Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about scanning with 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about scanning with 2.0

With 1.7 you click the arrow to start scanning. Should you decide to record then you would just click the square next to the arrow. With 2.0 when you start the scan arrow it immediately starts recording. The square record butting does nothing now. Is this correct? What am I doing wrong? The problem, I like to view my scanning vitals before I record. Once you start the scan then you have way too big log when you export it.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:19 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Larry, the square button is the stop button.. Similar to that on a VCR or a radio casette player.

You hit the play button like normal and when you are finished you can hit the stop button.

Your logged data is now open in the scanner. You can save the log if you like using the save log function.

You can play back your plog using the Green arrow.. that small trio of buttons is the playback set to playback your already recorded contents..

You can use the chart to easily scroll forward and backward through your log. You should rarely (if ever) need to export the log.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Magnus
Larry, the square button is the stop button.. Similar to that on a VCR or a radio casette player.

You hit the play button like normal and when you are finished you can hit the stop button.

Your logged data is now open in the scanner. You can save the log if you like using the save log function.

You can play back your plog using the Green arrow.. that small trio of buttons is the playback set to playback your already recorded contents..

You can use the chart to easily scroll forward and backward through your log. You should rarely (if ever) need to export the log.

Hope this helps.
I understand but sure like the capability of scanning for awhile without storing it and then hitting the record when I was ready to keep the info. This made for a much smaller log. I guess with 2.0 you can always stop it and start over so the file won't be too big.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why not just hit the start button, then tap the space bar twice...that will stop it & then start the record process again *shrug* one extra click of the space bar doesnt seem like much work
Old 11-23-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by foff667
why not just hit the start button, then tap the space bar twice...that will stop it & then start the record process again *shrug* one extra click of the space bar doesnt seem like much work
So the space bar works! I'll give that a try. Thanks...
Old 11-23-2005, 01:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yes.. just make sure you wait 1 second before hitting the space bar the second time.. as there is "double click" protection when clicking the space bar.. as documented in the help files.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Space bar method works great. Thanks for the help.

Help file, does anybody read them. Looks like I should from now on.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I wish more people read them..

We spent so much time on our help files and have more content than any other laptop based tuning tool for the late model GM's..

We even organized it very well also.

A great thing about the help files is you can search them if you are looking for something but not sure where to find it.

Problem is, people want to just jump into the software and go.. I'm the same way. Only resort to the help files when you have a problem... but this method is a sure way to avoid learning about many of the cool tricks VCM Suite 2.0 is capable of.

Enjoy!

- Keith, HP Tuners