Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot head! Great Experience so far!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot head! Great Experience so far!

I bought some 5.3 heads from a forum member that were Patriot stage II ported and supposidely decked 0.05.

I bought them assuming the risk inherent with all used parts. They came in good shape and had no issue with installing them as is.

However, I pm'd Gunnar at Patriot asking about some issues I read about on forums.

Get this! He offers to check out heads! Free of charge. Granted I had to pay for shipping back, but what is $45 for a piece of mind that heads are right! Being used and all.

I get them back today and pop them open! WOW! is all I can say! They look almost brand new. They not only cleaned up the head surface, but cleaned up the intake/exhaust runners and replaced the valves and seals. This must have cost them a fair amount of $$$. To make it even more impressive, I wasn't their original SALE. They made no $$$ off me. I feel guilty now, so I'm writing this post to provide some experience I had with them which is EXTREMELY positive. I will NEVER buy another brand of head, and I'm looking at getting new heads for my 2001 Z06 to improve the 393 rwhp I have. I can't say how the heads I have perform. However, everything I've experienced so far has been so far above and beyond what I expected, that I just had to tell people!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:37 AM
FormerVendor

We appreciate the post. Let us know how they do.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

That's good to hear because I just purchased their stage II heads. Hopefully they perform as well as their customer service. I have to admit, I have my doubts considering the price...
Old 09-21-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I stopped paying attention to price along time ago...the old you get what you pay for adage just doesn't fly in this day and age. Lets face it, the pricing of all this stuff was set because of everyone elses pricing, dating back to when there were very little options for LS1's and they could charge whatever they wanted. Just because some people choose to move beyond that pricing structure (and lately more and more are doing so) it doesn't mean their heads are any worse...

Ask the LT1 guys about Lloyd Elliot for a great example
Old 09-21-2005, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gunnar@Patriot
We appreciate the post. Let us know how they do.
well Gunnar, as I stated I'm so impressed with everything so far, I felt this was the least I could do

hopefully I'll get some time in the next week or two, to get these put on. I still gotta order head studs, gaskets, and some other odds and ends.

this working 4 jobs is taking it's toll :O
Old 09-21-2005, 12:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesnt surprise me a bit. I know Gunnar is prolly getting tired of me, but he has been nothing but help the past few months. Good luck with your heads.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:05 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Doesnt surprise me a bit. I know Gunnar is prolly getting tired of me, but he has been nothing but help the past few months. Good luck with your heads.
Just checked the tracking on your heads, they will be delivered tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CoronaL
well Gunnar, as I stated I'm so impressed with everything so far, I felt this was the least I could do

hopefully I'll get some time in the next week or two, to get these put on. I still gotta order head studs, gaskets, and some other odds and ends.

this working 4 jobs is taking it's toll :O

Thanks again.

All of us here work hard to provide great customer service.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnar@Patriot
Just checked the tracking on your heads, they will be delivered tomorrow.
See what I mean, it just keeps getting better & better.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

I got my heads in from Patriot today and after inspecting and checking every inch of the heads they look really good. So far quality is good just hope performance is good and I won't know that until I get off my *** and install them.

Thanks Patriot
Old 09-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Teching In

I love my Patriot Heads!