Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Dealership nightmare - be aware.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership nightmare - be aware.

Don't ever buy a car at Performance Nissan @ 10500 Hwy 99 - Everett.

I've read Howard's post about his bad experience with the Acura guys so I am posting here also about this particular Nissan Dealer.

To make it short:

a) I get in asking for a 2005 Nissan Murano in copper exterior and black leather interior, sunroof and nothing else.

b) "We don't have one here but we can find one for you"

c) Cool, find one and call me.

d) "We found one, come over and we'll go over details"

e) I go there, they show me the spec sheet, it's the car I want. Then I ask, are you sure it's leather interior? I don't see it here on this spec sheet. "Sure it is, and if it's not we can install it" -- "No, I don't want you to install it, I want it like that from factory" -- "It's leather, don't worry, I guarantee, blah blah blah"

f) So we sign a few papers and I have to give a $1,000 deposit just to prove my intention of really buying, no big deal.

g) They call me next day saying the interior is cloth and that they'll install the leather for $2,000 -- I say where did you find this car? He goes "it's a car that is at a Nissan dealer in eastern WA" -- I go screw that, I'm not paying a dime and I don't want you to install anything, hold my $1,000 check and I'll be there in 5 min to pick it up"

h) I get there and the check is already deposited so I have to put a stop payment on it and threat suing them if they don't pay my bank fee.

Here's the kicker: I went to Yonker's Nissan in Renton (excellent service btw) and they found the car I wanted in 1 day and guess what - it was the same car from the same dealer in eastern WA and the car had leather interior.

Performance Nissan tried to get $2,000 out of me for doing nothing, so let your friends know about this dealer and get them to stay away from there!
Old 10-15-2005, 10:45 PM
12 Second Club

That is lame. Now days you have to be on the look out for a scam everywhere.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

I would report this to the state attorney generals office, especially if you have the paperwork to back it up.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 99C5Coupe
I would report this to the state attorney generals office, especially if you have the paperwork to back it up.
No **** Nick, screw those morons, if you have all the **** to back it up you should report it.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Uuumm, yeah, what you say they did is HIGHLY illegal.......but I am curious, you said the spec sheet didn't show leather when the Everett deler showed it to you right? How does the vehicle now have leather? Was it not the spec sheet from the same vehicle? I guess I am just confused...
Old 10-17-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Uuumm, yeah, what you say they did is HIGHLY illegal.......but I am curious, you said the spec sheet didn't show leather when the Everett deler showed it to you right? How does the vehicle now have leather? Was it not the spec sheet from the same vehicle? I guess I am just confused...
Who in the hell knows... It was there as a code that only they could understand but after the fact I was so glad I didn't lose any cash and that I found the right car for the wife that I didn't even care anymore. I'll dig my files here and see what kind of code that was.

BTW Rick what a great F-1 race in China huh!! I was glued on TV, did you see that crash (the yellow panasonic car --Portuguese driver I guess) ?? Damn, the car shattered! Damn French dudes, those Renaults are fast!! Next year no more V10s just V8s .... I want to see that
Old 10-18-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry you had to go through that. With Seaview Suck Chevrolet too, it seems like there are some realy crappy dealerships up in Snohomish County.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

My last dealings with Acura of Bellevue put such a sour taste in my mouth that I really don't think I will ever deal with a dealership again.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
Sorry you had to go through that. With Seaview Suck Chevrolet too, it seems like there are some realy crappy dealerships up in Snohomish County.
Man, Seaview does suck! I went and looked at a 97 WS6 they had. The test drive was fine, got back and they would barely deal, went home and found it on-line listed for about 2gs less then they said they couldn't go any lower then. I just stopped by, dropped off the ad, and left.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

I had good luck with Lithia Motors, not so much for service since I bought the car out of a tent at the supermall, but I paid 18k for my 02 Z28 with 1,200 miles and 2 months since it was manufactured and at 5% interest. I didn't even have to negotiate and even gave me going price for my 00 Monte Carlo SS(14k at the time).
Old 10-18-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Amorget
Man, Seaview does suck! I went and looked at a 97 WS6 they had. The test drive was fine, got back and they would barely deal, went home and found it on-line listed for about 2gs less then they said they couldn't go any lower then. I just stopped by, dropped off the ad, and left.
Yeah, Seaview doesn't have the best rep around......unless it is the best rep for being the WORST dealer around.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was looking through some ads for cars (can't remember what I was looking for....probably used corvettes) and Seaview was almost always higer than everywhere else.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seaview don't want to deal unless they know that you are serious about buying a car THAT day when you walk in. Their Sales Manager is a PR##K and their sales staff is not much better! I won't even talk about their Service Dept.!
Old 10-18-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good Chevrolet is really good. We went in there to drop off some Club informaiton & almost did a 05 Cobalt SS Left on really good terms.

I will not deal with Hiatt in Tacoma they suck really bad. If you walk away from a deal they will follow you out to your car & almost force you to come back in & do the deal you want. We did end up doing the deal with them but they got the worse end of the bargan on it. But I guess thats what they get for doing a deal with a car that they didnt get to see or test drive before the trade happen right?

& you guys wonder why we are not doing our Fbody show at seaview anymore????? a show that we have done there for the last 5 yrs or so.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

while we are on the subject, don't go to performance kia (same owner). my mom and i went there to look at the amanti (the one that looks kinda like a m-b). she wanted to pay $250 for a car that cost about $22,000, and trade in here pathfinder that she owes nothing on. seems reasonable right? when my mom laid that down, the guy said that she was a little short. for $250 she could get a car that was around $10,000, but the $22,000 car would be about $650 a month. this is for a kia, not a bmw. i have no idea what they are smoking, and i feel sorry for anyone who goes in there and pays that. my mom told him she was paying $350 a month, and that when she bought it she didn't have a trade-in. the guy was like, "really, why did they give you that deal." she said, "i guess they wanted to sell a car."
Old 10-18-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

A $650 monthly payment on a $22K loan is close to 20% apr if not more. They're smoking crack. My car is paid off, but my payments were $323 and I bought the car for $20K on a 8% loan back in 2002.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jewbacca
while we are on the subject, don't go to performance kia (same owner). my mom and i went there to look at the amanti (the one that looks kinda like a m-b). she wanted to pay $250 for a car that cost about $22,000, and trade in here pathfinder that she owes nothing on. seems reasonable right? when my mom laid that down, the guy said that she was a little short. for $250 she could get a car that was around $10,000, but the $22,000 car would be about $650 a month. this is for a kia, not a bmw. i have no idea what they are smoking, and i feel sorry for anyone who goes in there and pays that. my mom told him she was paying $350 a month, and that when she bought it she didn't have a trade-in. the guy was like, "really, why did they give you that deal." she said, "i guess they wanted to sell a car."

If she's still lookin for an amanti have her go to Kia of Kirkland they should be able to take care of her. They're the top customer rated dealer in the NW and top 30 in washington. I'm tryin to get a job there as a service writer should know tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Dealership nightmare - be aware.