Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

cailpers, bellow, and mesh grille!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cailpers, bellow, and mesh grille!!!

Finally got around to doing some things on my car this week. painted the calipers from red to orange to help with the color scheme. put in some mesh inserts for the bumper cut-outs in the front and havn't gotten around to putting up some good pictures of my do-it-yourself smooth bellow yet so here ya go! let me know what you think!!!!

links from my cardomain page.

smooth bellow-

mesh grille insert-

painted calipers-

Old 10-20-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmm interesting. How'd you install the mesh inserts?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

i got some guttering type mesh looking stuff that came in long 2 footX~6 inch strips. i think its 7 bucks for 5 of those rectangle sheets at lowes. cut accordingly and folded them in there. if you mess aruond with them enough they start to stick into the bumper bracing (that grey styrafoam stuff) we will see how long they last. ill try to get a better picture up soon.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

where did you get the smooth bellows from??? And how thick were they?? I went to home depot to find the fernco tubing, but it was incredibly thick, and didnt wanna put that thick of a tube on my car unless someone else told me they had done it.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

looks good man, now do something about those yellow headlights and you're set.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

looks good, i like the painted calipers it gives off a sense of quality. one question though what did you do with the rubber tube that plugs into the side of the lid?
Old 10-21-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

the fernco tubing is fairly thick but you boil it in water to fit and it all works out fine. i've had mine for about a month and no problems yet. the tube that is supposed to connect to the airbox is supposed to go to the AIR system. the previous owner before be, for some unknown reason, decided to just remove it. so my air pump gets it's air from right infront of the air pump. im debating whether this is good or not. i eventually want to removie air and egr after i get some LT's on there though.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by drummydummy
the fernco tubing is fairly thick but you boil it in water to fit and it all works out fine. i've had mine for about a month and no problems yet. the tube that is supposed to connect to the airbox is supposed to go to the AIR system. the previous owner before be, for some unknown reason, decided to just remove it. so my air pump gets it's air from right infront of the air pump. im debating whether this is good or not. i eventually want to removie air and egr after i get some LT's on there though.
Well, i have a seperate filter for my AIR that i got with my lid, All the system does is put air in your exhaust so quality isn't something to be worried about, but clogging up the pump probably would be. You can also get fittings for EGR and AIR with LT's, but yeah it's better to just remove them and tune those codes out.

Quick Reply: cailpers, bellow, and mesh grille!!!