I cant wait to get it dynoed. This thing is so much fun...I am going to go it right now

Glenn
Old 09-17-2005, 08:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

2000 Tran, the Tial's are quiet compared to the Megasonic......actually to quiet.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by W8N2SQZ

Glenn
You lucky dog!

Thanks for posting, man. Feel free to post some more about this experience!
Old 09-17-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JZ 97 SS 1500
2000 Tran, the Tial's are quiet compared to the Megasonic......actually to quiet.
ya, i know, thats what ive heard, im just curious if someone had a sound clip to compare the two, or at least let us hear how the megasonic one sounds...

this way, if i decide to change it down the road i know what to expect.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd really like a sound clip, too.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Man Ive got the tial already oh well cant win em all
Old 09-17-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 69firebird
Man Ive got the tial already oh well cant win em all
I hear ya brother.. same here.......
Old 09-17-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No check on the air fuel ratio yet Bob but I will try and get to the dyno soon. We see no knock and have a ton of fuel going down it. It wants to lay over a little after 5200 RPM and I feel this is due to the tune being so conservative. I am building a PCV system tonight as I still have the stock PCV system on it. Hopefully I will have it at the dyno in a few weeks. I really don't plan on driving it much until then.

I will do my best to get a video of the BOV next weekend.

Everything seems to be really good so far. Keep your fingers crossed.

Glenn
Old 09-17-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool thats good news... just try and stay out of the boost until then (we all know its hard to do ) we all want to see what this really does ya know.
Kyle
Old 09-17-2005, 06:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I will try to get a sound clip of mine and video.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JZ 97 SS 1500
I will try to get a sound clip of mine and video.
excellent
Old 09-19-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

I'll pitch in with a request of the BOV clips, please...