Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ordering a quiet Procharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordering a quiet Procharger

I am interested in a D1-sc Procharger for my 01 SS.

Did any of you guys ask when ordering for a Procharger to be made Quiet (less noisey) for you?

Has anyone recieved a quiet not too loud Procharger
Please let us know

Thank you
Old 12-01-2005, 05:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

I can request a quiet one for you, but I haven't had a problem with the ATI ProChargers being noisey. ATI ProCharger uses straight cut gears, which are noisey until they are broken in, which usually takes approx 500 miles.
The CTS-V that we recently installed an ATI ProCharger D-1SC on is really quiet. Bob
Old 12-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Restricted User

I already asked you to get me a price on a D1-sc head unit Bob, I send you PM and a e-mail
Old 12-01-2005, 08:22 AM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

---- FYI----he cant put his quote in writing.

its too low and agianst ATI Procharger policy
Old 12-01-2005, 10:40 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ty_ty13

Correct, you have to call him to get a verbal quote...he can't put it in an e-mail, or even a PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ty_ty13

...thats gay. ok so i call and ask for the price. the person tells me the price and then i post the price on a website. is someobody going to take away my birthday for doing that?

i know of speed shops that post the prices (special on sale prices) on their website. why arent they being busted by the ati internet police then?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/414831-special-order-quiet-procharger.html
Old 12-12-2005, 08:19 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by SScottie
...thats gay. ok so i call and ask for the price. the person tells me the price and then i post the price on a website. is someobody going to take away my birthday for doing that?

i know of speed shops that post the prices (special on sale prices) on their website. why arent they being busted by the ati internet police then?

ATI procharger does that so all the distributors have a fair chance at selling by print....
and if ATI sees a vendor posting lower prices in ink/print they can take there agreement/terms away and they wont get to sell the ATI product.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:07 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Companies that actually do installs and answer tech questions are going to have more overhead, than a company that works out of a small garage and just drop ships orders. When all of these companies are allowed to post super low prices, sometimes hardly above the cost of the product, guess which companies can stay alive? When only the companies who have no real world experience with installs are the only ones left, guess where all the phone calls regarding tech questions are going to go to? The manufacturer.
The sharp manufacturers want to make sure than the above scenario does not occur, as they need and rely on the experience of the shops who do installs, and who work out some of the problems that invariably occur with any product. They also cannot handle all the calls that could come in regarding their product, if no one else can answer the questions. This type of problem has become much more pronounced with the explosion of the internet, where surfing for the lowest price on a product is very easy to do. Bob

Quick Reply: Ordering a quiet Procharger