Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Should I Get

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Should I Get

hey guys, my engine is stock, have a couple things bolted on, I want to get the safest and I guess "best" nitrous system for my stock engine, which one is the safest and I guess best and what is the highest shot I could run on it without having any problems and not messing the engine up? thanks for your input
Old 11-23-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

For a stock engine a little 100 shot dry system is just about a nobrainer. It would be the best & safest per $ spent easily.
Piece it together for $300 or spend more for a kit... doesn't matter.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The cheapest route for a small shot will be a dry system.I would suggest one of our dry systems. However id you are looking for about a 150 shot and the best overall performannce I say go with NXs single nozzle wet kit.
Dave
Old 11-23-2005, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
The cheapest route for a small shot will be a dry system.I would suggest one of our dry systems. However id you are looking for about a 150 shot and the best overall performannce I say go with NXs single nozzle wet kit.
Dave
This is your man.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Launching!

What are some decent dry kits to run a 100 shot?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Launching!

I was thinking about the NOS 5177 kit....any thoughts?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ConfusedGarage
I was thinking about the NOS 5177 kit....any thoughts?
That will work just fine. However our single nozzle,dual nozzle or Halo system is a very nice system to look at. The Halo is my favorite dry system on the market.
Dave
Old 11-23-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Most know I like dry and normally rec the 5177 as a very versitile kit. Dave's Halo kit certainly has to be considered a contender. Other site vendors also have good dry kits: Nitrous Direct, Dyno Tune and Harris Speed Works. Look for some new option Dry Kits to be coming soon.
Robert
Old 11-23-2005, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

What I was suggesting was simply buy a bottle, two lines, fittings, one solenoid, some wires, a relay, a switch, one nozzle and one jet for about $300 total.
You have to put it together anyway, but for something this simple there's little advantage to buying it as a "kit".

Between Summit Racing, eBay, and radio shack you could probably stay below $300.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:56 PM
FormerVendor

Or you could call us and get a system with the best solenoid on the market,complete and a warrenty to boot for 349...
Dave
Old 11-23-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Or you could call us and get a system with the best solenoid on the market,complete and a warrenty to boot for 349...
Dave
Does it come with the bottle?
I also assume the best solenoid on the market might be overkill for 100-shot,
but yes that's definately the easier of the options.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:37 PM
FormerVendor

Ofcourse,
It comes with a 10lb lb bottle with 45 valve,Quick release bottle brackets,20FT main feed line, Single dry nozzle,093 NX Nitrous solenoid, 2 foot -3 hose,wiring harness,relay,WOT switch,jets up to 200hp,all hardware, and great tech support if you need any help.
The nice thing about this kit and size solenoid is that if you decide to spray more or go wet in the future you will only need to add the fuel side.Not upgrade the nitrous solenoid.
Here is a picture It ios old.The new kits have a 45 valve and silver nozzle

For 349 dollars you cant beat it.
Or you can shop ebay and hope not to get screwed,You can spend gas money and time running across town to go to radio shack, or you can call summit and hopefully get all the right parts on the first shipment so you do not have to pay multible shipping cost. At the end it all ends up about the same.In some cases what you thought would be chaeaper ends up costing more.
Dave
Old 11-23-2005, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Ofcourse,
It comes with a 10lb lb bottle with 45 valve,Quick release bottle brackets,20FT main feed line, Single dry nozzle,093 NX Nitrous solenoid, 2 foot -3 hose,wiring harness,relay,WOT switch,jets up to 200hp,all hardware, and great tech support if you need any help.
The nice thing about this kit and size solenoid is that if you decide to spray more or go wet in the future you will only need to add the fuel side.Not upgrade the nitrous solenoid.
Here is a picture It ios old.The new kits have a 45 valve and silver nozzle

For 349 dollars you cant beat it.
Or you can shop ebay and hope not to get screwed,You can spend gas money and time running across town to go to radio shack, or you can call summit and hopefully get all the right parts on the first shipment so you do not have to pay multible shipping cost. At the end it all ends up about the same.In some cases what you thought would be chaeaper ends up costing more.
Dave
Dave your so right something always put's a wrench in the plan. It's easier to just get the kit and have it don right the first time.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between a wet kit and a dry kit, and which is better for the engine, and which one is the safest way to go? Mainly I want to know the difference and mnost imnportant which iss the safest wet or dry?
Old 11-23-2005, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by leftme4dead
Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between a wet kit and a dry kit, and which is better for the engine, and which one is the safest way to go?
Use the search button...you'll find your answer there.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:22 PM
FormerVendor

The wet and dry thing is a huge debate. Either system is just as safe as the other when used correctly. THe dry system is alittle cheaper to put together as long as you do not need to upgrade injectors.The wet system is more known for makeing better torque and giving better performance gains. Either system will work. If you do somethig wrong by cutting corners the wet system may have worse consiquences than the dry kit.
I suggest doing alittle reseach to decide if you are a wet system guy or a dry kit kinda guy. I prefer a wet system for the better performance gains.
Dave
Old 11-23-2005, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

what is the best wet kit that you would reccomend for my otherwise stock engine?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

what is the best wet kit that you would reccomend for my otherwise stock engine?
This would be my choice for $399 but then I may be slightly biased

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=115

Anything that Nitro Dave would recommend will also work very well for you.

Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Dean
Old 11-23-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

The wet or dry as the safest comes up a lot. i would suggest reading some of the posts from the last couple weeks as this has been covered in detail again lately. I am a dry guy and believe the facts support dry being safer by a margin. Mucho more on this subject, but getting a basic background of info will allow you to ask more specific questions to help you decide, rather than base your choice soley on others advice/opinions. Good Luck and stick with the site vendors.
Robert
Old 11-23-2005, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

Pardon my ignorance but what is the difference between a wet kit and a dry kit, and which is better for the engine, and which one is the safest way to go? Mainly I want to know the difference and mnost imnportant which iss the safest wet or dry?
Wet kit adds N20 and fuel tapped off the fuel rail, mixes and atomizes them with a nozzle near the throttle body in a simple form.
Dry kit squirts n20 through one of several styles of nozzle (or equiv) and fuel is added when the pcm sees more oxygen and the demand is put on the injectors themselves. The injectors and fuel pump may need to be higher volume additions.