Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

trans am logo between tailights

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans am logo between tailights

the red trans am logo between my taillights is starting to fade. what should i do - take it all the way off, or is there a sticker i can buy to replace it?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

i took it off of my car and i like it a whole lot without it. just sanded it down with 1500wet and 2000wet, then polished it with mothers plastic polish on my buffer. there are stickers out there also. do you have a color scheme right now except for black?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can either take it off (comes off with acetone, aka nail polish remover) polish it up and call it good, or get it polished and add a decal, there's a slew of colors, I like silver/chrome as it goes with my color scheme
One other choice, you can replace the whole thing with the center section from a CETA (silver bird and trans am lettering) you can get the CETA center section from GM parts direct for $81
That's your choices

Last edited by 2K2WS6TA; 10-17-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Teching In

so far my car is solid black but my enkei's are silver. i thought about painting the door emblems silver to match so i might go with some silver stickers. where can you get them?
Old 10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ebay, phoenix graphics, fourthcircle designs, stunner graphics, there's a ton of places
Old 10-17-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Take it off..I think it looks good without it.

sorry for the dirty car.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

i love the bird there, i accually made it a point to find oen with the paint still bright red...tho i eventually covered it with a gold overlay to match the stripes

i would definately put a red overlay back ont here if nothing else...i would personally never shave it it jsut looks too plain

Old 10-17-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like my red on black, got all the decals from fourth circle designs, but I think I'm going to remove the word firebird in favor of Formula. I'm sick of people thinking my car is a V6
Old 10-17-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A lot of people have gotten stickers / overlays from Brent Franker.
http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm

He makes them for the front, back, sides, wheels, inside, etc. Pretty much any word or emblem anywhere on the car. He also has a variety of colors available.

Personally, I'm going to be removing my fading logo and stick with the all black look for a while. I didn't blackout my taillights (and soon the sides as well) for nothing.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Luna

I like my red on black, got all the decals from fourth circle designs, but I think I'm going to remove the word firebird in favor of Formula. I'm sick of people thinking my car is a V6
why not? use that to your advantage and make some money off the less educated....that was really the only reason i considered a formula, for the sleeper aspect, but i decided that i liked the trans am's front facia more than enough to only consider a formula for a couple weeks (that and i wanted the power everything/leather etc.)