PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help, TCS off light goes on every time i start the car??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default help, TCS off light goes on every time i start the car??

well i was trying to redo the connections for the tach lead to see if that was a problem with my shift light. i went to solder the wires and that solder iron was a little shitty so i stopped.one wire still may have some solder left on it but im not sure, the other side from the sensor is fine. that is the only thing i messed with before this happened

once i start up the car tcs off light comes on, i have no idea why or what could cause this. im going to go back over those wires and see if that can fix it, but i dont see how its related unless solder got on another wire or somethign. either way im going to check it out. i would love for some ideas on this. thanks
Old 12-07-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

redid the wiring and started the car and the light is off now, i dont nkow if that was the problem or what but sometimes when i start the car and give it gas tcs off light comes on so i dont now what the deal is...
Old 12-08-2005, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to see no replies to a thread...

I have seen this problem before and it usually happens when the MAF airflow doesn't jive with VE, and it may be accompanied by a P0121 Throttle Position code.

Have you drilled your TB ? That can be one cause if the hole is too big...

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 12-08-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

no i havent drilled the tb just ported it, the maf is off the car as well im runnign sd
Old 12-08-2005, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

I've never seen that problem on a car running in SD, but I think the problem has to do with too much air being sensed for the throttle position.

Hope that helped...

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 12-08-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

hmm...well first time it happened was when i reved up the car, so maybe the sudden change in airflow? but weird thing is it only did it cold and threw a service vehacle light as well. this time it was only the tcs off light that came on.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Have you checked the simple stuff like the TCS fuse? I pulled mine to automaticlly disable TCS everytime I start the car.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

I think if it were the fuse it would be disabled/TCS OFF light on as soon as he started the car, correct ?

I'm betting vacuum or TPS issue still.

When it threw the SES light did you get it scanned and if so what code did it throw ? (or was it really the 'service vehicle' light and not the 'service engine soon'/SES light ?).

Just a thought - changes in outdoor barometric pressure can cause changes in vacuum readings, maybe it got cold enough or low enough barometric pressure outdoors to make your tune start changing enough to cause it ?

No problems last winter ? Was the car in the same state mechanically ?

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 12-09-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

it was the service vehicle light, last year the car was totally different. it happened to me in the summer time as well but that time i got the service light. this time i did not have a log to see what happened. all i know is the 3rd try it worked and i fixed the pcm wire at the same time, may not be related but thats how it happened, odd ....
Old 12-09-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok well just happened again, i tried to try out my shift light again with all new wires and it didnt work but the light came on for TCS. cut the wire and started the car and it wasnt there. i dont get wtf is going on here