Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SERIOUS Tranny Problem! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SERIOUS Tranny Problem! HELP!!!

Ok first off, I have a Pro 5.0 Shifter installed by Don Lee Auto (very reputable place in Ranco in Cali - I even asked em to use loctite on the bolts) in case that may be the problem. I was down at the track tonight racing with some local Goats - 1st run I was almost killed by the dragster in the lane next to me... he lost control and came WAY into my lane on 2 wheels. Anyways - 2nd run, I spin and miss 2nd (no grinding sound - nothing). When I get back to the pits, I notice my shifter is REALLY sticky getting into gear - approx. 20 lbs of force if not more to get it into ANY gear - reverse is NOT POSSIBLE... no matter what gear I try to go into reverse from. For every gear, it gets harder and harder to get it in... sometimes it even grinds into 1st and 3rd. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY SHIFTER/TRANNY?!?!? I drove it home from the track (NOT a good idea but I did it anyways) - however, once I get it into gear, it runs fine, no slipping gears - they still hold the torque fine... just getting it into gear is horrible and I give about 15 more shots into 1st before it becomes litterally impossible. Also, going into gear it makes a metal "plopping" sound... pretty audible from outside the car.... HELP!!!

P.S. If anyone can tell me about some good local shops in Vegas that can help me with my problem, I'd appreicate it.

Thanks
Ryan
Old 10-01-2005, 10:14 AM
wrencher

Sounds like a clutch release problem. Goes in fine with the car not running right?
Old 10-01-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wrencher
Sounds like a clutch release problem. Goes in fine with the car not running right?
Yep... don't even need the clutch when the car's off... slips rigtht in... easier than it was when I first got the new clutch/master/slave/shifter installed... what's the problem and what kind of shop can fix it? Tranny shop or someone like Combination Motorsports out here in Vegas?
Old 10-02-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

ttt for ya ryan
Old 10-02-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

clutch, maybe hydrolics
Old 10-02-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
ttt for ya ryan
Thanks 1320 out here in Vegas is gonna probably take a look at it for me tonight at around 4:00... so much for getting out of here today... it's gonna be hell playing catch-up in school... I just want to get $hit working again... BAH!!! She was running SO freakin strong too... if anyone's got any more ideas, let me know... I'm just preying it's not a broken fork inside the tranny... if it is... I gotta wait for Len to get back from out of town and I don't have a clue when that'll be.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slave/Master are gone. Is there any fluid leaaking from the bell housing? If there isn't then I would place my bet on the master. The slave probably isn't too far behind.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 02 BLK WS6
Slave/Master are gone. Is there any fluid leaaking from the bell housing? If there isn't then I would place my bet on the master. The slave probably isn't too far behind.
Both have less than 3k miles on them!!! If that's the case, then RAM is going to get a freakin ear-full!!! I RARELY get on it... usually only at the track.... grrrrr. K thanks.