opinions and Driveablity on a RAM 6130 with 402L pressure late

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 04:53 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default opinions and Driveablity on a RAM 6130 with 402L pressure late

Just want opinons on it
Like It?? hate it??
Driveability on a daily driver that goes to the track every couple of weekends??
chatter??
responsiveness??

any comments at all please...

I'm going to be putting one in due to my clutch going out and I have a buddy who has one New sitting around because he changed his mind that is selling it to me CHEAP....
Old 09-20-2005, 05:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had that same setup a few years ago.Absolutely hated the hard peddle pressure.Chattered a bit and never made it to the track because the disk welded to the PP at 1k miles
Old 09-20-2005, 12:05 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
I had that same setup a few years ago.Absolutely hated the hard peddle pressure.Chattered a bit and never made it to the track because the disk welded to the PP at 1k miles
were you on a procharger when you had this clutch??
I already know that it doesnt hold up to any FI or Spray...
Old 09-20-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 402 pp and 910 sintered iron disk. Very stiff pedal. Not a street disk at all. I broke the engine in for 1800 miles, the clutch, disk, and flywheel, all new, went on the new engine. The pucks on the disk were gone and the billet flywheel had about a 1/16" deep groove about 2" wide worn into it. I would recommend this disk for race only, it will not last on the street. I did not like driving this clutch on the street, it is just too stiff. Went with the Textralia clutch and love it, but currently having slave/throw-out probs.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by soundengineer
Just want opinons on it
Like It?? hate it??
Driveability on a daily driver that goes to the track every couple of weekends??
chatter??
responsiveness??

any comments at all please...

I'm going to be putting one in due to my clutch going out and I have a buddy who has one New sitting around because he changed his mind that is selling it to me CHEAP....
I have mine in for 3 years. Pedal is harder, but the clutch grabs good. No problems here. It has 70-100 1/4 mile passes on it. Car dynoed 400 N/A and 500 N2O. The key is to make your stock master cylinder adjustable or get an adjustable one, and do the drill mode.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:07 PM
8 Second Club

I'm planning on getting teh 598 shims that Ram offers plus a new throwout bearing..and resurfacing the flywheel....when I have money I'll replace it with a new one...
and I'm doing the drill mod...it'll work till I can get my master cylinder turned into an adjustable one by a Local guy around here that is part of a group called the Road Pirates
one of the guys makes the stock Master cylinders adjustable...and he does it for WAY less than buying a new one...
Old 09-21-2005, 04:01 AM
11 Second Club

I ran the 402/910 and 402/980 clutches.. I'm not a big ram fan after having run those.. engagement always seemed to get terrible after a few thousand miles.. not only that they are rather stiff. Never had one slip though, and I have to say.. that is always reassuring. They are very on/off though.. The flywheel was beat to hell and back after running the 910.. I sold it and I thought it looked pretty decent.. just need a surface .. but the buyer said the machine shop said it was pretty freaking shot and wanted to charge alot of money to make it useable.

I'd give it a try since its cheap, but I can promise you you'll need at least a few trips to get used to it, and you are probably gonna hate it the first trip or two.

Pics of job looks cool.. if you are doing anything in Atlanta let me know and I'll buy you a few beers and we'll talk cars.

Peace,
Josh
Old 09-21-2005, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by soundengineer
I'm planning on getting teh 598 shims that Ram offers plus a new throwout bearing..and resurfacing the flywheel....when I have money I'll replace it with a new one...
and I'm doing the drill mod...it'll work till I can get my master cylinder turned into an adjustable one by a Local guy around here that is part of a group called the Road Pirates
one of the guys makes the stock Master cylinders adjustable...and he does it for WAY less than buying a new one...
I didn't need a shim w/my ram and buy a new GM slave,it comes with a bearing and may save you a headache.

Quick Reply: opinions and Driveablity on a RAM 6130 with 402L pressure late