Sponsored by:

few ? on a DRY system

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default few ? on a DRY system

I am looking to have a little winter Fun,

I know that a wet system is better , but i want to install a total stelth system,

With one nitrous silinoid and a dry foger nosil in my air lid ,

I will be turbocharging the car down the road , so this is just for this winter .

I need to know how much of a nitrous shot can i spray through my mass air,

The car is pretty much stock, it is a 2001 SS M-6

I am installing a racetronx intank fuel pump soon,

so i need to know how much nitrous can the stock injectors suport, on a 2001 camaro.

Is the ZEX dry nosil a good foger to use,.

also let me know any thing that i shoud do , or be aware of installing a dry system,

I want to run a 150 shot but not sure if the fuel system (injectors) can match the nitrous requiments.

What size injectors are in a 2001 ?

thank you for your help
Old 11-02-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

You can do 100-125 dry on stock pump and injectors. Hoewever you NEED 2 solonoids! thet work together as a safety device. See if one sticks open hopefully the other will shut off the nitrous at the end of the run. If you only have one and it hangs up, when you left off the gas (WOT) it will continue to spray and do some serious damage to the engine.

99-02 are 26.8 lbs injectors while 1998 are 28.8's they can hold 150. Texas speed sells them cheap.

Someone else with ZEX help him on kit specifics.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
I am looking to have a little winter Fun,

I know that a wet system is better , but i want to install a total stelth system,

With one nitrous silinoid and a dry foger nosil in my air lid ,

I will be turbocharging the car down the road , so this is just for this winter .

I need to know how much of a nitrous shot can i spray through my mass air,

The car is pretty much stock, it is a 2001 SS M-6

I am installing a racetronx intank fuel pump soon,

so i need to know how much nitrous can the stock injectors suport, on a 2001 camaro.

Is the ZEX dry nosil a good foger to use,.

also let me know any thing that i shoud do , or be aware of installing a dry system,

I want to run a 150 shot but not sure if the fuel system (injectors) can match the nitrous requiments.

What size injectors are in a 2001 ?

thank you for your help
You have 28 lb injectors on your 2001. You could do a 150 shot if the car is bone stock. I went with the dynotune dry kit & added a MSD digital window switch. I would not spray w/o the window switch. You can do 2 noids, that's what I did for peace of mind. It is not mandatory though, they don't do 2 noids on wet kits. You need to install NGK TR6 plugs as well. I did a lot of research/reading in this forum before I installed mine. Have fun.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by code4
You have 28 lb injectors on your 2001. You could do a 150 shot if the car is bone stock. I went with the dynotune dry kit & added a MSD digital window switch. I would not spray w/o the window switch. You can do 2 noids, that's what I did for peace of mind. It is not mandatory though, they don't do 2 noids on wet kits. You need to install NGK TR6 plugs as well. I did a lot of research/reading in this forum before I installed mine. Have fun.
They don't do dual noids on a wet kit because it won't work the same as a dry kit, think about it. Running dual noids on a wet will double the chance for failure/problems (like if a noide fails to open). If you have a failure on dry it saves your motor.
Robert
Old 11-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Restricted User

yes i thought my car does have the bigger fuel injectors 28lbs.

the car is all stock except for a SLP 85mm mass air and SLP air lid.

i have a scanmaster , so how can i see if the injectors are being max out , i know they measure them by puls with, what is maxam pulse width?

what dry noisel should i get that will flow a 150 shot?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

check us out at www.dynotunenitrous.com

Let us know if you have any questions!

The dry kit will flow over 175hp if the injectors and everything else can keep up. As far as the two solenoids go....Honest, with the dry kit, im not sure if anything would happen if the noid stuck open. As long as you shut your egine off then removed the coil wire, purged the cyld's out.... I have not heard of anyone having an issue with the dry kits like this on any brand? On a wet kit the result could be bad if the fuel sticks....Not good! We have had very good luck with our solenoids, use a good n2o filter and you really dont need a second one. PM us and we will cut you a very good deal on an additional noid if you want it in the kit

Cheers

Dan
Old 11-03-2005, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All the dry kits pretty much work the same. So if you already have the zex kit use it.I am not a fan of the dual solenoid set up because of its restriction.However it will work but if you buy a system with a quality solenoid and use a nitrous filter you are set.
Dave
Old 11-03-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

So you guys don't see a problem with a n2o noid sticking open on a run, then on deceleration it is still spraying full blast, and because it's before the maf it's getting a ton of extra fuel. Then you approach ticket booth and it's still spraying n2o/fuel at idle and when you do your lugging take off... Granted, chances of having any problem with a dry is very slim. I have had sticking n2o noid on two different occassions, one was wiring related and the other was contaminate related. Neither caused a problem, but I have a ws so spray was rpm controlled. I also must point out that neither senerio was NOS Powershot noid related, so the quality issue isn't a concern.
Robert
Old 11-03-2005, 12:18 PM
FormerVendor

Well obviously if there is a wiring issue it will affect both noids and the filter would have kept dirt out of the system.If a sticking nitrous solenoid was a huge problem the thousands of wet systems we sell would have the same issue.The quality of the solenoid is deffintly a key player but so is the installation.
Dave
Old 11-03-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Now I never said a huge problem. The concept will flat out not work on a wet system, period. So, comparing redundant noids on a dry hit with what a wet kit will/will not do is irrelevant. Dave, you like to imply that running redundant noids on the NOS 5177 kit is a quality issue. I then would like to ask you why NOS doen't drop the dual powershot noids and change over to a Cheater or Pro Shot single noid (noids that are equal to any nx noid)? I will tell you why, even though it would be cheaper, it's an additional safety built in. Now if all the manufactures supplied a window sw with their kits, redundant noids probably would not be needed.
Robert
Old 11-03-2005, 01:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Robert56
Now I never said a huge problem. The concept will flat out not work on a wet system, period. So, comparing redundant noids on a dry hit with what a wet kit will/will not do is irrelevant. Dave, you like to imply that running redundant noids on the NOS 5177 kit is a quality issue. I then would like to ask you why NOS doen't drop the dual powershot noids and change over to a Cheater or Pro Shot single noid (noids that are equal to any nx noid)? I will tell you why, even though it would be cheaper, it's an additional safety built in. Now if all the manufactures supplied a window sw with their kits, redundant noids probably would not be needed.
Robert
Ok Im confused. Why would a window switch make a difference in weather or not you use redundant solenoids?
You can run a dual nitrous solenoids on a wet kit. It would still serve the same purpose. As a matter of fact with your theory it would be more needed since the nozzle is after the mass air meter and if the solenoid stuck open there would be no way for the car to know to add extra fuel.The car could lean out and take out a piston or a valve. The reason why no company does this is because its a ristriction and not needed.Lets face it running nitrous is a risk period.The chances of a properly good quality system malfuctioning is low but its still there. I know NOS adds the second solenoid for "saftey". I am not saying that it does not serve some purpose. I do feel the solenoids that come in there dry kits are not up to par in my standards.. AS far to the Cheater or pro shot solenoids they are in no way to being equal with the NX solenoids. The NX solenoids are a better solenoid.
Dave
Old 11-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Restricted User

Who makes the best for the money Dry system?

Yes i want the best noid i can get , can someone piece me together a dry system for my 01 SS,

I am only going to use one noid and a good filter,, i want to install it under my air lid shelf, so it has to be a small set up to be 100% stelth,

Does anyone make a buit kit like this?

Otherize i will most likley get the single nosel EFI dyno tune dry system,
Dave is your kit better? and Why?

thanks guys for the help
Old 11-03-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Ok Im confused. Why would a window switch make a difference in weather or not you use redundant solenoids?
Sorry wording conflict, or temp brain fart.

You can run a dual nitrous solenoids on a wet kit. It would still serve the same purpose. As a matter of fact with your theory it would be more needed since the nozzle is after the mass air meter and if the solenoid stuck open there would be no way for the car to know to add extra fuel.The car could lean out and take out a piston or a valve.
On a wet hit, you have the possibilite of a n2o noid sticking open or closed, each of which will/can cause problems. Now if you add another n2o noid you just doubled the chance for problems. That is why it isn't done on wet. Same for the fuel side.

The reason why no company does this is because its a ristriction and not needed.
I disagree.

Lets face it running nitrous is a risk period.The chances of a properly good quality system malfuctioning is low but its still there. I know NOS adds the second solenoid for "saftey". I am not saying that it does not serve some purpose. I do feel the solenoids that come in there dry kits are not up to par in my standards.. AS far to the Cheater or pro shot solenoids they are in no way to being equal with the NX solenoids. The NX solenoids are a better solenoid.
I can take this opinion, maybe disagree on some, but acceptable.
Dave
Think about all the combination of problems that can happen on a wet hit compared to a dry hit, when considering redundant noids. About the only thing that can possibly cause a problem on a dry hit is a noid sticking open, so why not take that problem out of the picture. You could also make the argument for redundant noids on the fuel side of wet, but you double the chance of problems there also.
Also, one of my noid sticking open issues was with a filter. When I tore it apart it was from moisture. Cleaned it up, and been working since.
Noids do occasionaly stick open and/or fail to open. All kits and companys have a certain failure rate.
Robert

Last edited by Robert56; 11-03-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Restricted User

please send me any links or pictures of stelth systems, or anyone who makes - builds them,
Old 11-03-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
please send me any links or pictures of stelth systems, or anyone who makes - builds them,
Check with Dave and his Halo system, it also uses NX noids. You can completly hide this system.
Robert
Old 11-03-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Robert56
Check with Dave and his Halo system, it also uses NX noids. You can completly hide this system.
Robert

Doesn't this kit have the line feeding in the back of the lid? Have they changed it to make it completely hidden?
Old 11-04-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Y2K2LS1
Doesn't this kit have the line feeding in the back of the lid? Have they changed it to make it completely hidden?
I think Dave can set it up however a person wants it.
Robert
Old 11-04-2005, 08:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Whats the halo kit cost?
Dynotune kit is $349
Old 11-04-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BURN'EM
You can do 100-125 dry on stock pump and injectors. Hoewever you NEED 2 solonoids! thet work together as a safety device. See if one sticks open hopefully the other will shut off the nitrous at the end of the run. If you only have one and it hangs up, when you left off the gas (WOT) it will continue to spray and do some serious damage to the engine.

99-02 are 26.8 lbs injectors while 1998 are 28.8's they can hold 150. Texas speed sells them cheap.

Someone else with ZEX help him on kit specifics.
You dont neeed 2 solenoids...I run one big one with a .102 orfice and it supplies me fine. 200 pills make 240 and ive never had one hang open. I run a filter when filling the bottle, I use paste installing the fittings into the noid and I run a filter off the bottle itself.

If you know the signs of a stuck solenoid IE surging when the blade is closed, if your bottle is mounted like mine you kill the system and turn the bottle off which is mounted right behind you...
Old 11-04-2005, 09:36 AM
FormerVendor

We offer three Dry kits.
We offer our single nozzle kit for 349.00.A dual nozzle dry kit for 400.00 and our Halo system for 499.00. All three systems come standard with a 10lb bottle with NXs new 45 valve,stainless steel quick release bottle brackets,20ft main feed line,NX 300 HP lifetime warrenty solenoid,jets,fittings,hoses,wot switch,wiring harness and relay etc.

The Halo system comes with every thing above but it also has our Halo distribution Ring. The unit is offered in two ways. You can go completely hidden with the line comming up through the filter and connecting to the distribuion ring in the air lid or in the face of the air lid for not hiding it. The Halo system also has a liquid filled nitrous pressure gauge,Fuel pressure safety switch,NHRA fitting and Blow down tube.

Keep in mind all of our custom dry systems are builr from NX parts. TOP QUALITY
Dave