Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

overall best nitrous set up

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default overall best nitrous set up

pretty new to the ls1 world and would like some opinions on what kit is the best to use. I'm getting a T/A here in a few weeks.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mostly you'll get a biased opinion on this. Either it's a vendor and his fav brand, or a consumer with the brand he chose. Pretty much the same for wether going with dry or wet. You'll have to consider, safety, $$, quality, support, ease of install, completeness of kit and so on. The best way is to start reading posts and educate yourself, so you can make an informed decession based on your needs/wants. If you want some input on what I think would work for you based up on your needs/wants alittle more info is needed, knowledge base, money etc. I could rec a multi stage direct port, but I have no idea of your skill level, wether a shop will do it or how much you want to spend. Your goals with car is also needed.
Robert
Old 11-05-2005, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

^Damn, Robert nicely put.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Junkie

there is no best setup. there are setups that can be close to your needs and should suit you. depending on what you had before, id hang on awhile b4 gettin nitrous. the LS1 is a pretty potent beast without spray. You could try calling the various vendors that sell setups and see what each says about his recommendations. also, nitrous is only as safe as you make the system. don't skimp on the safety devices.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Phoenix57
there is no best setup
Exactly. That said, if you're looking for a good, basic nitrous system a single nozzle wet or dry system is probably the best and least expensive way to go.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the inputs. I guess I'm really just curious what is more commonly used, the wet or dry kit. I have used both. I had a dry kit (zex) on my 95GT and had a wet kit on my Lighting (NX).

Robert to give you a little more info, I plan on running a 100 shot and a 150 at most but will most likely just stay with the 100 for the motors sake. I don't plan to spray a lot anyway. As far as the knowledge base and money goes, Iknow how to use a wrench fine and know a fair amount about nitrous. I'm not looking to go with a crazy expensive kit but I don't mind paying a decent amount for a good product.

As I stated in another thread I will be the G5X1 cam 228/232 .585/.595-112 lsa, I guess this is a older cam but still seems to be a good one. I assume this a decent cam to spray on?

Thanks again!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Because you have a '99 you'll have the smaller 26lb injectors. So, a 100 dry would be max without some logging for a/f and injector duty cycle. I would still suggest logging for safety.
For what you are trying to do wet or dry will work, with dry being slightly safer. The least exspensive kits are the dry, which Nitrous Outlet, Dyno Tune, NOS (through Nitro Dave), Edelbrock and Nitrous Direct all carry a nice kit. Now if you want to go wet, each of these vendors offer bargin wet kits, also TNT. What ever you chose try to go with a sight vendor to help support our forum. I am sure the vendors will make suggestions for you on Monday. By the way, your cam is fine.
Robert
Old 11-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Restricted User

what is TNT's web sight?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

sounds good, I also have a FJO wideband on my L that I will be putting on the T/A to monitor A/F's at all times....especially with the spray. What injector size is recomended above the 26lb. I plan on throwing some heads on anyway so injectors wouldn't be a bad idea anyway with all the extra air going in.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lawnboy
what is TNT's web sight?

nitrous-power.com is the site, but the site is temporary down. Was up last week, but has been down since the weekend.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Checkout the DynoTune kit at www.dynotunenitrous.com

Here is a video of the kit in action..... http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...ideo_150hp.wmv

We also sell a wideband gauge for $279, let us know if we can help you out, I think this kit is on sale for $399 wet..... Dry kits are much less
Dan